Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap car Insurance

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭blobert

Zurich don't do imports, AA took all my details then never called back with a quote:(

Off on holidays for 2 weeks in the morning so will have to stick with Quinn.

Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

blobert wrote: »
    Zurich don't do imports, AA took all my details then never called back with a quote:(

Off on holidays for 2 weeks in the morning so will have to stick with Quinn.

Thanks for the help.

Try www.chill.ie used to be with AA until this year,

changed car and their quote couldn't match above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 TantraKat

I was quoted the following:
    Current insurer (Allianz) - €499
    Quinn - €427
    QuoteLine.ie - €471
    its4women.ie - €314 (felt a bit uneasy with them so didn't go with it)
    and finally, success, chill.ie - €360.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭kimberworth

Car insurance up for renewal. Currently with Allianz they asking for 455 euro (up 35% on last year!!!), I queried it and they dropped to 410, tried internet: Quinn 351 euro, 25plus.ie 299 euro.

Haven't heard of 25plus.ie so I'm bit cautious of buying on line - Is anyone out there insured with them? If so what are they like?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Chill.ie (Conor)

Thanks Dave. I appreciate your comment. Chill.ie are now live on Boards.ie and welcome all feedback, even positive feedback!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,878 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Chill.ie are now live on Boards.ie and welcome all feedback, even positive feedback!
    Is it mostly negative feedback you're getting? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Thanks Dave. I appreciate your comment. Chill.ie are now live on Boards.ie and welcome all feedback, even positive feedback!

You might like to answer us why your site is in direct violation of the Data Commissioners instruction on intrusive and unnecessary questions in particular martial status and employment details?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭mad dave

been looking for good prices this week myself. current insurrer wants 437 for new policy due in feb. got a price off 123.ie for 347(fully comp). tried axa,quinn,aa,one direct,25plus.ie,aviva and chill.ie.
    anyone got any other ideas to keep cost down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

jhud wrote: »
    Payless 1890 201 215

Under Munster Group on Bindon Street Ennis County Clare.
    Thanks, nice one! I had just about given up after calling about 20 companies and brokers - the next best offer was €738 (FC) for a 27 y/o male with 1 years no claims and a full license for 5 months, driving a 2000 Micra 1.0L which wasn't too bad I thought... called Payless and was offered €565 immediately, with the usual mod cons (oops, forgot to ask about the excess, must check it).

It's a bit of a dice roll every time - last year I went with insure.ie (underwritten with Asgard) for ~€975 on a newbie with learner permit, but their quote this year wasn't great. Quinn Direct refused FC cover on a car as old and cheap as mine (how about my previous 1995 Fiesta? ;)).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

I use AIG through munster group. Two years no claims bonus, 1.4 engine, E 350.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Been with Britton Insurance Brokers for 3 years now, every renewal (which by the way is now) I shop around for quotes but always find Britton offering the best price - at least once I remove the Legal Assistance cover charge (€40).

This year the next cheapest I could get was €20 higher with AA.

Will be renewing with Britton again and, I would recomend giving them a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

We got a quote of €370 or so on a 10 yr old fiesta, got it down as far as €330 and went with tesco for €250!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

I just got fully comprehensive with Allianz for 879 with windscreen cover and road side assistance, only 1 year no claims bonus, 22 years old, ford fiesta 2002

Advertisement