Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Randy Orton involved in motorcycle accident.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I share the same sentiments as tbc here, there was some good discussion going on in the thread since it was reopened.

The user should have been just banned until he could prove he was who he claimed. It's happened before on numberous occasions. (Alan from wrestlezone).

And NLW Coleman, some of us who don't get to attend the shows are still pretty interested in hearing how the shows are going and developments etc. Like the super 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

I am going your show tomorrow, NLW. So lay off that crybaby stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

I have to share the anger about the topic being closed again because one person made a fake account. Why on earth should the topic have been closed? All was needed for the person to be banned if they account was proven to be fake. I admit I don't post in the topic but I read every new post because I want to see if there is any Irish wrestling happening near me or on a date I can make. Why was the topic closed instead of just banning the user? It's not fair on every other promotion and poster who want to promote Irish wrestling on a wide platform, especially since Boards is the biggest wrestling forum in the country.

+1 to all of all that, tbh I disagree with the OP about the modding, it's excellent although obviously the new mod got a little tigger happy with the thread.. Which is probably a little harsh to all the the non muppet posters who are legitimately trying to promote their product

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I would ask that NLW Coleman stick around though. The fact is his group present not only some of the best wrestling in Ireland but Europe, give the mods a chance to say "Ok, we will change things" and then keep posting show info. If it happens another time then pack up the bags and leave, because I think alot of Irish wrestling fans will do the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

There's always so much drama in the promotions threads. Can't disagree with the mods closing it (for the millionth time)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Smoshi

I just cant see the logic in closing a whole thread over 1 person? why not just ban the person? is it harder to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

its all just a work!.....a big elaborate plan to get thebostoncrab into the banter in the irish discussion thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Very adult Coleman, well done. It seems all you ever so nowadays is whinge whinge whinge. Congrats. You are a credit to your promotion.

I am sure Jay closed the thread for a reason, whcih he will explain in due course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Smoshi

Hey the OP might have over reacted, but the rest of us are voicing real concerns :(

please dont abuse the mod power by making us all out to be fools when all we want is our thread back to discuss the wrestling.

Once again the Mods have closed the Irish Promotions Thread. This is ****ING RIDICULOUS. It is a DISCUSSION FORUM. This will be closed too because the mods are obviously on some kind of power trip and have NO IDEA how to run a forum. Imagine this happening at the UK Fan Forum. It woudln't, pure and simple.

So, as the rep for Irish promotion No Limit Wrestling, I'm saying I'm done with Boards.ie. I won't be posting on here anymore, it's not like anybody really goes to the shows from boards anyway so it's no great loss. But I will say that the mods need to LEARN how to run a forum. You can't just close a thread because someone may or may not be posing as someone else. Get a ****ing grip. The Mods here have ruined Irish Wrestling discussion, not the fans. So **** the mods (not all of you) and **** Boards. I've have enough, it's pathetic.

WRESTLING FANS please take the time to "like" us on Facebook. This is where you'll get all the relevant info.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/No-Limit-Wrestling/167386333293295?ref=ts

Oh and Mods, leave this thread open... let people have their say. Go on...be mad! Idiots!

This might be "idiotic", but I am banning you for a few days. Doubt you care seeing as you are done with us.

If you have any issue, PM me, I will give you my phone number and we can discuss the situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

but sure tis fake anyway?:o

Smoshi wrote: »
    Hey the OP might have over reacted, but the rest of us are voicing real concerns :(

please dont abuse the mod power by making us all out to be fools when all we want is our thread back to discuss the wrestling.

There is no-one abusing any powers. The other thread will be re opened in due course. This thread is a mess. No need for over reactions like it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I would agree that some of you are just properly voiceing your opinions in a thread that has been opened on the topic but if there is a moderation issue you should pm the mod your issue not start a thread about it.

Myself, Gimmick & Jay are fellow posters who simply want the forum to run smoothly so if there is an issue we will try and fix it, as stated when Jay has the chance im sure he was going to re-open the thread, its not like he wanted to lock it in the first place not that hes in the job a wet week so might still be getting used to the mod options.

Im online a bit less than usual but ive always said that I want boards.ie to be a place where the Irish Wrestling scene can be promoted /discussed. Im not going to allow us to have no outlet for that but lets not kid ourselves this is not an isolated case of 1 fake account, each and every Irish promotions sticky has had unfotunate issues dogging them and were all closed numerous times and something needs to be done to sort this out.

Last time we opened a thread for your opinions on how to proceed and were open to all ideas including an Irish wrestling sub board but in the end most of you guys just wanted the old sticky open again we are listening so please lads talk to use dont throw a strop if a thread gets closed

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

First off, I'm the new mod and I did what I felt was necessary. I thought that by closing the thread I'd prevent more people from saying things they shouldn't and receiving bans. I also expected this "fake Dave Power" situation to be dealt with by sometime Saturday (so the thread would be locked under 18 hours) so there wouldn't be an uproar.

The problem is that on boards.ie, various Irish wrestling promotions squabble regularly which do require moderation, something the rest of the PW boards does not. Well the thread is re-opened and we'll trust ye to respectfully converse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭JamesMania

Rocky posted this earlier today, what do you all think ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2VK6U6YVDE&feature=channel_video_title

How do I embed it onto the forum , whats the codes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,111 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

JamesMania wrote: »
    Rocky posted this earlier today, what do you all think ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2VK6U6YVDE&feature=channel_video_title

How do I embed it onto the forum , whats the codes ?
    already posted in the Rock return thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭JamesMania

Liam O wrote: »
    already posted in the Rock return thread...

I know but it deserves its own thread

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Moffat16

well 3 years on now and he is the best in the company

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Moffat16 wrote: »
    well 3 years on now and he is the best in the company

Best at what? being a ballbag?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

mayordenis wrote: »
    Best at what? being a ballbag?

yep thats exactly what was meant obviously.... goodnight sweet zombie thread

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement