Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikini Bod

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

And how would you know I'm not dedicated?
    I don't have time for the gym.

If you don't have your bikini bod now with 4 weeks to go or at least near it then you aren't going to have it on holidays.

I respect people who are sersious about achieving something and are willing to put the work in. Too many are looking for a quick fix to a once off vanity occasion. Why not make it a year round effort?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭05D

05D wrote: »
    I know its late. i only found out today I was going.
    quote]

If you had of the read the previous post you would have seen the above.

I have a very busy schedule that has me commuting from Carlow to the city centre every morn and night. In the process of a building move here in work as well which has me working late every evening too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

If you don't have your bikini bod now with 4 weeks to go or at least near it then you aren't going to have it on holidays.

I respect people who are sersious about achieving something and are willing to put the work in. Too many are looking for a quick fix to a once off vanity occasion. Why not make it a year round effort?

Stop making presumptions and deal with the question asked - she wants to know how to make the biggest difference she can in 4 weeks. Either give her advice and contribute positively and constructively or why bother posting? You don't know about her motivation levels so just deal with the question asked.

celestial wrote: »
    Stop making presumptions and deal with the question asked - she wants to know how to make the biggest difference she can in 4 weeks. Either give her advice and contribute positively and constructively or why bother posting? You don't know about her motivation levels so just deal with the question asked.
    Just eat normally and a bit of exercise but you are going to look 99% like you do know.
    i only found out today I was going.
    Would you not just assume you are going to be showing a bit of your body during the summer and work from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Climate Expert have you got any actual constructive for the OP?

OP if you post up what a regular days' eating would entail we could go from there.

• Advertisement

Thanks G'Em.

Normal day would be.........

1 Cup of coffee

2 slices of brown toast w/ low low butter
    200 ml OJ

Brown bread sandwich w/ cheese & Sweetcorn (Coleslaw the odd time)
    200 mls Apple Juice
    Bag of pop corn

1 cup of coffee

breast chicken curry - boiled rice....or maybe Spud with a grilled rasher or else a ham salad

I love to have a roast dinners on a sunday w/ all the trimmings! Would normally have anything else though apart from a cup of coffee and maybe a slice of toast in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Just eat normally and a bit of exercise but you are going to look 99% like you do know.

Would you not just assume you are going to be showing a bit of your body during the summer and work from there.

Hey Climate expert,

Just how dedicated are you?
    Do you compete at a particular sport? If so which one/ones?
    Are you at an elite level of fitness in any class?

Why is it that the best in their field, and there are many on this board, rarely unless sufficently provoked, and even at that not often, come out with such an aggressive and condascending attitude......

Many people are not dedicated to fitness, because it does not match their particular goals at that time. eg: A person that has built a business, from a corner shop to a empire, may not have the dedication to focus on fitness, but if they put their mind to it they will achieve what they set out to do,

05D, go for it, you can make changes and it will probably kickstart a different approach to fitness and diet for you, and like I said earlier, I found removing anything that comes from a box or packaged from my diet had fairly impressive results :D

Drop teh fruit juices - they taste lovely but they're empty calories and they tend not to have a lot of fibre. You could try porridge or one piece of toast and scrambled egg for breakfast.

If you have to have a sandwich at lunch make it meat & salad, or even better have a salad and no bread. The popcorn is actually ok-ish and it'll help keep you full. Try and get unsalted if possible.

If you want to snack mid-meal that's fine, but make it whole fruit/ nuts (unsalted)/ yoghurt/ hard boiled egg/ veg sticks.

At dinner time try to fill up on meat and veg and go very easy on rice, pasta and potatoes.

Essentially keep your starchy carbs (breads, rice, spuds, pasta) to a minimum and you'll find it easier to lose some fat. Get active for the next few weeks - walk, run, do some bodyweight exercises like lunges, squats, push-ups which will help 'tone' you.

Coffee is fine, but sugarless!

Hey Climate expert,

Just how dedicated are you?
    Do you compete at a particular sport? If so which one/ones?
    Are you at an elite level of fitness in any class?
    Thats none of your business. Suffice to say I am ripped.

I think the most helpful thing to tell people who ask questions like this is the truth.
    Do any of you think this girl is going to get any kind of results in 4 weeks? No. So why lie to her?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

I think the most helpful thing to tell people who ask questions like this is the truth.
    Do any of you think this girl is going to get any kind of results in 4 weeks? No. So why lie to her?

Why the hell won't she see any kind of results in 4 weeks?!?

Ok so she probably won't have the body of Gisele Bündchen in a month, but 4 weeks is plenty of time to get her ass in gear and to start making the positive changes that will make her look and feel a hell of a lot better than she does now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

Great, so if you are ripped then you are in a perfect position to offer her constructive advice on making the greatest amount of possible change in 4 weeks. Right?

I think this is one of the few times on the forum that the following phrase is entirely warranted:

Pics of gtfo!!

In other news, you're starting to sounds very trollish. Criticism is all well and good but there's little you've said that can be construed as constructive. As Malteaser! has said four weeks is plenty of time to make a difference if you're willing to put in the work. The OP has said she's willing to do that so we'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

Thats comical,

So whats your point, you're ripped?? Is that it?

Woweeee, big round of applause for Climate Expert, somebody get this man a sponsorship deal,

gabgab wrote: »
    Thats comical,

So whats your point, you're ripped?? Is that it?

Woweeee, big round of applause for Climate Expert, somebody get this man a sponsorship deal,

You make no sense Gabgab so I'm just going to ignore your silly posts.

Criticism is all well and good but there's little you've said that can be construed as constructive
    I think the truth is constructive but you all seem to disagree.

I'm going to ignore your silly posts!

I think the truth is constructive but you all seem to disagree.

You are dead right climate expert, you're ripped, I bow to your amazing physique and flawless pursuit of perfection.....

Can I add you as a friend? Please....

gabgab wrote: »
    You are dead right climate expert, you're ripped, I bow to your amazing physique and flawless pursuit of perfection.....

Can I add you as a friend? Please....
    Pointless off topic post.

Touche,

You win, thanks for your helpful posts and I am looking forward to you posting up your ripped pyhsique pictures, when are they going up?

Apologies to all for the off topic post,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Suffice to say I'm impressed!!!!!

Where do you work that beatiful boday of yours by the way? Wouldn't be Total Fitness Castleknock would it?

Suffice to say I am heading there now for a 2 hour ab workout.

suffice to say I'm HAAAAAWT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Al_Fernz wrote: »
    Kudos on the "stick to a clean diet," comment too. Its not exactly the most helpful either.
    What's wrong with that advice? Is it not correct? Jebus, the mixed messages I sometimes get here...
    I don't need to show your advice any respect. You posted on a public forum. I can critcise your post how I see fit within the forum's rules.
    You don't have to be dismissive, condescending, sneering etc either. You can very easily express your disagreement with something - even strong disagreement - in a civil manner.
    You've left it too late. You aren't that dedicated either so you won't be having a beach bod to be proud of.
    She said the holiday was only booked around now.

She just wants to find out what's the maximum she can achieve in terms of firming things up within that particular time frame. Anyone who says she can achieve absolutely nothing, even with the maximum effort put in, is lying.

• Advertisement

ENOUGH.

Infractions given to gabgab, kevpants and Climate Expert

O5D please ignore any OT posts and don't reply to them. Did you see the suggestions I made earlier in the thread?
    g'em wrote:
    Drop teh fruit juices - they taste lovely but they're empty calories and they tend not to have a lot of fibre. You could try porridge or one piece of toast and scrambled egg for breakfast.

If you have to have a sandwich at lunch make it meat & salad, or even better have a salad and no bread. The popcorn is actually ok-ish and it'll help keep you full. Try and get unsalted if possible.

If you want to snack mid-meal that's fine, but make it whole fruit/ nuts (unsalted)/ yoghurt/ hard boiled egg/ veg sticks.

At dinner time try to fill up on meat and veg and go very easy on rice, pasta and potatoes.

Essentially keep your starchy carbs (breads, rice, spuds, pasta) to a minimum and you'll find it easier to lose some fat. Get active for the next few weeks - walk, run, do some bodyweight exercises like lunges, squats, push-ups which will help 'tone' you.

Coffee is fine, but sugarless!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

A month and a half ago, I had the same goal as you. We booked our holiday and I wanted to be able to wear a bikini with a little bit of confidence. I went to the gym 5 days a week and overhauled my diet. Like yourself, I don't have much to lose and am relatively fit. I did lose a few pounds but I don't think my mammoth efforts made a huge amount of difference.

My OH took an "ursula andress" type photo of me coming out of the sea. What a shocker!! Who was that pasty figure with the big a**e?

What my efforts (and the photo) did do was motivate me to keep going after I came back from the holiday. And the few pounds are coming off slowly but surely.

I am exercising a lot and eating very healthily, lorry loads of veg. And have cut the carb from my evening meal. So no pasta, rice, spud. When I cut the carb, I noticed the pounds coming off more quickly.

BTW I am 5 ft 7" and currently 10st. I have lost about half a stone. So 3 or 4 more pounds should do it for me.

The stickies on the diet and nutrition forum are very informative. I always seem to agree with g'em. She gives great advice.

mags16 wrote: »
    What my efforts (and the photo) did do was motivate me to keep going after I came back from the holiday. And the few pounds are coming off slowly but surely.

I am exercising a lot and eating very healthily, lorry loads of veg. And have cut the carb from my evening meal. So no pasta, rice, spud. When I cut the carb, I noticed the pounds coming off more quickly.
    Brilliant stuff, and I'm sure it doesn't feel like you're really 'dieting' at all given that you're doing it slowly and with small, but highly effective, changes. You probably feel great too - better energy/ sleep quality?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Dudess wrote: »
    What's wrong with that advice? Is it not correct? Jebus, the mixed messages I sometimes get here...

hi dudess,i think the point al was making is that saying to eat clean is obviously the goal,but the previous poster gave no indication of what that could entail.Its like saying to study more you need to study more.As for mixed messages,well thats what happens in online forums isn't it?I know this is off topic,but you joined tt recently and seem to be interested in making your body/life better and healthier,and i just didn't want you to get discouraged and stop using the fitness forum because of some poor advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Climate Expert,

I have seen you posting in what i could only consider a dubious manner in a couple of forums this week.

If you are bored then please don't bring that boredom to Fitness.

Either post helpfully, with respect to your other posters, or leave.

Easy.

Dragan
    - Moderator.

Dragan wrote: »
    Climate Expert,

I have seen you posting in what i could only consider a dubious manner in a couple of forums this week.

If you are bored then please don't bring that boredom to Fitness.

Either post helpfully, with respect to your other posters, or leave.

Easy.

Dragan
    - Moderator.

Well this would sort of vindicate my point.
    A month and a half ago, I had the same goal as you. We booked our holiday and I wanted to be able to wear a bikini with a little bit of confidence. I went to the gym 5 days a week and overhauled my diet. Like yourself, I don't have much to lose and am relatively fit. I did lose a few pounds but I don't think my mammoth efforts made a huge amount of difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

While it might vindicate your point it does not to vindicate your attitude.

I would also be wary of using one post to counter another without knowing a lot more detail about the efforts both parties have put in.

You claim to know your stuff, that makes me question it somewhat.

Keep it going and you will be banned.

It's about that simple.

While it might vindicate your point it does not to vindicate your attitude.

I didn't read the charter rules on 'attitude'. I think its just mods looking for excuses because they don't like what they hear.

I didn't read the charter rules on 'attitude'. I think its just mods looking for excuses because they don't like what they hear.

Well I suggest that during the course of the next week you read up on the Charter (especially the part about arguing with a Mod in-thread) and when you return after the week's ban you've just received you behave accordingly.

And back on-topic we go...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

Climate expert, what you are saying is valid but if only you could have put it a little more sensitively. The OP has less work to do than me and a small change maybe all she wants.

G'em, I do feel and look better. I'm not interested in quick fixes so I wasn't beating myself up over not losing more before my holiday. Strangely sometimes I crave sweet things even though I never usually eat sweets or chocolate. Bread is my normal vice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement