Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berget 7 - 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

TheDoc wrote: »
    5 for me

What on Earth would you want with 5?

I'd only get the one Keiffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

Ditto on 5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I'd have to go for 5.

I'd prefer the word 'berget' on there somewhere. It strikes fear into the hearts of sunday skirmishers. omg.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

Sunday skirmishers? It strikes fear into the heart of my ****ing feet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

Just slept for 18hrs. lol
    Am off to the cinema now to see Transformers 2. Will probably post my pics & vids later tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Lomarticus

Image in 5 colours and posterised to bits to make stitchable regions.
    Unfortunately, might be too detailed no matter what one does to replicate in stitches on all but the latest embroidery machines (but one can hope :) ).

B72-smaller.jpg

(yes I got a pic of him without being killed in the process :) )

Also the Cork pics from the event are here

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

thats ****ing awesome, although maybe MVf in full writing along the bottom, but id defo go for that

Hero

Lomarticus, you are a hero!

I say ditch the NATO logo and put a mosquito in it's place.

Or if the pic of Ian is going to be too difficult, put the mosquito front & centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

Lomarticus wrote: »
    Image in 5 colours and posterised to bits to make stitchable regions.
    Unfortunately, might be too detailed no matter what one does to replicate in stitches on all but the latest embroidery machines (but one can hope :) ).

B72-smaller.jpg

(yes I got a pic of him without being killed in the process :) )

Also the Cork pics from the event are here

Win!

if it's possible, do both, one for each arm :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

That looks good alright, the pic of Ian would be too detailed to do as embroidery though, would have to be printed, and AFAIK, my supplier doesn't do both.

ASI Casper wrote: »
    Just slept for 18hrs. lol
    Am off to the cinema now to see Transformers 2.

Fail.

I think the Ian patch would be deadly, but we may need his permission first, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 KVS

Fáilte! Greets from Russia!

My name is Vladimir Koukoushkin and I talked on the beer-party with members of your team "Na Fianna". We here in Moscow have formed an airsoft team with Irish background keeping in our mind. That's why we were really glad to see Irish airsoft players on Berget (more, those guys also wear multicam as we do on our local games :-)).

First, I'd like to thank you for your play - it was also interest getting in combat with you.

As I said on the party to Dave, we will be glad seeing "Na Fianna" and other .IE teams on our games here in Russia (don't worry about bears - there are only in the zoo here in Moscow ;-)). Though we don't hold such big events as Berget (yet) and our games normally last for 24 hours we do have quite interesting games with high level of dynamics getting together 300-500 players, so, if you decide coming my team would be glad meeting you here (promise to show you Moscow if you wish)!

Regards!
    Vladimir Koukoushkin
    "Foireann Féin" Airsoft Team
    Moscow, Russia

P.S. If you visit our site please don't be abused with "Faugh-a-ballagh!" - this is just our motto derived from Royal Irish Fusiliers in XVIII :-)... No offense!

Well hello KVC.
    Nice to see some international coverage here.

If you don't mind me asking, why did you decide to make an airsoft team with Irish background? Are your players ex-pats?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭-=AIR=-

All India are very welcome to ABZ, we realy will listening to you and your expierence and advice will be very importat to us!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

-=AIR=- wrote: »
    All India are very welcome to ABZ, we realy will listening to you and your expierence and advice will be very importat to us!

I'm only an hour away from you guys, so tell me where it is and I'm there :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 KVS

If you don't mind me asking, why did you decide to make an airsoft team with Irish background? Are your players ex-pats?
    In Russia we do create airsoft teams keeping in mind this or that background. We have US-background teams which equip and act as US army soldiers, we have "British" teams, "French", "German" and so on (for sure, we have "Russian" teams mostly :-)). We have some exotic teams reconstructing Rodesian infantry and even Indian colonial gourkhes. In Russia it is prohibited only to create teams with terror or nazy background. In comparison to the most popular "Russian", "German" and "US" blocks, the "Irish" airsoft community is not very big - we have only three or four teams having Irish background and most of these teams are formed by history re-enactors or re-constructors. Actually, Irish culture is really popular in Russia including celtic folk, etc. Some of my teammates even study gaelige just for themselves and my daughter won silver medals in Irish dance European championship in 2007 and 2008 :-). BTW, people say that St.Patrick's Day is celebrated in Moscow even more active than in Dublin (it's our popular joke in Moscow as on that day we have the main street blocked due to the parade and all pubs overcrowded due to celebration parties there ;-)). The real fact is that we have many reconstructors of mid-age Ireland and we do have many people involved in your culture as their hobby.

Wow, that sounds great, I need to get my ass back to Moscow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

kdouglas wrote: »
    Yea, those nice green Firearms label that SAS put on in stockholm were bound to cause a bit of hassle, but once everything was explained to customs in Dublin Airport it was sorted swiftly.

Those "Firearms" tags are part of the international regulations. I don't know why they appeared this time, and not previously, but I think SAS have probably just tightened up their procedures.

The customs guys at DUB were fine, once they got over the shock of 25 or so cases arriving together. It was all sorted out in 10 minutes, and there were no lasting ill effects.

Roll on next year.

OzCam wrote: »
    Those "Firearms" tags are part of the international regulations. I don't know why they appeared this time, and not previously, but I think SAS have probably just tightened up their procedures.

The customs guys at DUB were fine, once they got over the shock of 25 or so cases arriving together. It was all sorted out in 10 minutes, and there were no lasting ill effects.

Roll on next year.

To quote the man in the airport...'If you all please wait calmly we will get your weapons back to you in no time!'

ROFL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

To quote the man in the airport...'If you all please wait calmly we will get your weapons back to you in no time!'

ROFL.

To quote the other guy in the customs lane:

"Just wait outside".

Of course what he neglected to mention was that you cannot come back through once you leave arrivals ...

What he really meant to say is "On you go, we're keeping these". Until he saw how many of them they'd have to have checked and relented to common sense.

Yeah, though from what Gerrowt told us, the man inspecting them was like a kid in an airsoft shop.

'Wow, that's deadly' etc...

That's Dublin for ya.

scanlant wrote: »
    Casper (did he get on the plane, or did he melt into the air? :D)

Melting into thin air is a Casper speciality. ;) That's where he gets his name. But yes, he did get the plane home with us.

Well done Tadg. Putting in the effort when you're burned to a crisp is what it's all about.

PS: Thanks to DOC and the Israeli medic for the epic rescue under fire, after I woke up everyone still in the camp when we were attacked at 02:30. Yellow Team were taking the p1ss and I wanted my bed... The distance was 172m, btw. That's some pair of ears DOC.

Melting into thin air is a Casper speciality. ;) That's where he gets his name. But yes, he did get the plane home with us.

Well done Tadg. Putting in the effort when you're burned to a crisp is what it's all about.

PS: Thanks to DOC and the Israeli medic for the epic rescue under fire, after I woke up everyone still in the camp when we were attacked at 02:30. Yellow Team were taking the p1ss and I wanted my bed... The distance was 172m, btw. That's some pair of ears DOC.

I was impressed I managed to run the distance in a few seconds after been envolved in a heavy patrol :)

. The distance was 172m, btw. That's some pair of ears DOC.

More like, that's some set of lungs Oz.

More like, that's some set of lungs Oz.

**** me thats a fair old sprint that i did in a couple of seconds....I told yas, I can ****ing run ;)

The reason I was standing in the middle of the road was that I couldn't kneel down at the time :D, and of course I wasn't supposed to move unaided. Fair play to the Yellows, nobody shot me again once I put on the orange hat (not even the Italians :p).

My leg is almost 100% again, the voice still needs another few days.

Highlights for me:
    • that well-executed raid by the Reds while we had those "CIA" bods waiting at the checkpoint - it wasn't fun being on the end of it and taking the first hit, but it was very well done.
    • doing stag on that checkpoint when all the trucks were coming & going, and getting a tip (!)
    • The Medic Call
    • being Welfare Officer with Mark - you all got the best care we could manage
    • no serious injuries
    • great fun, teamwork and bonding
    • and a new mission.

Better late than never!

Had an amazing time at Berget 7, despite the ridiculous heat. Was miles better than my experience at Berget 5 although much more strenuous! Mainly due to the company.
    Thanks to Ian for being a great company commander! MFV FTW!
    Thanks to Kris Saw for helping with logisitics in the run-up to the event and for meeting up with us in Stockholm.
    Thanks to Lemming for general logistics & hotel sortage!
    Thanks to India 1 in general. Was great to put a few more names to faces!
    And a huge thanks to India 1-2. Thanks to the Hawks ( and Scanlant ) for having me in your section. Was an absolute pleasure to play with you guys!

My pics: http://www.airsoftireland.com/gallery/thum...s.php?album=777

And vids: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=66154F03D65773C4 ( some interesting ones of Doc & Neil ;) )

For those considering going next year, my final costs were:
    • Game fee ( inc berget transport to / from Sundsvall, not inc food): £124.55 ( 144 EURO )
    • Stockholm accommodation ( 3 nights room only, 5 star hotel ): £204.75 ( 223 EURO )
    • Train from Stockholm to Sundsvall ( 1st class inc meal ): £25.39
    • Train from Sundsvall to Stockholm ( 1st class inc meal ): £51.36
    • Flights to / from Stockholm: £197.77 ( 212.70 EURO )
    • 'Special baggage' fee: £33.47 ( 36 EURO )
    • Spending money (inc booze & food & BBs & camping gas & train to/from airport to Stockholm): £315 ( 378 EURO )
    • Insurance ( Annual policy covering airsoft ): £50 ( 57 EURO )
    • Armband & Deathrag & patch: Free ( Thanks Dave & KD! )
    • Craic, fun & experience: Priceless

Not sure if I'll be going next year due to my twin brother getting married in June of next year, but if I can, I will be there.
    There's much that can probably be done cheaper with a bit of planning and group bookings.

• Advertisement

I'd say we could defo shave money of on the accomodation and general spending money I think.

We were drinking ridic overpriced gargle

Advertisement