Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap car Insurance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Fantastic thread. Best quote i got for a Golf TDI was €1,100 now from www.chill.ie its €570 . Its going to save quite a few bob, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Awesome. Somewhere near 6k for a 00 punto 1.2 (Learner permit) fully comp.

It's 2.5k with quinn.

Under your own name?
    Are you 17 or something?
    Has the car been modified?

That's an outrageous quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Awesome. Somewhere near 6k for a 00 punto 1.2 (Learner permit) fully comp.

It's 2.5k with quinn.

get insured under momy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 joe_indublin

This is useful: Costs comparisons on the Financial regulator web site.

http://www.itsyourmoney.ie/costcomparisons.jsp

Click motor insurance and then 'search'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 elle21

Ive been insured through quoteme.ie for the last 3years and found them to be fine, i had no probs with them.... Up untill 4weeks ago that is...

They have to be the most un organised bunch of gangsters i have ever come across... Each time you get on the phone to them you are have to talk to a different person who in turn tells you something completly different to the last.
    They are trying to screw me left right and centre when i have done nothing wrong...
    In particular there is <SNIP> who has to be the worst... She really is trying to drive me around the bloody bend :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

elle21 wrote: »
    Ive been insured through quoteme.ie for the last 3years and found them to be fine, i had no probs with them.... Up untill 4weeks ago that is...

They have to be the most un organised bunch of gangsters i have ever come across... Each time you get on the phone to them you are have to talk to a different person who in turn tells you something completly different to the last.
    They are trying to screw me left right and centre when i have done nothing wrong...
    In particular there is <SNIP> who has to be the worst... She really is trying to drive me around the bloody bend :mad:

No names.

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 elle21

Appologies.... But i am Furious with them!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

My experience of quotes:

33 male full ncb 2 points citroen xsara 2.0 diesel 2001 average 20k a year

All quotes for fully comp with wifey on policy
    Renewal quote: 380 with britton insurances when i got a quote off website 323 euro

123.ie 375

insure.ie 385

Chill.ie 280 :D

quoteme.ie 708 (WTF)

Will up date as i get more quotes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

I went through chill.ie after reading about it here a few weeks back and they came in with 200 less than the quote from my other broker. I found this to be the cheapest of all the websites I tried, but I hadn't tried a few listed in this thread like quoteme or quoteline. I am happy with my quote though, near enough halved my insurance cost. I will try them for my house insurance when its due in December :)

Only thing I found though was that it was hard to get hold of them. I left my contact detailis 3 times and sent one email and never heard back from them. This was while they were sending me emails telling me of their great offers and to ring now etc. I gave them one more shot and luckily got through. Car insurance for €260 is worth a little bit of hassle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

racso1975 wrote: »
    Will up date as i get more quotes
    The prices mean nothing without details of the excess and bonus protection etc.., of each policy.

Insurance is not all same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,309 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

kc66 wrote: »
    Its a good deal. If you want to look for a cheaper quote I recommend www.quoteme.ie. If its cheaper you can then get the €100 off Payless' quote.

FYI I work for this company, but my whole family were customers before I worked here and found them to be excellent value.

You are way off the mark mate. Im getting quotes of between 350-500 from other websites are yours is coming out at 860 !

Have a word with your boss !

Chill.ie = Disaster!

EDIT; I totally wouldn't go near chill but hey that's me, and people seem to not care what they are getting from their insurance anyway so if you're going to Chill, i just noticed on the back of my Superquinn receipt an add for chill saying €100 off your insurance for all Superquinn customers, now there are t's&c's but my receipt ends before them! It just says quote "superquinn" when applying.
    My Advice - get quote first and then ring back up with the superquinn bit....

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭fred432

i had bit of a bang 3 years back so my quotes were up. 795 with a full 2 years no claims. Eventually got a quote from broker from a company called prestige for 460 euro full comp

I decided to get a quote from chill.ie there seeing as everyone else is getting apparently great deals

Female
    Full License
    2 Litre Auto Volvo S60
    4 Years no claims + named exp

Eagle Star - €360
    Chill - €680

no use to me anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

just got my proposal form in from Chill, there are more errors on it than I have had cups of coffee this last week :mad: Some of the questions she didn't even ask me, cos I know I would have told her its a seven seater car, not a 5 seater.............I mean really :confused: They got the mileage wrong also, and all they had to do was copy it from my online application!! I will have several alterations to send back. It will be interesting to see if this changes the quote I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭heffo9

FBD quoted me €640 in September after being with them for 2 years, my policy cost me €430 last year and €500 year before.
    Anyway after digging and ringing around for a better quote, my wife found this crowd in Donegal, very competitive and resellers for Zurich, ended up costing me €299 for exact same policy.
    http://www.brittoninsurance.com/about.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

My insurance renewal is coming soon, last year i was quoted 1600 with quinn direct, now a year later and accident and penalty point free they want 1900 for the same policy? wtf is that all about like? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,888 ✭✭✭✭muffler

heffo9 wrote: »
    FBD quoted me €640 in September after being with them for 2 years, my policy cost me €430 last year and €500 year before.
    Anyway after digging and ringing around for a better quote, my wife found this crowd in Donegal, very competitive and resellers for Zurich, ended up costing me €299 for exact same policy.
    http://www.brittoninsurance.com/about.html
    Practically identical to my situation a few weeks ago. €640 also with FBD and got it for €302 with Brittons. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

rarnes1 wrote: »
    You are way off the mark mate. Im getting quotes of between 350-500 from other websites are yours is coming out at 860 !

Have a word with your boss !

There are changes being made to the website at the moment. The other website www.quoteline.ie should be better. If anyone rings up Im sure the quote would be cheaper.
    I accept many of the quotes recently on quoteme are too expensive recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭crazzzzy

Heard alot of ppl changin 4rm fbd coz their insurance much dearer dis yr. i woz wid fbd but my insurance was 100 more than lst yr (no accident/penalty pts). Axa gave me good quote & had deal wid local credit union....if u pay by credit union chq there was €50 off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I got a renewal quote from quinn recently. I expected it to be €1000 or thereabouts.

It is €600.

3rd party
    1.6 car
    26yrs old
    1yr NCB
    Full license

I've checked one or two websites and they quoted me much higher - I usually research things to bejaysus before throwing my cash at anything, but in this case I'm tempted to just give quinn my business as I don't think all the searching in the world will find me anything cheaper. Agreed? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭White_Feather

I go through a crowd called mike murphy insurance brokers. Ive been with them now 4 years. Anyways, I got my quote for 640 fully comp. I rang them and got a new quote for 560
    Fully comp,
    2005 1.5l
    22 year old female
    full license

so worth giving them a bell

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mastodon

i have shopped around and the best quotes for car insurance have been chill.ie i have been with fbd for 8 years and it went up to 800 on a bmw 330d being 36 got it for 550 with chill worth a look !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ECOLOGICAL

Britton insurance look really good even though policy excess and voluntary excess are bit sketchy anyone have any bad experiences with this crew ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,888 ✭✭✭✭muffler

ECOLOGICAL wrote: »
    Britton insurance look really good even though policy excess and voluntary excess are bit sketchy anyone have any bad experiences with this crew ?
    Changed last year after 7 years with FBD and went to Brittons where they got me sorted out for €304 comp for a 2l. jeep. FBD wanted €560 at renewal stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Britton insurance
    Just got a quick quote there

270 Full comp
    300 excess
    bonus protection=yes.

Not bad :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ECOLOGICAL

thanks for replies folks nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

I go through a crowd called mike murphy insurance brokers. Ive been with them now 4 years. Anyways, I got my quote for 640 fully comp. I rang them and got a new quote for 560
    Fully comp,
    2005 1.5l
    22 year old female
    full license

so worth giving them a bell

Definitely worth a shout, they are part of insure.ie aswell. Saving 120 yoyos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

wow! just did a quick quote on chill.ie

Lexus IS250 2006 2500cc
    24yold male.
    €1,100

I might go with these fellas!

Edit: On further investigation, It would be €1500. The quick quote assumes you have 5 years of named driving... Balls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭veryangryman

crazzzzy wrote: »
    Heard alot of ppl changin 4rm fbd coz their insurance much dearer dis yr. i woz wid fbd but my insurance was 100 more than lst yr (no accident/penalty pts). Axa gave me good quote & had deal wid local credit union....if u pay by credit union chq there was €50 off.

I should have expected no less from someone with a mis-spelled username. :rolleyes:

Please tell me your new to boards...

Advertisement