Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last man standing Premiership Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

not lookin forward to this weekends one at all tbh

Spurs at home to Blackburn doesn't look too bad the way blackburn are going.

Then again look at the Spurs goalie:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

Browney7 wrote: »
    not lookin forward to this weekends one at all tbh

Spurs at home to Blackburn doesn't look too bad the way blackburn are going.

Then again look at the Spurs goalie:eek:

hes due a good game:p harry redknapp basicly said the other day that he has to stick with him cause hes got no one else??? doesnt say much for the two sub keepers:confused: surely they cant be worse???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

The 3 guys left in the first one ALL got knocked out at the weekened so the 50k was shared :eek: between the 3 of them, 17k each not bad.
    One had Blackburn (gone Saturday), one had Hull and the last guy had Man City who played each other!
    Bet the bloke who had Blackburn didn't get much sleep on Saturday night ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

just wondering will there be more chances to enter this?

am i too late?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭theboytaylor

@Tedious Bore: Yeah, I'd say it's too late to enter this time.

This weekend (Well so far with the saturday results) has to have decimated the
    amount of people left in.

Went for Sunderland myself, anyone else manage to avoid the temptation of going for the big clubs this weekend (and get a result)?

ACtually, is there anywhere that PP post the amount of people left or is it only available in the shop?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭luckyjimbobs

Will be total carnage after today and if other results end up draws could be a very short competition lol

was going to go with chelsea but then changed my mind and went with pompey so either way i was f**ked:p looking at the chart in the shop some people dont know the rules and neither do the staff!!! people had liverpool and united in this week after having them in already!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭luckyjimbobs

I got to last 29 in game 1 and last 13650 in game 2

OOPS

• Registered Users Posts: 34 collei

went for tottenham this weekend:):):) i nearly did chelsea but changed my mind at the last minute:)!anyone here still left in?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

is there anywhere that PP post the amount of people left or is it only available in the shop

AFAIK it's a shop only thing.
    There was over 13k left on Saturday morning and after the w/e results,
    I'd say that will be max 3k on Monday.
    Get ready for another one shortly me thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

If anybody still left in, you one of the very lucky ones.
    Chelsea & Liverpool drawing I'd say knocked at least 60% of the people, Bolton away, Stoke Home and W Ham away wins, very very few would have had these teams.
    Portsmouth & Hull, AV & MU drawing would have had a small number but not many.
    Man City beating Arsenal again wouldn't have been many there.
    Wigan v Everton tonight unlikely to have many people involved as a tough call with other "easier" matches to call.
    Tottenham Home to Blackburn would have had a few all right and most of the players left will be on that selection.
    Based on above I'd guess that at least 80-90% of the players are gone :eek:

Wouldn't it be funny if 1 person was left :rolleyes:

Next week probable "Bankers" are A Villa Home to Fulham, Chelsea Home to Arsenal, Liverpool Home to W Ham but after these 3, there's not another "easy" call available.
    Boro v Newcastle,
    Stoke v Hull
    Sunderland v Bolton
    Wigan v W Brom
    M City v M Utd
    Portsmouth v Blackburn
    Spurs v Everton.

Good luck to anybody still in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭lottodrink

If anybody still left in, you one of the very lucky ones.
    Chelsea & Liverpool drawing I'd say knocked at least 60% of the people, Bolton away, Stoke Home and W Ham away wins, very very few would have had these teams.
    Portsmouth & Hull, AV & MU drawing would have had a small number but not many.
    Man City beating Arsenal again wouldn't have been many there.
    Wigan v Everton tonight unlikely to have many people involved as a tough call with other "easier" matches to call.
    Tottenham Home to Blackburn would have had a few all right and most of the players left will be on that selection.
    Based on above I'd guess that at least 80-90% of the players are gone :eek:

Wouldn't it be funny if 1 person was left :rolleyes:

Next week probable "Bankers" are A Villa Home to Fulham, Chelsea Home to Arsenal, Liverpool Home to W Ham but after these 3, there's not another "easy" call available.
    Boro v Newcastle,
    Stoke v Hull
    Sunderland v Bolton
    Wigan v W Brom
    M City v M Utd
    Portsmouth v Blackburn
    Spurs v Everton.

Good luck to anybody still in there.

I fancy Bolton away to Sunderland this weekend. I had Stoke against WBA, they left it late enough t score. I might even go with Villa... I'll see what team has the best form. So far iv used Liverpool, Man U and Stoke.

There was over a hundred left in my shop before the weekend n now theres only 15.. I have a big chance of winning the shop money anyway. Anyone know how many are left overall??

4 left in my shop out of 150!!!! talk about a good weekend for the bookies:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Kevin11

Am still there. Had spurs at weekend.
    Man U Liverpool and Spurs now used up.
    Next week will be a pin in the paper I fear.

No1 knw how many is left?? Overall like

Im goin with Spurs, Villa, Bolton or Hull this weekend. I dont think Chelsea will beat Arsenal even with Arsenals rubbish form. Man City are a dodgy team for United as well so Id stay away from that.

West Brom have lost their last 4 away games so Wigan might be a good bet depending on how they get on tonight against Everton... Its another bogey weekend i think:P

Asked at lunchtime approx 1700 :eek: left in.
    Girl didn't know if that included tonight's match but couldn't see too many in for that one.
    At least it won't be that long before there's another one up & running (hopefully).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Aston Villa this week i think. Already picked Man united, Liverpool and Spurs, its getting hard now:eek:

Yeah ur probably right.. But I'm sure a few ppl woudla went with Everton... If Zaki was back I woulda went with Wigan...

Id love to win even my shops one... a few hundred would come in handy for Christmas:) Its up to €400 this weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭PADDYPOKER

I thought it was €50 a week?

PADDYPOKER wrote: »
    I thought it was €50 a week?

Nah its €100... Well in my shop anyway. Me mate works there n I asked him plus it said it on the board :cool: the 1st LMS was €50 tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 collei

only 5 left im my local shop:)im gona with wigan this saturday cause i think villa and chelsea are too dodgy!

collei wrote: »
    only 5 left im my local shop:)im gona with wigan this saturday cause i think villa and chelsea are too dodgy!
    20 in mine... Went with Wigan as well... Their the only bankers but ya never know the way its been going lately!! Every team iv done so far have been playing West Brom so I might as well keep it going:)

Still undecided. Might go against the grain totally and go for blackburn away V pompey.
    Not putting in Wigan. They cost me numerous bets and are without Zaki again.

Kevin11 wrote: »
    Still undecided. Might go against the grain totally and go for blackburn away V pompey.
    Not putting in Wigan. They cost me numerous bets and are without Zaki again.
    I think Portsmouth will have gotten a big confidence boost after the 2-2 draw against AC last night so I wouldnt touch Blackburn... Arsenal are gonna beat Chelsea on Sunday!! Wigan are a safe bet.. they beat Everton on monday at home and West Brom are awful in all fairness. Is Heskey out as well??

Blackburn won there last season and in the Carling cup and have won 3 out of the 5 premiership games between the 2 at Fratton.
    Wigan have only 4 home goals in 8 games at home this year.
    The lack of firepower would put me off them.
    Heskey should be ok to start

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Into week nine in work and running out of options. Only two of us left and this is the first week we've differed in opinions, our place just rolls the prize over rather than splitting the pot so we were only ever going to end up with zip if we carried that on. Anywho, Villa for me and sorry guys but hoping Wigan don't do it as that's the competition :pac:

You should be safe enough with Villa :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

You should be safe enough with Villa :confused:
    Villa do draw a lot of games and fulham don't concede many this season, I think it's not a definate for Villa.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Woodgate wrote: »
    Villa do draw a lot of games and fulham don't concede many this season, I think it's not a definate for Villa.

Well they knocked me out in week 1 of Paddy Power's competition so second chance time. I fancy no goals in the Wigan game to be honest but agree with you on Villa

• Advertisement

I went for villa in end as did half the shop.
    Not too confident about them though.

Advertisement