Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using FTV card to subscribe to Setanta Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Widescreen

Prob becuse its on the Sky EPG.

Have you tried getting a UK FTA card? you can buy them online, I got mine for €40 about 2 years ago and gives me regular english channels (UTV, BBC, Ch4 etc) and all the free channels on the EPG setup on a 2nd box. So in therory you just give Setanta that viewing card number.....

I have one of those cards but I am told that because it is not registered to me the Setanta signal will not be activated for me.?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Well i have just subscribed to Setanta Ireland and I used my UK FTV card and i thought it wouldnt work but it has. Within 30minutes the setanta channels have opened up including setanta ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Widescreen wrote: »
    I have one of those cards but I am told that because it is not registered to me the Setanta signal will not be activated for me.?!?!

You could try subscribing online and see what happens.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I reckon it would work.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

snaps wrote: »
    Well i have just subscribed to Setanta Ireland and I used my UK FTV card and i thought it wouldnt work but it has. Within 30minutes the setanta channels have opened up including setanta ireland.
    Has it affected the listings from 101-105, etc?

• Advertisement

byte wrote: »

There is a Setanta Ireland channel also on the UK card. Can you possibly check the Setanta Sports 1 line up for Saturday if you get chance, and see what it shows for 3pm?? It shud be premiership live match. Just wanted to ensure it isn't the uk version of Setanta you might have got.
    cheers

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

There is a Setanta Ireland channel also on the UK card. Can you possibly check the Setanta Sports 1 line up for Saturday if you get chance, and see what it shows for 3pm?? It shud be premiership live match. Just wanted to ensure it isn't the uk version of Setanta you might have got.
    cheers
    Yeah, that's what I was wondering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

will be interesting to see the result. I would imagine that when he goes to cancel there will be a problem as you have to talk to a real live person to cancel who should cop on that its a uk card.... then again maybe not.
    I might try subscribing online with my ftv card if it works.

will be interesting to see the result. I would imagine that when he goes to cancel there will be a problem as you have to talk to a real live person to cancel who should cop on that its a uk card.... then again maybe not.
    I might try subscribing online with my ftv card if it works.

I suppose another problem could be if there were new viewing cards issued at some stage.

Very unlikely as Sky have not issued new cards since sky digital began to the best of my knowledge. Did you try the online method?

I suppose another problem could be if there were new viewing cards issued at some stage.

• Advertisement

Tony wrote: »
    Very unlikely as Sky have not issued new cards since sky digital began to the best of my knowledge. Did you try the online method?

I think there was one card change in 2003 from the sky blue coloured card to the current dark blue with yellow house, although I stand to be corrected.

Hopefully the earlier poster will have feedback at some stage on whether he gets Setanta uk or ireland service before I try anything!

Yes there was one card change.

I think that was just a change in the appearance of the card. AFAIK they did not actually replace existing cards as they used to do in the analogue days, certainly my ASA cards have never been replaced, perhaps residential cards were. In any case I still think it unlikely and setanta would have replace the card if it did happen.

I think there was one card change in 2003 from the sky blue coloured card to the current dark blue with yellow house, although I stand to be corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The residential cards were replaced. Both my Irish Subscription and my UK FTV cards.

The default PIN is the last four digits of original card, not the replacement. You had to swap the cards in a particular way to activate the new one. The old cards don't work anymore. Obviously I have a UK address as well as Irish, so getting an updated card was not an issue.

Perhaps the ASA cards always where different, or already the same as the replacement.

byte wrote: »

No all the UK FTV EPG is there 101-105.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Nothing to loose from attempting to subscribe online then.

No all the UK FTV EPG is there 101-105.

But is Setanta sports 1 showing Live Premierleague soccer on Saturday from around 2.30pm??
    thanks

But is Setanta sports 1 showing Live Premierleague soccer on Saturday from around 2.30pm??
    thanks

Will find out tommorrow. Cant see why not. When i subscribed the man at Setanta just wanted an Irish bank account to set the DD up and my correct address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Does it say it on the EPG?

Yes setanta Ireland is on the EPG, think it is anyway with out a sub on a UK FTV card, but just not clear. My Setanta sports Ireland is clear. We will see what happens at 3pm this afternoon

• Advertisement

Why wait? Just check what programme is on the EPG at 3pm

Yes setanta Ireland is on the EPG, think it is anyway with out a sub on a UK FTV card, but just not clear. My Setanta sports Ireland is clear. We will see what happens at 3pm this afternoon

Tony wrote: »
    Why wait? Just check what programme is on the EPG at 3pm
    And to assist you even further ---

If you have the Irish version of Setanta the following programme should be on the epg,
    Setanta Sports 1 - channel 423
    14:50 Live Barclays Premier League - Mid'boro v Tottenham
    Live coverage from the Riverside Stadium as Gareth Southgate's Middlesbrough entertain Juande Ramos' Tottenham Hotspur. Both sides have their eyes on European qualification this season. K.O. 3:00pm

If you have the UK version it will be

Setanta Sports 1- Channel 423

15.00 Sports Saturday

We await with interest, although my money is on the 2nd option but I hope I am wrong! thanks

Setanta Ireland is available in the UK also. What does the EPG say for Setanta Sports 1 at 3pm?

Is the football viewable on channel 423?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

forgive me if i'm missing a lot of obvious points from this thread...

I'm on freesat/fta sat but i would quite like to watch setanta (mainly the rugby tbh) . If i was to get a secondhand sky box with viewing card do i need to subscribe to sky first and then subscribe to setanta?

Or is it possible then to subscribe to setanta with a normal inactive card?

Or Am I able to get a uk fta card and then subscribe to setanta?

Setanta Ireland working ok. But the Setanta sports 1 is not the irish version. So no 3pm game. But if i put the card in my dragon the setanta sports 1 ireland is working. its a bit of a mess, whish i hadnt have given them my uk ftv card number

RuggieBear wrote: »
    Or is it possible then to subscribe to setanta with a normal inactive card?

That's what I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

Setanta Ireland working ok. But the Setanta sports 1 is not the irish version. So no 3pm game. But if i put the card in my dragon the setanta sports 1 ireland is working. its a bit of a mess, whish i hadnt have given them my uk ftv card number

This is a real longshot, but you could try adding setanta sports 1 Ireland via other channels and give it a lash.

Zaphod wrote: »
    This is a real longshot, but you could try adding setanta sports 1 Ireland via other channels and give it a lash.

Strange now, Now I have put back into my digi box, no setanta working apart from Setanta Ireland and the club channels (Rangers, Celtic, Arse, LFC)

• Advertisement

You have the Irish Setanta subscription but the UK EPG. Both Setanta Sports 1 UK and 2 are blocked to Irish viewers at the moment. That will explain why they are not working. Tuning in the Irish versions to Other Channels should work.

Edit: Setanta Sports 1 (UK version) is currently viewable on an irish subscription.

Advertisement