Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tactical vests?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

another option is the wonderful vest guy over at http://thevestguy.com/
    check out some of his p90 and stargate products http://thevestguy.com/category.asp?id=169 but international ordering is not for everyone but it is another option

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Killinator

I got loads of stuff of that seller(bidchart) as have a few others i know and they had nothing but good things to say of him,
    all the stuff i got was of high quality, that said i was surprised by the low prices

Killinator wrote: »
    I got loads of stuff of that seller(bidchart) as have a few others i know and they had nothing but good things to say of him,
    all the stuff i got was of high quality, that said i was surprised by the low prices
    cool, thanks for the reply.

do you (or anyone else) reckon those mag pouches would take a g36c mag?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Killinator

cool, thanks for the reply.

Becasue its USMC I would say its designed for Stanag mags(M16/M4 style), I have found pouches like that barely squeeze in a G36 mag,
    I could be wrong though

• Advertisement

the from pouches appear to be double m4/m16 pouches so they should fit 1 g36 mag depending on cut i might be a bit tight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

http://www.vestbuilder.com/

its where i get my stuff

nice application, opsgear are a nice retailor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭eagleye7

hey thanks for all the replies hopefully this might help some people out if they are confused about vests i know it helped me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

I've just used Tactical Gear Depot. Ordered two vests (RAV and belt type vest) and a couple of speed loaders.

Very quickly I got an email from them to tell me that they had discovered a problem with the belt vest during packing. They offered me a replacment which would get in a few days from the factory, or an exchange for another type or offered a refund if I wanted it.

Fair play - they could have just send the faulty vest and I'd probably never have known... but I opted for an exchange for a backpack which cost an extra $5 and they covered the additional cost.

Their communications are fantastic - really good English (definitely not part of ebaybanned) and in good time.

They have kept me updated with regard to the processing and shipping (tracking numbers ) and are very easy to deal with. I'm currently following it's movements across the world to me.:)

I'll write a full review once it arrives, but so far; they have been absolutely top-class.

Only criticism is the website speed is very slow at present - but they are currently upgrading it to make it faster. Much faster.

Prices are comparable to ebaybanned and FREE airmail shipping included in the item price. Indeed, they look very similar to ebaybanned but are not related in any way.
    As many of you probably know - I've used ebaybanned on many occasions but lately find they are VERY poor and their communications are crap! It's the lack of updates/info that does my head-in, and what has really put me off is them sending incomplete orders, the recent "no retail Bullsh1t", not informing of the status - almost hoping we forget (it seems), etc...
    No more for me.

If this order goes well (which it appears to be), I will be buying alot more from them in the very near future. Now that even Vtec and Cheeky Monkey are wearing multicam I need more new loadouts to keep ahead in the fashion stakes...:D

http://www.tacticalgeardepot.com

I'll post a full review when they arrive.
    Aidan.

• Advertisement

Only criticism is the website speed is very slow at present
    you werent joking, its like a dial-up emulator.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

great to hear it aidan, sounds like a worth while crowd once they get that site sorted., :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

vtec wrote: »
    great to hear it aidan, sounds like a worth while crowd once they get that site sorted., :)

Very much so Richie. Yup, at the moment the site is literally like it's dial-up ok, but it's being server scoochied turbofied thinggie - errr, made 100 times faster;):D:D. Sometimes it runs ok but but mostly sloooooow. 1 to 2 weeks will get it sorted they have told me.

Nice to have an alternative, inexpensive good-quality supplier. (however, my bank manager doesnt agree!):eek:

Hey thanks for the advice on tactical gear depot. Tis nice to see some more options for buyin gear and stuff. Have any of the mods thought of puttin up a list of retailers in the newbs section I know they have a Retailers list i think a list of gear suppliers could be usefull not excactly for newbs but after youv got your first gun gear would be next on the list probably.

there's an international one in here, i think the text was lifted from another forum.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055163577

i can understand how boards rules would prevent advertising all the stores but i also agree with eagleye7. as a newcomer it's taken me quite a while to locate everything i want to get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Jamseylad

Got a viper South African Tac vest today...Does the trick, no complaints

Jamseylad wrote: »
    Got a viper South African Tac vest today...Does the trick, no complaints
    Any idea does it come in black or just that jungley camo?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

SAAV's come in just about every colour and camo pattern. Black would be fairly standard.

Cool i had never seen other colours in pics. any idea does Eirsoft stock black ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Jamseylad

eagleye7 wrote: »
    Cool i had never seen other colours in pics. any idea does Eirsoft stock black ones?
    Yeah they do thats where i got mine @€;45

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

I got a chest rig off http://www.warrior-webbing.com/
    It's not cheap but is operational quality. It can hold 6 G36 mags or 9 M4 mags. It's European made.

A friend of mine got the SAAV and detests it. For short skirmishes i'd say a drop leg pouch which can hold 2 mags should be enough for most situations.

ordered this.
    and ordered pouches off flecktarn.

ordered this.

ive seen that in the flesh, its a piece of cr*p to be honest.,

i got that bandolier from a few pages back. it came in the other day and i used it on wednesday, Id highly reccomend them to anyone who would like to be able to carry 10ish mags but still remain freely manoverable., its very easy to run in and doesnt restrict the waste like most vests do., :)

ive seen that in the flesh, its a piece of cr*p to be honest
    it's cheap and has pockets, all i need.

but it tears easily and the fibres can fray really easily.,

a cheap tool is an expencive tool, as they say.,

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

http://www.shop.justpaintball.co.uk/acatalog/Tactical_Vests.html

dunno if you guys know about this crowd?

good guys and free shipping.

anyway a lot of the paintball crowds make their tac vests completely modular so
    you can customise it to suit your needs completely!

you'll find more threads and info about the vests in the OTHER GEAR section of www.paintballer.ie

ordered this.
    follow up: vest is very nice, not really sure what vtec was talking about. but time will tell i suppose.
    also, the pouches fit a g36 mag exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

I have the Webtex Crossdraw vest myself..

http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=172

Quite a nice vest.. Has 3 M4 sized mag pouches, one pistol mag pouch that wont suit all mags... Same with the pistol holster... Has two internal pockets that I suppose could be used for mags but they do dig into you a bit if you do.. nice leather sniper shoulder and 3 utility pockets.... fairly adjustable size and isn't too heavy or cumbersome... I like it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

I was looking at something like these

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=120303575052

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=120300101174

Can anyone reccomend a particular one? Kinda straying towards the last one because my primary weapon will hopefully be a mp7 but also like the 2nd last one too, but the postage is a bit steep.

Edit; Ohh only €10ish in the difference

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

ive seen that in the flesh, its a piece of cr*p to be honest.,

i got that bandolier from a few pages back. it came in the other day and i used it on wednesday, Id highly reccomend them to anyone who would like to be able to carry 10ish mags but still remain freely manoverable., its very easy to run in and doesnt restrict the waste like most vests do., :)

I ordered that bandoleer and some fastmags as well.

Watch this compelling fastmag demo ROFL

Advertisement