Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap car Insurance

Options
  • 19-08-2008 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Payless 1890 201 215

Under Munster Group on Bindon Street Ennis County Clare.

They have a discount on at the moment where they quote you and if you can beat that qoute they will give you €100 discount on there quote.

I am 28 driving 8 years have 1.4 golf licence for 7 years and they quoted me €370 got a better quote and i need to get the better quote in writing and they gave me car insurance for €270 fully comp.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Its a good deal. If you want to look for a cheaper quote I recommend www.quoteme.ie. If its cheaper you can then get the €100 off Payless' quote.

FYI I work for this company, but my whole family were customers before I worked here and found them to be excellent value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

kc66 wrote: »
    Its a good deal. If you want to look for a cheaper quote I recommend www.quoteme.ie. If its cheaper you can then get the €100 off Payless' quote.

FYI I work for this company, but my whole family were customers before I worked here and found them to be excellent value.

which do you work for ? quoteme or payless ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

quoteme.com = €1,346.29
    Quinn-direct = €550

:eek:

sunny2004 wrote: »
    which do you work for ? quoteme or payless ?

quoteme

Cionad- Thats a big difference alright. I dont work directly on the insurance side but I know that myself, the mrs, and my parents got a better quote for car and home insurance from quoteme than any other companies. I was with FBD and quoteme halved the renewal. I think QD are cheap for young drivers with low NCB. Its often worth calling after getting an online quote to get it cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

quote me - €800
    quinn direct (my current insurers) - €280

bit of a difference there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,938 ✭✭✭✭muffler

My insurance is due for renewal in 12 days and I ran the details through quoteme and the cheapest they could offer was €464.79 compared to a quote of €302.74 from Brittons in Donegal Town.

Nothing cheap about it.

You are all proving me wrong :o. Im just telling it the way I experienced it and was being honest about working there in case anyone accused me of shilling. It was more to try and avail of the first offer. My insurance is up in a month and I will be trying these other places too.
    My initial purchase from quoteme was over the phone so not sure how much difference that makes.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

You are all proving me wrong :o. Im just telling it the way I experienced it and was being honest about working there in case anyone accused me of shilling. It was more to try and avail of the first offer. My insurance is up in a month and I will be trying these other places too.
    My initial purchase from quoteme was over the phone so not sure how much difference that makes.

Wow... wont it look a little wierd when your giving your details to another motor insurance crowd and you give your job title as working for another motor insurance crowd.. lol.

One place to steer clear of is 25plus.ie. Got a quote off them on friday for a car i'm picking up today. The quote was for 280euro. when i rang back today to get it put on the car they told me that the quote was now 750euro. I had taken all the details down including the name of the girl i was dealing with and she came on the phone and told me point blank that she never gave me that quote. A very dishonest company it seems.

Mods if this is too off topic feel free to edit it or let me know and i'll edit it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

quoteme just gave me quotes between €200 and €400 higher than renewal from AA

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Awesome. Somewhere near 6k for a 00 punto 1.2 (Learner permit) fully comp.

It's 2.5k with quinn.

• Advertisement

I agree some of those quotes sound a bit outrageous. Nothing to do with what I work at so I dont care. I wonder if the people that got those high quotes tried our other website www.quoteline.ie are they still as high?

I agree some of those quotes sound a bit outrageous. Nothing to do with what I work at so I dont care. I wonder if the people that got those high quotes tried our other website www.quoteline.ie are they still as high?
    Cheapest there was €364.61 and doesnt include full NCD protection

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

kendragon wrote: »
    One place to steer clear of is 25plus.ie. Got a quote off them on friday for a car i'm picking up today. The quote was for 280euro. when i rang back today to get it put on the car they told me that the quote was now 750euro. I had taken all the details down including the name of the girl i was dealing with and she came on the phone and told me point blank that she never gave me that quote. A very dishonest company it seems.

Mods if this is too off topic feel free to edit it or let me know and i'll edit it out.

The same thing happened to me years ago with QuoteLine. They gave me the best quote but when I phoned back to take the insurance they denied giving me that price at all. I think they know when you phone back that they've given you the best quote, so decide to hike up the price. Very sharp practice indeed. I didn't use or phone Quoteline again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Just ring round some brokers in your area.

I'm 27, have 1 years NCB and a full licence and quinn quoted me 550 for TPFT on a 1.3 hyundai accent.

Went to Eaglestar locally and they got me full comprehensive cover, with contents insurance and breakdown cover for....380 euro.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

quoteline is expensive for me too, over 200 euro more expensive then what I pay with AA.

AA are pretty cheap but their insurance does not include breakdown assistance,which with AA is expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Oh dear! :eek:

Am with AA and policy is up soon. renewal = €506.64 ( though they do say to ring them for a cheaper quote)

Quote me
    Royal & Sun Alliance - Select €717.08
    Royal & Sun Alliance - Car €748.06
    Allianz Ireland p.l.c.- Private Motor €758.77
    Hibernian Broker Motorchoice €1,136.52

Form is a pain to fill out too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭DaveBH

I found the best and cheapest deal on www.chill.ie

They check a list of insurers for you - definitely worth a shot....

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭maxim

Had the same problem a few weeks ago. FBD quoted over €540 for our renewal, looked around, made a few phone calls and searches and got fully comp. NCB prot. for less than €250 at www.insure.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

I've used the Muster Insurance Group offer the OP mentions - €100 off cheapest I could find (www.insure.ie) - great deal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭gilbert

I am 26 years old,2 yrs NCB, 1.4 COROLLA,Full irish
    from quoteme.ie

Royal & Sun Alliance - Select €941.04 Policy Notes
    Royal & Sun Alliance - Car €985.99 Policy Notes
    Allianz Ireland p.l.c.- Private Motor €1,046.84 Policy Notes
    Hibernian Broker Motorchoice €1,125.43 Policy Notes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Allow me to join the lone voice for quoteme/quoteline. They saved me 400 or so quid at time of my last insurance renewal. Had to change a windscreen a week after the policy kicked off to & there was no bother at all. Very happy with em so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭eddiehobbs

Awesome. Somewhere near 6k for a 00 punto 1.2 (Learner permit) fully comp.

It's 2.5k with quinn.

I paid €1200 with munster group on a 1.2 fiesta, fully comp as a learner driver. Found them to be the best around. Quinn was quoting around €2200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 TheResearch

Insure.ie easily the best for me as well, was delighted with the quote they gave me.

For third party, fire and theft on a 1.2 punto with learner permit, no NCB:

Hibernian Broker Motorchoice @ quoteme €2140
    Quinn €1250
    insure.ie €890

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭gilbert

DaveBH wrote: »
    I found the best and cheapest deal on www.chill.ie

They check a list of insurers for you - definitely worth a shot....

very good deal with this website. i found one of quotation is much cheaper than AA.
    and on more question about it,has anyone done the business with them before? any experiences can be shared with us?

Wrightway Standard €636.18 Policy Details... Buy Now
    XS Direct €813.55 Policy Details... Buy Now
    Allianz €970.23 Policy Details... Buy Now
    Hibernian Broker Motorchoice €1,114.87 Policy Details... Buy Now
    AXA MotorFirst Basic €1,489.67 Policy Details... Buy Now
    AXA MotorFirst Standard €1,503.29 Policy Details... Buy Now
    AXA MotorFirst Plus €1,554.29 Policy Details... Buy Now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Found this thread very helpful the other day when I was checking aaround for insurance for my dad.

I knew most of the brokers named already, but chill waas a new one on me. In this instance they were the cheapest ( quote was over €100 less, with eagle star) He was already with eagle star, & didnt fancy the hassle of changing. So I rang eagle star & got them to quote almost as low a price. Hes paying €15 more than the chill.ie quote, but is still saving over €100 off his initial quote & doesnt have to move so hes delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

skywalker wrote: »
    Found this thread very helpful the other day when I was checking aaround for insurance for my dad.

I knew most of the brokers named already, but chill waas a new one on me. In this instance they were the cheapest ( quote was over €100 less, with eagle star) He was already with eagle star, & didnt fancy the hassle of changing. So I rang eagle star & got them to quote almost as low a price. Hes paying €15 more than the chill.ie quote, but is still saving over €100 off his initial quote & doesnt have to move so hes delighted.

Ditto - hadn't heard of chill, just tried them out and they're coming out about 100 euro cheaper than any other quotes I tried, and that's including a 0 voluntary excess, and step back NCB. (Some of the quotes further down the line are also 300 euro than my existing quote to be fair). The two cheapest for me are Eagle Ladystar and Wrightway - has anyone heard for Wrightway before? Anyone had any dealings with them?

<SNIP>
    Do they pay you extra for this to drag up a 5 week old post just to provide a a link to their web site?

Just to put a dampener on this. I was insured with FBD for 12 years. Renewal premium at end of August was €651. Got the identical cover through Brittons in Donegal Town for €302.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 joe_indublin

I was merely pointing out that FBD were good value for me. I have no intention of promoting any company here. I am new new on these boards today which may explain why my post was from today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 joe_indublin

I had been insured with Axa for almost 10 years and paid just over €400 last year for comp cover on a 2 year old Mondeo. They quoted me the same €400 this year on renewal and offered a discount of €20. When I shopped around, I only ended up paying €320 for the better cover with FBD. As I said it all depends on each indiviuals circumstances, age, sex, location, driver history,.....but it pays to shop around every year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

chill.ie cannot recognise my car merc 190 1.8 auto

Advertisement