Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Friendly - Wednesday, August 20th V HBFC. Venue : Wesley (TBC) ; Time - 7.15 (TBC)

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Lads, it is possible to have the game next week on Wednesday??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

Tis the same with all the astro refs, they don't really let too many hard tackles go without blowing up.

But seriously people need to learn how to throw in the ball!

Holds hands up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

thelepo wrote: »
    Holds hands up.

You've been holding your hands up for two years at this stage.

Get it sorted for jaysis sake.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The ref was grand. He was consistent in his decisions so you can't ask for more than that. Ridiculous the amount of foul throws last night though. Good jebus!!!

Maybe it was my standpoint, but I thought he was ridiculously inconsistent for both sides. There were corners they should've had and clear frees we should've had that weren't given..yet similar offences a few minutes later were. I still have no idea what he saw as a free out for one of their corners. Glad he gave it, but no idea why :confused:

I thought we weren't as bad defensively as reading through the forum on fitness made out. We were fairly comfortable at 3-2 and 4-3 and outside of a couple of long range shots - one saved and the one that hit the bar - we defended well and were under no real pressure.

The shape of the side would be my worry from the game than fitness [except obviously my own performance]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Can't believe there's discussion about bleeding foul throws?!

I have a theory...you can either throw in a football or you can't...it doesn't take practice for feck sake! I never practiced them and have never had a problem throwing it in, i'd say that's the same for anyone who can throw the ball properly.

So lets leave the throw ins to people that don't foul throw...simplest solution I can think of.

Oh, and blame Des for the ridiculous amount of foul throws given:p...I believe he asked the ref to call up players on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

I don't think we had any foul throws, they were just ****. The other team had plenty, but I can't think of any that we had.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Lads, we defo had plenty of foul throws - just like we did in that cup lashing but the ref that night had a word to me when I was on the sideline when we were 3 down and said if we got back close to them he'd have to start blowing us up.

I know the ref and in chatting to him afterwards he was slagging about it and said after the first 10mins he started only blowing them for one foot off the ground - he was letting them go for not releasing over the head. So, no debate about it - they were far worse, but we did have our fair shares of fouls.

But yeh, our main problem is poor throwing not foul throwing, but the poor throwing is one of our main leaks of possession - we rarely get good possession from them. I agree Eddie - only people that can actually throw a ball should be taking them - means cover will have to be given while they throw it but that's not as bad as simply giving it away cheaply.

If you're not pivoting on your hips, you're not throwing it correctly - some of our players are far to rigid and means you get no pace on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

We all know the throw ins are a major problem. We decided at a training session last year who had good throw ins and who should take them,etc. I know, as a rule, full backs take them but desperate times and all that...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

lads, i think the opposition had a bigger problem with foul throws than us.

speaking of the opposition, i played with them yesterday in the league and we won 4-0 with half a team out. there not a bad side at all, so our performance on wedesday was decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

lads, i think the opposition had a bigger problem with foul throws than us.

That doesn't really matter in the slightest.

ONE foul is too many for the new season.

I don't care what the opposition do or don't do, to be honest.

We need to work on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement