Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Friendly - Wednesday, August 20th V HBFC. Venue : Wesley (TBC) ; Time - 7.15 (TBC)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

fookin hell im an idiot...foget my original post...mistake by me...wednesday is cool...still on astro preferably or we'll use the grass...

apologies..:o:o

ok, so this is going ahead as planned. i say we meet in Wesley as early as possible. say aim to be togged out for 7.15. now, the weather is obviously an issue, so the grass pitch may not eb possible. trying to book astro for 8.00. i will text all to let you know what story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Astro.ie replied to my email (I'm just back online now) saying Wesley astro is available for 8pm Wednesday so I've just emailed them back saying we'll take it for 8 to 9pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Lads,

Hows it going.

I was away at a wedding since last thursday, in Portumna.

The hotel had no wifi, and the internet kiosk was a euro for 10 minutes. Fook that.

Also, I was the best man, so had other things on my mind.

I'll be able to make the match on wednesday, and I'll bring the gear, if Geoff can give me a lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Can somebody send a group text around confirming that its on? Some people mightn't have checked here since we thought it was cancelled

Also i'll probably need a lift from town/luas stop, anybody who can oblige can you let me know?

Gileadi wrote: »
    Can somebody send a group text around confirming that its on? Some people mightn't have checked here since we thought it was cancelled

Also i'll probably need a lift from town/luas stop, anybody who can oblige can you let me know?

text 8 lads there that aint posted/responded. ill sent another few tomorrow.

lads, can one of ye post on the main forum again please to advise that its on.

• Advertisement

looks likes boards injury curse strikes on - geoff out for 6 weeks with broken hand after the last game.

Martin is sick on top of his injury so wont be there.
    Gav is working.

Lads, if you know any new players, get them down cos now is there chance. any can somebody please update the thread on the main forum....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

looks likes boards injury curse strikes on - geoff out for 6 weeks with broken hand after the last game.

Martin is sick on top of his injury so wont be there.
    Gav is working.

Lads, if you know any new players, get them down cos now is there chance. any can somebody please update the thread on the main forum....

Just updated the main forum......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

l'll be there. James will be too if he's not busy, i'll ask him this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

GK:

Carl -
    Daryl - YES

Defenders ;

Martin - NO (injured)
    Ed - YES
    Dan - YES
    Michael - YES
    Geoff -
    Keith -
    Simon -yea
    Cathal -
    Lepo - YES

Midfielders -

Shay -
    Colm -
    Ben -
    Larry - YES
    Gav -
    Owen -
    Robbie (Kiith) - YES
    Kenny -
    Iain (j_o_c) - YES
    Al - NO
    James (Eddies Bro) - 50/50

Forwards ;

Dave -
    Sav - NO
    Jules – YES
    Art - YES
    Eddie(Nunu) -YES

GK:

Carl -
    Daryl - YES

Defenders ;

Martin - NO (injured)
    Ed - YES
    Dan - YES
    Michael - YES
    Geoff - NO (Injured)
    Keith -
    Simon - YES
    Cathal - NO (AWAY)
    Lepo - YES

Midfielders -

Shay -
    Colm -
    Ben -
    Larry - YES
    Gav -NO (Working)
    Owen -
    Robbie (Kiith) - YES
    Kenny -
    Iain (j_o_c) - YES
    Al - NO

Forwards ;

Dave -
    Sav - NO
    Jules – YES
    Art - YES
    Eddie(Nunu) -YES

New Players -

Derek (tadhgbaby) - YES

• Advertisement

No word back from Astro today so I've emailed them again and ask them for a phone number I can call to confirm and give payment. Des/Ed - if you have any numbers for Astro please text them to me or post here and I'll call them.

They got back to me to say the pitch is confirmed and they'll call for payment details tomorrow.

It's €120 for the hour which is steep enough.

They asked do we need a ref, think it would be €30 for the ref. Do we want to go with a ref?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

yes - but its probably not a priority

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I wont know what time I'm off at until tomorrow so I'll let yea know then. I really wish I had a set timetable.

des is not going to this match lads, can anybody pick up the gear off him? ill look after it afterwards, wash it, bring it next week etc.

hmm, a ref wouldn be too bad an idea do we need one tho? ill confirm with the opposition. that would be 75 per team then I suppose. thats alot per head.

lads, dont foret to bring money for it anyway! jules, will u look after this side of things, ill tell HB of the cost anyway.

this is how we are looking so far -

Daryl - YES
    Ed - YES
    Dan - YES
    Michael - YES
    Simon - YES
    Lepo - YES
    Larry - YES
    Robbie (Kiith) - YES
    Iain (j_o_c) - YES
    Jules – YES
    Art - YES
    Eddie(Nunu) -YES
    Derek (tadhgbaby) - YES
    Ciaran (spider) - YES
    helimachopter - YES
    PHB - Yes.

OUT -

Ben - college /work.
    Gav - working.
    Cathal
    Martin - broken hand
    Geoff - broken hand
    Keith - Sick

No Word back from

Dave -
    Kenny -

ill text again and update later.

Cant make this one homerjay but Ill talk to ya about it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Hey, just confirming my interest in playing.

As i said to Homerjay2005, im a lefty, usually play up front but can play left mid also. I know that you stated you need a goalie, defender and centre midfielder, so i understand if there is no interest, but i hope i can get a run-out anyway to see what you think!

Hey, just confirming my interest in playing.

As i said to Homerjay2005, im a lefty, usually play up front but can play left mid also. I know that you stated you need a goalie, defender and centre midfielder, so i understand if there is no interest, but i hope i can get a run-out anyway to see what you think!

ah they were only places where we struggled this year, mainly due to injury and work commitments. We have alot of players who can play anywhere so we actually dont need specific areas. so come along for sure. we will loose 3-4 players due to work and clashing with other commitments, so we need to get new players to get our squad back up to around the 20 or so mark.

just to add, all new players will play most of the game tomorrow, i for one am willing to volunteer to be on the sideline to give everybody a chance, if needs be. its a friendly and its there to learn things. the opposition are only 3 days away from start of season,so it should be a good test, against decent opposition who are used to playing with each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

just to add, all new players will play most of the game tomorrow, i for one am willing to volunteer to be on the sideline to give everybody a chance, if needs be. its a friendly and its there to learn things. the opposition are only 3 days away from start of season,so it should be a good test, against decent opposition who are used to playing with each other.

I see your point Ed but these sessions are supposed to be for the whole squad to keep ticking over so there's not much point in you standing on the line for the majority of the game. I want to give the new players a chance too but I also know that I need as much game time as possible as I'm sure most of the lads do. If we keep rotating then everyone should get a decent amount of time on the pitch.

To make sure we see the best of the new lads then we could just make sure they're always in their best positions and the rest of us can rotate around wherever. I know you'd like a run up front at some stage!:D

We'll keep rotating it tonight lads.

I'm going straight to the match from work so can't help with the gear, but can give lifts from Sandyford.

They haven't rang me back yet to take payment details as they said they would but I think it's fine.

Need confirmation on the whether we need a ref ASAP. We'll have plenty of people to ref it but for the sake of an extra €2 a head I think we should go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I wont be off work in time to play tonight lads. Pretty disappointed to be honest. Hope you have the numbers & g'luck.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Homer, count me in, are we on the astro?

Keith

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Fatmag

Go for the ref alright

Homer, count me in, are we on the astro?

Keith

good stuff man, your welcome on board. give it a few weeks and see what you think. the next 4-5 weeks is about getting fit and building a squad of 20.
    astro...

lads, should be about €6 each or there or there abouts? and bring gear so, as the 2 kits are not accessible to us. the other team wears green, so NO green please!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

good stuff man, your welcome on board. give it a few weeks and see what you think. the next 4-5 weeks is about getting fit and building a squad of 20.
    astro...

lads, should be about €6 each or there or there abouts? and bring gear so, as the 2 kits are not accessible to us. the other team wears green, so NO green please!!!!

I guess I'll be raiding my wardrobe, does anyone have bibs? I might have a few red ones in the car.

Homer, what time are we meeting?

I guess I'll be raiding my wardrobe, does anyone have bibs? I might have a few red ones in the car.

Homer, what time are we meeting?

if we have bibs, there in the kit bag. normally, we have a full kit, its new, but des cant make it tonight and most of our players live no where near his house.

try be there for 7.30 or so......i think theres concerts on in that general area, so something to note maybe. you have my number anyway....

can somebody bring footballs tonight also? the other lads will have them, but we need 3 or 4 ourselves.

Good to see some new players gonna show up tonight - any others out there reading this why not give it a shot to find out what the standard is like? It's a sound bunch of lads and there's no aggro so come down and see how you get on.

Bibs - if anyone has any bring them along for sure.

Left a voicemail there for the Astro woman saying to get back to me to arrange payment and that we want a ref.

if all goes well and we are there on time, we will do a hard warm up before the game.

can anybody contact kenny? i aint heard form him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I guess it's time to find out how to get to Wesley College without aimlessly wandering around South Dublin all night. :eek:

• Advertisement

lads, im getting alot of texts so just to confirm -

kick off is 8 in wesley astro, be there for about 7.30 or so.

bring shin pads.

des cant make it,so we dont have the kit tonight. dont wear green also! if anybody has bibs, bring them.

bring a ball if you have one.

we are trying to get a ref.

all new players should get at least 45 minutes.everybody should get 45 mins in fact. i will try no to disrput the team that much though.

should work out at about 5-6 euro each for the pitch and ref.

if the pitch is not being used, we will try to do some running before hand.

looks like we will have 16 tonight, good numbers. 5 new lads also which is excellent.

Advertisement