Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does everyone in ireland like donegal accents?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭deleriumtremens

Aidric wrote: »
    The Donegal accent is gash, almost as bad as the Dundalk one. Cue Stan Staunton for the defence.

The Dundalk accent is class, I shall have you know! Its very distictive and the women love it....dont yous!!? :pac:
    But to be honest, the northern accent in a woman is dead sexy!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Is there nobody here from Donegal?

o/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

fullstop wrote: »
    o/

a/s/l?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Sweet jesus no - it resonates in my skull...I think I'm going to have an anuerism imagining it...

a/s/l?

24/yes please/dl!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Is there nobody here from Donegal?
    Hai.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

The Ballybofey accent is the bestest :cool:

Was up Ballybofey yesterday, jacksons hotel, Met a fantastic donegal girl in the lift!

Love the accent!

Was up Ballybofey yesterday, jacksons hotel, Met a fantastic donegal girl in the lift!

Love the accent!

Hahaha, Jacksons...what a kip!
    Some funny memories from there, but even funnier ones from the dingy pub across the street...can't remember the name of it now...

Hahaha, Jacksons...what a kip!
    Some funny memories from there, but even funnier ones from the dingy pub across the street...can't remember the name of it now...

McKelvey's? Jackson's isn't that bad. They built a new part onto the hotel for something like €12m 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,055 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

As with all Northern accents, I hate it. I go up there a lot as someone close to me had to move to Donegal a while back, and it's the only thing that I dislike about the place, the local accent. Whiney is the best description. If I had to listen to it every day I'd go mad.
    If Nadine Coyle's accent is typical of Derry, then that tops the lot, it is shockingly awful to listen to her speaking. It's baaad.

I am from Derry and I cant stand to hear Nadine on the tv turn over them Nintendo adverts she does *shivers just thinking about them*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

McKelvey's? Jackson's isn't that bad. They built a new part onto the hotel for something like €12m 2 years ago.

The Donegal accent is the best ever! A taxi driver told me I had a 'hint' of one the other day, I was extremely offended.

I thought it was bad for how high their rates got sometimes.

Had a very brushed over feel about, like last nights puke staines and cigarette burns in the carpet.

shellyboo wrote: »

The Donegal accent is the best ever! A taxi driver told me I had a 'hint' of one the other day, I was extremely offended.

Why were you offended? You just said it's the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Why were you offended? You just said it's the best.

Because fcuk him and his 'hint of an accent', I have a proper Donegal accent.

You're probably just upper class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Oswald Osbourne

I have to throw up everytime I hear a donegal accent. Inconvenient but it does wonders for my figure.

I thought it was bad for how high their rates got sometimes.

Had a very brushed over feel about, like last nights puke staines and cigarette burns in the carpet.
    Fair enough i've never stayed there, would be pretty pointlss for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

The Donegal accent is clearly the superior accent to every other Irish accent. People from Dublin saying it sounds horrible should record themselves and play it back in an infinite loop until their head explodes. :pac:

Fair enough i've never stayed there, would be pretty pointlss for me!

Yeah, and I was there for a 'prom' (that's a Debs to everyone else) sp if I was complaining about cigarette burns and stains, then the place can't have been up to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

R0ot wrote: »
    The Donegal accent is clearly the superior accent to every other Irish accent. People from Dublin saying it sounds horrible should record themselves and play it back in an infinite loop until their head explodes. :pac:
    You poor bastard.

Stuck in that kip of a town where half the people have makey uppey Dublin accents, half have weird Kildare accents and the other half are still living in the 70's.

Three halves?
    It's a very strange town.

Friend's girlfriend is from Donegal. Nice accent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

A Donegal accent sounds like an old AM radio being tuned! Derry accents are the way to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭somethingwitty

OMG Dublin accents... euurrgghhh... sickening. The Donegal accents is bad but definatly nowhere near as bad!!!
    Who said that the Louth accent was hard to understand??!! drogheda accent is probably the worst in the country.
    meath is the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

OMG Dublin accents... euurrgghhh... sickening. The Donegal accents is bad but definatly nowhere near as bad!!!
    Who said that the Louth accent was hard to understand??!! drogheda accent is probably the worst in the country.
    meath is the best!
    Meath? Seriously?

Navan people sound like complete knackers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭sprinklesspanky

ancientdog wrote: »
    Is it true that everyone loves donegal accents. What is it about them that people like?

No, worse accent ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭stingray75

meath is the best!

:D "the accent in the place that i'm from is the best"

is that because it's the only place on earth that you can be understood?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭abi2007

I cant stand the donegal accent.. sounds do deary and depressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

R0ot wrote: »

hear hear!!!!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

recently moved from donegal to dublin and everyone in my school loves my accent :D
    but yea different parts of donegal have veryy different accents, like anywhere..
    inishowen areas are the best ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I Hate the Donegal accent. Northern accents in general actually :o

I do like chocolate milkshakes though. That is, the first half of them. After that, the second half is far too sickly.

Advertisement