Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last man standing Premiership Betting

Options
  • 08-08-2008 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Anyone heard of this?Not sure which bookies are doing it,free bet,pick one team a week to win.If you lose or draw your out.Is this real or too good to be true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Anyone heard of this?Not sure which bookies are doing it,free bet,pick one team a week to win.If you lose or draw your out.Is this real or too good to be true?

No its true - Paddy Power are doing it - you simply write down your name with your choice each week before the matches start and bang youre in. You must do it in the same shop every week and cannot enter in more than 1 shop. 50k for National Champion

• Registered Users Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭Raoul

Can you just do them all at once? Instead of going in each week. It would be fairly hard to get into the exact same bookies every week. I actually thought the winnings would be more.

It sounds so easy though doesnt it?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Its done in a lot of pubs for a while now... the locals generally run one. PP and the like are probably just catching on as another way of getting custom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sadly its on the PP site. Not that I can see.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

mike65 wrote: »
    Sadly its on the PP site. Not that I can see.

Mike.

is it???? i cant see it anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Heh, sorry I missed the word not :o

Mike

mike65 wrote: »
    Heh, sorry I missed the word not :o

Mike

ohh rite!!ha
    ya it wud be a bit to convienent if it was:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Trick is probably to find a shop with feck all entrants. The one I entered into has over 60 names up already. Could drag on for weeks. We have less than forty in our competition in work and it regularly goes into a 10th week. Never forget good old Sheff U coming from one-nil down and scoring a winner in
    88th minute to win me the pot two seasons ago. Week 11 and was really struggling to find a team

I DONT REALLY UNDERSTAND THE SITUATION SO, IS IT, YOU HAVE TO BEAT ALL PEOPLE WHO HAVE PLAYED IN THE SAME STORE AS YOU? OR JUST KEEP GOING,AND PP WILL PICK A NATIONAL WINNER AT THE END OF THE SEASON? THERE COULD BE HUNDREDS THAT GO ALL THE WAY.
    SORRY BOUT THE CAPS, JUST REALISED NOW!

I DONT REALLY UNDERSTAND THE SITUATION SO, IS IT, YOU HAVE TO BEAT ALL PEOPLE WHO HAVE PLAYED IN THE SAME STORE AS YOU? OR JUST KEEP GOING,AND PP WILL PICK A NATIONAL WINNER AT THE END OF THE SEASON? THERE COULD BE HUNDREDS THAT GO ALL THE WAY.
    SORRY BOUT THE CAPS, JUST REALISED NOW!

Just beat the people in the shop you're registered in. Every week it goes on, they add fifty quid to the pot and last man in gets the pot so the longer the better for the purpose of getting a decent amount of cash although it does obvioulsy get harder the loner it goes. If there are two or more people left and they all go out same week, the pot is split.

Then, the winnners from every shop go into a national competition, although I think this is only outright winners ie if one shop's pot is split, you only get your share and can't go on to the big one. Winner of the national competition then gets 50 grand. Hoping to see one of you in the final against me :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Just took a stroll down to the local PP there and entered this for the craic, who have ye all picked for week 1??

Didint realise untill i went down that you can only use each team once, which obviously changes everything, for that reason i picked Bolton this weekend at home to Stoke cos i cant think of any other fixture that i will use bolton in tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

did the same, strolled down an signed up, did bolton as well for the same reasons... lets hope its great minds think alike and not fools........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

you pick a team that you think will win every week (You can only pick that team once)
    If the team wins yer into the next week, you loose or draw yer out.
    As the seaon progresses it gets harder to pick a winning team, so yer better off not diving straight in with the big 4.
    I got to the last 2 in the pub I work in last week but he was left with Porthsmouth and Derby, I was left with Derby and Reading. He won :mad:

Just took a stroll down to the local PP there and entered this for the craic, who have ye all picked for week 1??

Didint realise untill i went down that you can only use each team once, which obviously changes everything, for that reason i picked Bolton this weekend at home to Stoke cos i cant think of any other fixture that i will use bolton in tbh.

aaahhh, it all makes sense now!! gonna go with fulham.
    can someone explain so....does it only go on for 20 game weeks??? if you only can pick a team once?!

anyone?:confused:

aaahhh, it all makes sense now!! gonna go with fulham.
    can someone explain so....does it only go on for 20 game weeks??? if you only can pick a team once?!

it only counts weekend matches that take place on sat, sun and monday. if there are midweek games they are not included

So who's still left in this and who are you picking for week two, going with Blackburn myself??

So who's still left in this and who are you picking for week two, going with Blackburn myself??

still in after boltons great win, prob gonna go with blackburn (v hull) or villa (v stoke). edgin towards blackburn atm...

corban wrote: »
    still in after boltons great win, prob gonna go with blackburn (v hull) or villa (v stoke). edgin towards blackburn atm...

Stop copying me i never win :D Yeah im goin with blackburn cos i think villa will actually be really good this season so i wouldnt be wasting them just yet

hey. i actually didnt get time to go in to do this, but ive had a good luck at the fixtures, and i reckon this is / has a good enough chance
    week1-west ham
    2-blackburn
    3-bolton
    4-newcastle
    5-liveerpool
    6-villa
    7-spurs
    8-fulham (v sunderland?)
    9-westbrom
    10-chelsea
    11-everton
    12-wigan
    13-man city
    14-stoke v(west brom?)
    15-portsmouth
    16-middlesboro
    17-sunderland v(west brom?)
    18-hull v (sunderland)
    19-arsenal
    20-man utd

in brackets, the ones that will probably let me down. feel free to copy!!:D

• Advertisement

Good idea saving Man Utd and Arsenal for a while, newballs but I honestly can't see it going to 20 weeks so you could utilise them earlier. Plan to ignore the top four for first four weeks and always stick with home teams. Bolton did the trick for me in PP and in work.

Not sure who to go with this week. Probably Liverpool as I can see them struggling this season and want to get rid of them.

How many in the shops you're entered into, by the way? I'm in Amiens Street in Dublin. 118 entered, 33 gone, 85 left.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

i am thinkin of going with a home teams for the first few week myself spurs or blackburn,just droped into paddypowers earlyer and someone put down leeds and the girls had to put down aresanl so your man went through from the first week, if he wins in my shop i wil not be a happy man :mad:

but at some stage ur goin to have to try and pick, stoke hull wigan westbrom etc to win, and i kinda think there the best weeks for it.
    ur either in it to win it or not!!!
    gutted i didnt enter it.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

Thinking of picking Blackburn or Chelsea this weekend?

Thoughts?

PIMPHO wrote: »
    Thinking of picking Blackburn or Chelsea this weekend?

Thoughts?

blackburn............save chelsea for later

Looking like a lot of draws today. Could be a few out. Did Liverpool in work and Newcastle in PP. Newcastle have let me down three times in past couple of seasons in work so no idea why I did them this week.

blackburn let me down today

Anyone else still in after that massacre of a weekend?

My shop

Entrants 128
    Week 2 85

13 left including four on Chelsea this afternoon.

Still hanging on there after super Shay saves a penalty and Sicknote Owen comes off the bench to score winner.

16 left out of 38 in work including nine on Chelsea and one on Man United this week. First time I ever celebrated a Liverpool goal when Stevie Me hit that late winner.

Anyone left in?

16 left in work. Myself and six others gone with Middlesboro which is the most popular choice. Next best is Arsenal with thre and Chelsea and Everton both with two.

17 left in Paddy Power. I've done Arsenal along with one other person. Chelsea the popular choice there with six selections.

So, if I had to choose one team not to win this weekend for competition purposes it would be Chelsea.

• Advertisement

Probably a bit early but I think I'm stuck already. Was avoiding top four as much as possile and saving them but next week's fixtures are a bit tough. If I can get through that I will be happy enough having a lot of big teams left.

Paddy Power - 8 left from 128

Have used Bolton, Newcastle and Arsenal

Thinking of going with Stoke to beat Everton but surely has to be something better out there.

Work - 10 left out of 38

Have used Bolton, Liverpool and Middlesborough

Was going ot go with Newcastle to beat Hull but with all the shenangiagns going on I'm not so sure, that and I'd be certainthat most of the other nine (if not all) will be looking at this as well.

Advertisement