Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nocturnal Nerds

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

When you were 12? Jeez just being able to do that qualifies you I would think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

I'm in! :D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

/borat high-five

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Nevah!

*nods sagely*

Thank goodness. ;)

S'pose gaming counts as nerdy?

Given that my WoW days are over, I suppose it's just Football Manager, Pes and Medieval 2: TW for me. That nerdy enough?

A love of history/classics is pretty bad too.

Nowt wrong with that, since I stopped no-lifing it on WoW I've actually played very little but it's been mostly Nintendo stuff.

Yes classics is nerdy - but interesting! Ancient history is kinda awesome to read about.

• Advertisement

Getting kicked from the guild you helped your ex develop is a great incentive for quitting. ;)

Really hoping I can take more Medieval History and Classical Modules for next year. Makes Commerce more bearable. :pac:

I really do need to find a new game to play though. ^^

Well Warhammer Online is out in about 4 weeks...

I've already failed one year of college, and this time it's my final year. :pac:

I dunno, the whole betrayal lark of the end of my WoW career has kinda soured me on MMO's for a while. I know not everyone's a jerk, but when the people you play with and trust the most change to such huge degrees... It's just scary to be honest.

Anyways, hopefully something slightly less addictive might pop up. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Well Warhammer Online is out in about 4 weeks...
    Well the pre-order preview weekend is this weekend, i'd say some games have taken a hit in population alright.

Wont be on it myself, had enough of MMO's now i need to continue making a life for myself haha.

Oh i played like 1-2 days of WoW total and gave up on it, total bullplop game.

I've already failed one year of college, and this time it's my final year. :pac:
    Pretty much the same reason why I'm not going near it! Going into 4th year and don't want to **** it up.

• Advertisement

Pretty much the same reason why I'm not going near it! Going into 4th year and don't want to **** it up.

Not sure I'd even bother with another MMO after WoW. Drama always sours you towards these kinda things. ^^

I see your point there! I don't think I'll play another MMO either, the thought of going back to nolifing it the way I did on WoW is a little scary, and I don't think I'm the kind of person who can play an MMO casually. Probably as close as I'll get will be Diablo 3 (which I can't wait for!).

I see your point there! I don't think I'll play another MMO either, the thought of going back to nolifing it the way I did on WoW is a little scary, and I don't think I'm the kind of person who can play an MMO casually. Probably as close as I'll get will be Diablo 3 (which I can't wait for!).

Still see my ex no-lifing it... It's genuinely scary. Couldn't do that again.

The worst part is that you don't really recognise how bad it is until you're out of it, while you're playing you see the insane playing hours as normal.

The worst part is that you don't really recognise how bad it is until you're out of it, while you're playing you see the insane playing hours as normal.

Yeah... It's so much worse seeing someone else you know keeping it up...

At least with other games there's some degree of control over it. It's too easy to log on to WoW, chat, then end up playing for 5 hours. So in that regard I'm glad I'm out of it. Had a cool guild which I helped build up, and that's another problem, you enjoy 'hanging out' with them too much to quit properly. I know I'd never have quit if I was still with my ex, so there's some silver lining there. ;)

And that's the nice thing about being back playing stuff on my Wii - your arms get tired from waving the bloody controller around for too long, so you can't really spend WoW-length sessions playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Flojo wrote: »
    Lol god love ya!!

Duuude/tte theres movie material here, we could make millions!! :eek:
    I didnt get the file primer joke :(

/goes to the corner

There was nothing to get....Twas supposed to be 'film'.

Me and my cumbersome digits!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Hmmmm.... cucumber! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Hmmmm.... cucumber! :cool:

Ok, my digits are defiantly smaller then cucumbers....

Ok, my digits are defiantly smaller then cucumbers....

Lolly <3 cucumber... and tomatoes... and lettuce! :D

• Advertisement

Lolly <3 cucumber... and tomatoes... and lettuce! :D
    Tomatoes 'n lettuce are nice, cucumber not so much :(

And Rainbow Kirby and joe, i can fully appreciate those statements about seeing how much time you wasted while playing mmo's...think i lost around 4 years total which destroyed me, i'm still clawing my way back yay \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Tomatoes 'n lettuce are nice, cucumber not so much :(

And Rainbow Kirby and joe, i can fully appreciate those statements about seeing how much time you wasted while playing mmo's...think i lost around 4 years total which destroyed me, i'm still clawing my way back yay \o/

Time is well spent... MMO's.... well at the time it was well sent...

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭animan

Lolly <3 cucumber

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha.

animan wrote: »
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha.

Stop that.

Stop that.
    Such a duuurty minded youngling aint he? ahh the mind of a youth is nothing but filth these days :p

Such a duuurty minded youngling aint he? ahh the mind of a youth is nothing but filth these days :p

Yes, he's like the spawn of Randy. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭animan

Stop that.

I'm sorry but I cant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,059 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I'm hardly a nerd. I don't even know how to switch Num Lock on/off.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm hardly a nerd. I don't even know how to switch Num Lock on/off.
    Press the numlock key.

• Advertisement

Erm... what's a NUM lock? :confused:

Advertisement