Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Randy Orton involved in motorcycle accident.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Fozzy wrote: »
    Am I the only one who knew what rovert meant?...

No, it's grand now that he is being clear about it. I only wish for him to live up to the high standards he expects of others.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

No, it's grand now that he is being clear about it. I only wish for him to live up to the high standards he expects of others.

How was that not clear? The draft was Orton's only appearence ON television since the injury, otherwise he has been OFF television it and barely mentioned on a week to week basis.

rovert wrote: »
    How was that not clear? The draft was Orton's only appearence ON television since the injury, otherwise he has been OFF television it and barely mentioned on a week to week basis.

more twisting and turning - rovert you know what the point was, it's been done, get over it.

more twisting and turning - rovert you know what the point was, it's been done, get over it.

How exactly is it twisting and turning? How is what Im say now different from what I said in post #6 and #12?
    You didn't frame the context very well then did you since you needed to 'clarify' what you meant later :rolleyes:

I didnt need to as I remained consistant in what I said.

A person who replies like this asks for clarity, ok:
    This a different deal in fairness both just rehabbed quicker than scheduled.

Maybe not, you not remember that literally 2 weeks before the Royal Rumble Cena done an interview and said that "Rehab was going great and he was sure he would be after Mania before he returned"?

Enough bitching lets get back on topic.

• Advertisement

As I already said, I'm not going over this again, it's been done.

Quote and re-hash all you like rovert but it just makes you look foolish.

As I already said, I'm not going over this again, it's been done.

Quote and re-hash all you like rovert but it just makes you look foolish.

I hardly came off foolish here in fairness or relatively speaking. So much for people admitting when they are wrong, eh.

Anyway:
    Enough bitching lets get back on topic.

Looks like all them majors are reporting this as news not as storyline but are keeping a moderate stance.

Latest:
    Randy Orton escapes accident with only a broken collarbone
    Written: August 11, 2008

Randy Orton was involved in a motorcycle accident near his home Sunday night that could have ended his life were he not wearing a helmet.

Orton, who has only been riding motorcycles for a month, said he was riding around a sharp curve on a steep hill home when an oncoming car veered into his lane causing him to widen his turn.

Orton then struck a curb and was thrown from his bike. He collided with the ground, knocking him unconscious. In his words, Orton "bounced and rolled just under 300 feet, landing in a ditch."

"When I came to, I knew I had rebroken my collarbone," said Orton. "When the police and fireman got there, they asked me 'Where's the guy who was in the wreck?' and I said 'It was me.'"

Orton, who was wearing just shorts and a sweatshirt, only sustained the rebroken collarbone.

"Without a helmet, I would be dead," said Orton. "Now that I have a newborn daughter, so much was going through my head."

Although the initial prognosis is that Orton will not need surgery, this injury will set him back an additional three months before he can return to the ring.

Orton did have one final message for his fans ... "I will ride again."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Christ, I feel like I'm on crazy pills here.

The point I was trying to make was that when people being pushed heavily get injured they are not always treated like they no longer exist. Its far more likely to happen to a guy like Helms than it is to a guy like Orton. RNN and McMahon's give-away have already been mentioned, but also if you look at when Lashley was injured he was still getting mentioned by Kennedy.

Christ, I feel like I'm on crazy pills here.

The point I was trying to make was that when people being pushed heavily get injured they are not always treated like they no longer exist. Its far more likely to happen to a guy like Helms than it is to a guy like Orton. RNN and McMahon's give-away have already been mentioned, but also if you look at when Lashley was injured he was still getting mentioned by Kennedy.

One more time I NEVER said they always treated like they no longer exist which in fact you never admitted to wrongly quoting me say.

If you want to rehash lets rehash:
    Really good point when someone is injured in WWE they normally no longer exist anymore look at Gregory Helms for example. Either that or we are both really jaded Wrestling fans.
    No, I didnt. Outside of the draft edition of Raw, Orton has been barely mentioned on a week to week basis. Which is the uniform policy for everyone.

RNN was a STORYLINE which lead up to his return. You are getting mixed up here Im talking about when a Wrestler is off TV completely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Obviously its not me thats taking crazy pills.

One more time I NEVER said they always treated like they no longer exist which in fact you never admitted to wrongly quoting me say.
    Your grammer is so poor I can't make out the last part, but I never said you said they always treat wrestlers like they no longer exist. Its a word I used myself as part of a point I was making, which was in relation to a point you were making but not in direct opposition to it. I even said I wasn't refuting your original point, remember?

As for your little "rehash", I fail to see the point. If your point is that Orton and others rarely get mentioned or are rarely seen when injured, then well done you. I never disagreed with you.

Obviously its not me thats taking crazy pills.

Your grammer is so poor I can't make out the last part, but I never said you said they always treat wrestlers like they no longer exist. Its a word I used myself as part of a point I was making, which was in relation to a point you were making but not in direct opposition to it. I even said I wasn't refuting your original point, remember?

As for your little "rehash", I fail to see the point. If your point is that Orton and others rarely get mentioned or are rarely seen when injured, then well done you. I never disagreed with you.

Maybe I shouldn’t be posting when work is so busy.

I confused you with Cartoon Head, sorry. I’m just bored with this whole thing and I over reacted.

In fairness my point makes both makes your and Cartoon_Head points as well. As it was hardly a greatly exclusive one on the issue. So why the **** are we arguing here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Maternity leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Does Orton still live in Missouri? Because their Highway Patrol online crash reports have nothing for Orton: http://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/HP68/search.jsp. I'd find that a little odd considering that he said the police were at the scene. Unless he lives in Florida with every other wrestler, but I'm sure I read an article on him recently that says he lives in Missouri

Does Orton still live in Missouri? Because their Highway Patrol online crash reports have nothing for Orton: http://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/HP68/search.jsp. I'd find that a little odd considering that he said the police were at the scene. Unless he lives in Florida with every other wrestler, but I'm sure I read an article on him recently that says he lives in Missouri

Not sure but I do know that is no actual news report for the accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

If Orton is to be believed and he was thrown 300 feet, it is highly unlikely that he would only re-break his collarbone.

If Orton is to be believed and he was thrown 300 feet, it is highly unlikely that he would only re-break his collarbone.

Wasnt thrown 300 feet he rolled for it but the point still stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mrpobb

i can't wait for him to come back and kick ademle in the head

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

The following was posted on Randy-Orton.com last night:
    "i was ran off the road last night at 1030 by a car that had its hi beams on and was veering into m lane during a sharp turn a the top of a hill near my home. i had no choice but to crash, and was thrown 300 feet from the concrete block that sent me flying. i was traveling about 30 miles per hour. i'm lucky to be alive. i have some pretty severe skinned up areas such as my left knee right foot, and left shoulder trap. wwe. com should be posting that it wasn't 30 feet but 300 soon. i just called and bitched em out, for the typo. i was wearing a helmet, and if not for that i would have without a doubt been a goner. i see what the extent of my rebroken collarbone is tommorow. ill let you all know. the bike was a harley fat bob, and it was a rental. it is totaled.im happy im alive, and that the bike wasn't mine. all i could think about was my daughter and samantha. God was definetly watching over me!!

rko"

I can understand that happening. But it would mean that his collarbone couldn't have been close to being fully healed. If he got roughed up a bit and his collarbone snapped, then the same thing would likely have happened in the ring after a big bump

• Advertisement

The motorbike crash is 100% work in my mind. I've read nothing about Randy living anywhere but Missouri and that Highway Patrol website says that the reports that they put up are the details radioed back to the station by the police at the scene of an accident. Randy says that the police were at the scene so they would have radioed something back if it happened

I think the reason for the story is just to explain why Randy won't be wrestling for some time. When he initially got injured the reported time off was five or six months. But then Randy was mad and said he'd be back in two. I bet that he really does need at least five months and they just made this story up for their own amusement and so that Randy won't really be wrong about when he'll be back

The motorbike crash is 100% work in my mind. I've read nothing about Randy living anywhere but Missouri and that Highway Patrol website says that the reports that they put up are the details radioed back to the station by the police at the scene of an accident. Randy says that the police were at the scene so they would have radioed something back if it happened

I think the reason for the story is just to explain why Randy won't be wrestling for some time. When he initially got injured the reported time off was five or six months. But then Randy was mad and said he'd be back in two. I bet that he really does need at least five months and they just made this story up for their own amusement and so that Randy won't really be wrong about when he'll be back

Hve you read the Observer yet? Dave went to great lengths to find any evidence and found nothing.

Hve you read the Observer yet? Dave went to great lengths to find any evidence and found nothing.

Yeah, I just read it now. I guess when something sounds a little funny at first then there usually is something more going on. I was sceptical as soon as I read that first report

Yeah, I just read it now. I guess when something sounds a little funny at first then there usually is something more going on. I was sceptical as soon as I read that first report

Exactly

It is 2008 for **** sake that sort of information is not hard to come by, surely the TMZs of this world would have picked it up if there was any evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

I think it's definitely a work. He's on WWE.com visiting London and for someone that was recently involved in a motorbike accident he looks pretty healthy to me.

Roaster wrote: »
    I think it's definitely a work. He's on WWE.com visiting London and for someone that was recently involved in a motorbike accident he looks pretty healthy to me.

That was from before the accident supposedly happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭nlw_coleman

Once again the Mods have closed the Irish Promotions Thread. This is ****ING RIDICULOUS. It is a DISCUSSION FORUM. This will be closed too because the mods are obviously on some kind of power trip and have NO IDEA how to run a forum. Imagine this happening at the UK Fan Forum. It woudln't, pure and simple.

So, as the rep for Irish promotion No Limit Wrestling, I'm saying I'm done with Boards.ie. I won't be posting on here anymore, it's not like anybody really goes to the shows from boards anyway so it's no great loss. But I will say that the mods need to LEARN how to run a forum. You can't just close a thread because someone may or may not be posing as someone else. Get a ****ing grip. The Mods here have ruined Irish Wrestling discussion, not the fans. So **** the mods (not all of you) and **** Boards. I've have enough, it's pathetic.

WRESTLING FANS please take the time to "like" us on Facebook. This is where you'll get all the relevant info.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/No-Limit-Wrestling/167386333293295?ref=ts

Oh and Mods, leave this thread open... let people have their say. Go on...be mad! Idiots!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I have to share the anger about the topic being closed again because one person made a fake account. Why on earth should the topic have been closed? All was needed for the person to be banned if they account was proven to be fake. I admit I don't post in the topic but I read every new post because I want to see if there is any Irish wrestling happening near me or on a date I can make. Why was the topic closed instead of just banning the user? It's not fair on every other promotion and poster who want to promote Irish wrestling on a wide platform, especially since Boards is the biggest wrestling forum in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Smoshi

I agree that this is an unfair solution to 1 problem in the new thread.

I tink weve all been fair & decent with eachother since it opened. but 1 saddo comes on and ruins it.

mods do you not realize you are putting the power in the hands of these people? they know every time trouble kicks off, youll close the thread.

its not fair to us fans & official representitives. i support irish wrestlin but im getting sick to death of having my ability to discuss it taken away.

wwe and tna get multiple threads about them and various aspects of ther companies. ALL irish companies get this 1 general discussion thread. but u close it all the time, because of 1 bad egg.

i come on here to talk to other irish wrestling fans. if i want to talk about wwe or tna i can talk to my mates in real life. dont take this away because of 1 bad example.

all youre doing is punishing the people that play by the rules.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I dont follow the thread but over the years similar threads were closed because they were a haven for douche baggery and frankly not worth the hassle for the mods.If you dont like it then why do you post here?

And way to go OP,if thats how you conduct yourself,is like a child with a smacked arse,boards will be better off without you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement