Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Randy Orton involved in motorcycle accident.

Options
  • 11-08-2008 9:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭

From WWE.com:

Randy Orton was involved in a motorcycle accident resulting in him re-injuring his collarbone. Orton had initially injured his collarbone last June at One Night Stand, during his confrontation with Triple H in a Last Man Standing Match for the WWE Championship.

As a result of re-injuring the collarbone, Orton will be out of action for three months.

Not good, not good at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,038 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

rovert wrote: »
    From WWE.com:

Not good, not good at all.

he was suppose to show up at summerslam wasn't he

bad news

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

he was suppose to show up at summerslam wasn't he

bad news

Yes he was.

Maybe not as there is no mention of a hospital or a quote from a doctor etc. Not to mention there is an element to storylinese to how it is written. They have been on a swerving the audience kick with the Adamle announcement etc.

Yes he was.

Maybe not as there is no mention of a hospital or a quote from a doctor etc. Not to mention there is an element to storylinese to how it is written. They have been on a swerving the audience kick with the Adamle announcement etc.

Or any specific timeframe when the accident happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I've got to say that I found it strange to read a return date at the same time as the initial news of the "accident". Either the accident happened a few days ago and it was kept quiet by everyone or there was no accident

If he did reinjure his collarbone in some way then it wouldn't be good, it's the sort of injury that might never heal and it would severely limit him in the ring

EDIT: Or WWE.com just made up a return date

Fozzy wrote: »
    I've got to say that I found it strange to read a return date at the same time as the initial news of the "accident". Either the accident happened a few days ago and it was kept quiet by everyone or there was no accident

Really good point when someone is injured in WWE they normally no longer exist anymore look at Gregory Helms for example. Either that or we are both really jaded Wrestling fans.

If he did reinjure his collarbone in some way then it wouldn't be good, it's the sort of injury that might never heal and it would severely limit him in the ring

Also very true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Really good point when someone is injured in WWE they normally no longer exist anymore look at Gregory Helms for example. Either that or we are both really jaded Wrestling fans.
    You can't really compare Helms to Orton. Orton is too over to be quickly forgotten.

You can't really compare Helms to Orton. Orton is too over to be quickly forgotten.

Not my point. WWE makes no/little mention of injured wrestlers when they are out as they think it detracts from their eventual return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Bring back RNN I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Not my point. WWE makes no/little mention of injured wrestlers when they are out as they think it detracts from their eventual return.
    I'm not refuting your point. Alls I'm saying is that you chose a poor example.

From the ProWrestling.net forums, spoilers just in case:

http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/germany/ortonaug08

Orton was just touring Germany. I think the WWE is trying to work us since Orton made the scrollbar on the side of the site when Kennedy was subjugated to being in the bottom when he got legitimately injured at Macon. The Article about Orton was written on the 11, just like the injury article, so that is odd. I am going to post what the article says because I think it might disappear. Here is what the article says:

]
    COLOGNE, Germany – Despite being in the midst of undergoing physical rehabilitation for an injured broken clavicle he sustained at One Night Stand, Randy Orton is on a European promotional tour with WWE. While Orton’s mind is clearly focused on returning to in-ring action and going for WWE gold, the Superstar took the time to visit our fans and the media in Germany this week. Orton visited Germany's oldest city, Cologne, to promote the upcoming WWE tour of Germany in September and November. SmackDown returns to Germany Sept. 27. (TICKETS) In Cologne, he was the key attraction at the German music store, Saturn, where tickets for his autograph signing sold out within two days. Throngs of enthralled German and Austrian fans were treated to the rare chance of meeting the Legend Killer himself and the atmosphere was electric with excitement over his anticipated return to the ring. Orton was interviewed by Bravo Sport, a major youth-targeted sports magazine with a readership of 570,000. He answered questions about his career, family background, his clavicle injury and determination to return to WWE action. The Superstar was also a guest at BigFM, one of the most-listened to radio stations in Germany, which focuses on daily news and lifestyle features with a national audience of 1.8 million people. Orton shared his thoughts on Germany and the country’s WWE fans, why and how he became a WWE Superstar, his tattoos, lifestyle and next Sunday’s SummerSlam as well as the upcoming Germany tour. At Express Online TV – the online television outlet of Germany’s second largest daily national newspaper with 4.5 million unique users per month – Orton discussed the upcoming tours and SummerSlam. His interview is expected to be syndicated to the Express TV channel. Orton was also interviewed by WWE Magazine Germany and Power Wrestling magazine. Questions covered the Raw Superstar’s career, his injury, his favorite opponents, matches and the upcoming tour dates. While in Cologne, Orton posed for photos outside Cologne’s oldest and most famous landmark, the Cologne Dom (Cathedral), which will be syndicated to German media. Orton also created trailers to promote WWE on DSF. DSF is WWE’s free-to-air television affiliate, and reaches 35 million households in Germany. At Premiere, WWE’s pay television affiliate which reaches 3.6 million German households, Orton created a short interview and promotional trailers, as well as created material to act as the centerpiece for a week-long, Premiere-funded, SummerSlam promotion. Finally, Orton was photographed signing ringside chairs for a fan auction to raise funds for the German charity Future 4 Kids, a children’s organization. The chairs will be auctioned on a local language eBay in a section specially designed for fundraising.

• Advertisement

I'm not refuting your point. Alls I'm saying is that you chose a poor example.

No, I didnt. Outside of the draft edition of Raw, Orton has been barely mentioned on a week to week basis. Which is the uniform policy for everyone.

I think that bit off the ProWrestling.net forums is wrong, there was an article on Orton's unofficial website dated August 5th saying that Orton was in Cologne: http://www.randy-orton.com/index.php?subaction=showcomments&id=1218065872&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1,3& It looks like WWE.com just waited nearly a week to put up photos of it. It's unlikely that he went there, went to the UK, then went back to Germany a week later

No, I didnt. Outside of the draft edition of Raw, Orton has been barely mentioned on a week to week basis. Which is the uniform policy for everyone.

Yes you did but it's not a big deal since b.ie agrees with your main point anyway. Helms is nowhere near the same level as Orton so its completely different. Remember I mentioned RNN? That was used to keep Orton in fans minds during a previous injury. Other major players have been given non-competitive on screen roles while they rehabed too.

I think that bit off the ProWrestling.net forums is wrong, there was an article on Orton's unofficial website dated August 5th saying that Orton was in Cologne: http://www.randy-orton.com/index.php?subaction=showcomments&id=1218065872&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1,3& It looks like WWE.com just waited nearly a week to put up photos of it. It's unlikely that he went there, went to the UK, then went back to Germany a week later

Even so - there is no mention of where the accident (if there was one) happened. Maybe it was in Europe and he finished the promo work anyway.

Good spot.

Save Us Fozzy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Hmmm, thats really really interesting.

At first i was like "Aw S***!"

And the thoughts of whats going on with cena/batista at Sslam?

But wait, wwe have had a recent spell of saying that wrestlers are going to be sidelined for months, look at mysterio or more recently Cena?

Maybe because it was leaked that the plans for randy to make an appearance
    at the slam wasnt liked backstage.
    If they milk this tonight on raw, you know its a work...

Yes you did but it's not a big deal since b.ie agrees with your main point anyway. Helms is nowhere near the same level as Orton so its completely different. Remember I mentioned RNN? That was used to keep Orton in fans minds during a previous injury.

RNN was a STORYLINE which lead up to his return. You are getting mixed up here Im talking about when a Wrestler is off TV completely.
    But wait, wwe have had a recent spell of saying that wrestlers are going to be sidelined for months, look at mysterio or more recently Cena?

This a differnet deal in fairness both just rehabbed quicker than scheduled.

Maybe because it was leaked that the plans for randy to make an appearance
    at the slam wasnt liked backstage.
    If they milk this tonight on raw, you know its a work...

I blame Geordie from Sky Sports News's seductive interview style. :D

RNN was a STORYLINE which lead up to his return. You are getting mixed up here Im talk about when a Wrestler is off TV completely.

Of course it was a storyline - but he was still injured. Besides there are other examples such as guys being made G.M. while they rehab so they don't have to be taken off TV. You said that they were always taken off and never mentioned. I'm not the one getting mixed up rovert.

Maybe not, you not remember that literally 2 weeks before the Royal Rumble Cena done an interview and said that "Rehab was going great and he was sure he would be after Mania before he returned"?

Its just a thought, but its always a possibility to be an angle, after all this is the promotion which has twice tried to "Kill" its chairman... :p

• Advertisement

Of course it was a storyline - but he was still injured. Besides there are other examples such as guys being made G.M. while they rehab so they don't have to be taken off TV. You said that they were always taken off and never mentioned. I'm not the one getting mixed up rovert.

What I actually wrote and not what you said I wrote:
    Really good point when someone is injured in WWE they normally no longer exist anymore look at Gregory Helms for example.

Notice the word normally and not the use of the word always.

You know not as a GM or a part of a storyline.

You are trying to change what you originally said rovert. Maybe you should be as specific as you expect others to be. Or God forbid you might actually admit you made a mistake :eek:

Maybe not, you not remember that literally 2 weeks before the Royal Rumble Cena done an interview and said that "Rehab was going great and he was sure he would be after Mania before he returned"?

What do you mean maybe not? I posted this, which above is replying to:

Cena did rehab quicker as instread of returning at or after Wrestlemania as scheduled he returned at Royal Rumble ahead of schedule.
    Its just a thought, but its always a possibility to be an angle, after all this is the promotion which has twice tried to "Kill" its chairman... :p

I and others said this already and this what we are actually talking about in this thread. Welcome by the way. ;)

You are trying to change what you originally said rovert. Maybe you should be as specific as you expect others to be. Or God forbid you might actually admit you made a mistake :eek:

I didnt change what I said look at post #22 you said I used the world always when if fact I said normally. I didnt make a mistake here, you did. I made no edits to post #6 which is where all this stemed from.

:D

I didnt change what I said look at post #22 you said I used the world always when if fact I said normally I didnt make a mistake here, you did.

Sorry rovert but you just choose to ignore what doesn't suit you i.e.:
    rovert wrote:
    Outside of the draft edition of Raw, Orton has been barely mentioned on a week to week basis. Which is the uniform policy for everyone.

It's not a uniform policy as anyone can see from the examples I have already given.

:D

If you actually read the thread I did admitted my mistake for posting that post for ProWrestling.net.

It's not a uniform policy as anyone can see from the examples I have already given.

It is the uniform policy for people off television which was the context I was speaking in:
    Outside of the draft edition of Raw, Orton has been barely mentioned on a week to week basis. Which is the uniform policy for everyone.

It is the uniform policy for people off television which was the context I was speaking in:

You didn't frame the context very well then did you since you needed to 'clarify' what you meant later :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Am I the only one who knew what rovert meant?...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement