Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you call your period?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

shoegirl wrote: »
    Being a lady of sorts, I don't discuss bodily functions or fluids in public.

I find it the height of vulgarity.

Absolutely. And when I do have to call it something, I say "my period". Saying something "cute" implies a sense of shame imo. I'm not saying I love menstruating, but it does mean I'm young and fertile. Nothing wrong with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I tell my girlfriend that she is getting her vampire teabags.

I get punched a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭john_aero

LovelyTom wrote: »
    When one of the girls is being cranky, myself and the other guys say, "Must be her Dolmio day"

It was so much funnier about 2 years ago :P

never heard that one before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Dont have time to read the thread but my mother calls them 'your others'. I always though she was saying 'your udders'

I call them periods except when my son asks me to take him swimming and i say i cant i have 'the blood'. Bit graphic for a kid but he was always following me into the bathroom, slept with me and wanting to take baths with me up to the age of 6 so i had to say something when he saw and wanted to know was i dying and it wasnt in the handbook what to say to a 4 year old. :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

" The Evils" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Or after a pregnancy scare when they arrive i call them the 'oh thank gods'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

I call it my period, simple as. I have no problem mentioning it when needs be, such as friend keeps on asking why you are pale and clutching your tummy. But I'd never announce it to the staff coffee room in the same way you'd say, "I saw Eastenders last night". That's not right...

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

normally just call them periods, sometimes friends, or tellin ghimself I've fallen to the communists!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭celticcutie

Copulator wrote: »
    Blow-job week.

I give this one the prize - all the information required w/out producing any tummy turning images :p although that depends on ones interest in blow jobs!!!

Boy oh boy I've never thought about periods as much in my life as I have since reading through this thread. Some of those names are grrrrosss :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭blahhh

Usually I'll say to the bf "I'm broken"

Advertisement