Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last man standing Premiership Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

50 something left in LMS this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kaka31

how many left now?

anyone know how many left in killester/howth road paddy power shop.

I'd say most of them still left as there's wasn't many "upsets".
    Chelsea & Spurs were the only possible shocks but I'd guess most have used Chelsea & probably wouldn't pick Spurs especially if you had the likes of Everton or West Ham to pick.
    I'd say most punters running out of "dead cert" picks at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

is there a new one of this starting saturday?

thought i saw an ad in a paper, cant remember?

anyone know?

Saw it all right yesterday, can't remember all the details but it
    was €50k to the winner.
    The last one is still going :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭villager

starts on 31st january

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

thanks for the replies.

i haven't done it before. Do i just walk into a shop and sign up?
    can i play online?
    do you have to go down the bookies every matchday?

info much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

thanks for the replies.

i haven't done it before. Do i just walk into a shop and sign up?
    can i play online?
    do you have to go down the bookies every matchday?

info much appreciated.
    You can only do it in the bookies and you will have to go to the shop each time to place your prediction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

So many people entering from here this time?
    I am doing it for the first time this Sat.. Still have to pick my entry.. Its a tricky weekend with a lot of draws in the offing.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Arsenal & United will be the selections of a lot of people.
    On a different note:
    I think there's great value in A Villa this weekend at home to Wigan at 8/13?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Mosquito09

Need a bit of help.

Entered this today and my selection won. I also did an acca on the same sheet with lost so my slip reads my accumulator and then underneath my Last Man Standing Selection which won. How does it work from here? Do I hand my slip in so they put me into round 2 or will the computer automatically log me into the next round? Thanks.

I think there's great value in A Villa this weekend at home to Wigan at 8/13

Seemed like a good idea at the time :(

I'd guess you go straight through into the next round.
    Guess who picked Arsenal :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Mosquito09 wrote: »
    Need a bit of help.

Entered this today and my selection won. I also did an acca on the same sheet with lost so my slip reads my accumulator and then underneath my Last Man Standing Selection which won. How does it work from here? Do I hand my slip in so they put me into round 2 or will the computer automatically log me into the next round? Thanks.

You don't need the slip with your selection on it.

Collie D wrote: »
    You don't need the slip with your selection on it.

Thanks mate.

So I just keep my registration slip safe and next week just tick whatever selection i want as the computer will have logged me as through to the next round?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

My boyfriend made me enter this for the laugh, I picked Man United and he picked Villa :D
    Is it true you can't pick the same team again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Afraid so. You can only pick each team once. At least you're still in. Villa let a lot of people down I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Damn Hull out in the first week. But got the woman to pick Fulham :) Guess a lot went out this week with a good few draws and bolton beating spurs...

I'm guessing MU would have had a lot of picks.
    Probably a fair few gone all right.

Only 15 left in the shop I'm registerd in after one week, although not sure how many started. Still probably around 4,000 nationwide to beat though. City to beat Boro methinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Butterfly82

City are odds on to win that might do Bellamy first goal. What d'ya think?:D

• Advertisement

It would be typical that Keane will score against Arsenal on Sunday.
    2/1 to score at any time mightn't be a bad price.

10,227 left in this so don't start counting your money yet :pac:

10,227 left

Good God I wonder how many people entered?

7 left in the previous one, 1 in 7 chance of €100,000 :eek:
    Love to know what teams they all have left to pick?

Sorry for being an annoying twat, but am I definitely right in thinking you don't have to hand your last man standing slip up every week? Thanks :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Is there a link I can click on to see how this works. I'm still in after today. I only entered cause it was free - and I know sod all about football - for the past two weeks my hubby has laughed at who I picked - but they've won all the same. Apart from going back into the bookies - how do I find out how many people are left..

Mosquito09 wrote: »
    Sorry for being an annoying twat, but am I definitely right in thinking you don't have to hand your last man standing slip up every week? Thanks :o

I assume you mean the copy and not your entry? No, you don't
    deelite wrote: »
    Is there a link I can click on to see how this works. I'm still in after today. I only entered cause it was free - and I know sod all about football - for the past two weeks my hubby has laughed at who I picked - but they've won all the same. Apart from going back into the bookies - how do I find out how many people are left..

I'm sure somebody will post it up here at some stage.

3,472 left after week two. Still three in the last one after 14 weeks. That's some going. Would be a big kick in the balls not to get something after all that time. Wondering if they had a put a tenner on at the start and rolled over the winnings what it would be worth?

Anyone still going? If so, who've you got. Sticking with my strategy of saving the top five teams for another couple of weeks. Tough fixtures. Have chosen Boro to beat Wigan. I know they're a long time without a win but I watched them away to City a couple of weeks ago and thought they played very well. Would have won if Given didn't have such a good game. Think this weekend could be their day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Dodgy one.. I wouldnt be thinking they will.. Dull draw written all over it..

Collie D wrote: »
    Anyone still going? If so, who've you got. Sticking with my strategy of saving the top five teams for another couple of weeks. Tough fixtures. Have chosen Boro to beat Wigan. I know they're a long time without a win but I watched them away to City a couple of weeks ago and thought they played very well. Would have won if Given didn't have such a good game. Think this weekend could be their day.

Advertisement