Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berget 7 - 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'll voice the same opinion.

I was past the point of exhaustion and my feet were blister filled and bleeding, but I kept going because I didnt want to let you down, the company or my men.

When on patrol around the base and you said you were running into the SRP base to kill as many as possible whilst we kept you alive, I was totally up for it..I'd run through a brick wall if you asked :)

INDIA!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Ian cheers for another great year.

Had a blast again. Heat was i bit much this time but we all overcame that bit by bit.

Trev you a f**king great sniper :) will be your backup any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

My pics are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/gerrowadat/sets/72157620732223322/

Vids to come.

Ian : Looking forward to playing alongside your good self at the Uprising (I have at least 12 confirmed Irish heading over) and your being Platoon Commander would make berget attendance for me next year a necessity, rather than a no-brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

huge thanks to everyone in india 1 and to ian and mike!
    ive been feeling like a vet all day when people ask me how it was... "you werent there man" :rolleyes:

oh and extra thanks to everyone that helped me out when i fecked my ankle!

• Advertisement

And from the post-game :

>snip<

hahaha mark has no recollection of any of that hahaha

lol, we may have had a drink or two...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Have to say ****ing epic week!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Wow wow wow, not cool.
    Take that **** down.

I didn't agree to it being put up here.

• Advertisement

Wow wow wow, not cool.
    Take that **** down.

I didn't agree to it being put up here.

Gone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Dammmmitt!

Just missed it.... :(

Hahaa, we can put in the Hawks forum or something, I just think this place is a bit public if ya know what I mean.

Hahaa, we can put in the Hawks forum or something, I just think this place is a bit public if ya know what I mean.

I don't know what you mean, you were too busy giving me the BOYZ NOIZE

Well casper has full permission to put mine up, cause id say its epic lols

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭MAD Ozzie

Had a F###ing ball, next time ill drink more water and less of that crap Swedish beer :o Well maybe not :p

I was proud to serve with you all!! Some great lads some great laughs and some great pain shared by all, give me a few days and and id do it all again :rolleyes:

Ian, you da man!

(Ill never drink Polish Vodka again) :o:p:confused:

PS, please dont post picks of me hungover!! I fight better than I drink :D
    Cant wait to do it all again, big thanks to all. You guys are great!

4 of us vs 200 screaming nuts coming at us was a real buzz, kill 6 or 7 and run like buggery :eek: and the drive by from the taxi full of enemy was cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

awww marko wadda matterr fraid your mommy will see you all drunky wunky lol

i saw it not as bad as you think Mark stick it back up Dave

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Epic .... Just Epic

Got pushed to the limit , and then pushed way beyond it.
    Fantastic experience. Manning a check point with ozcam and then watching 2 hilux trucks with mounted machine guns coming towards us at silly o clock in the morning was unreal.

Ian was the best CO we could ever have wished for , the motivation was epic, no one can deliver a brief like it. Legend.

So ,So proud to have been a part of this.Especially since we were the only team there that didnt have any formal training ( everyone else pretty much had done national service).

I can tell you this - mission briefs will never be the same again in cork.

MAXIMUM F***ING VIOLENCE FTW !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Vintz

Based on even the little I've seen and heard, I'm in for next year!

To all in India One, I salute you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

It was excellent, and I should thank people at this point.

All the Hawks (especially Doc for allowing me to join up with a kick-ass team)
    Casper (did he get on the plane, or did he melt into the air? :D)
    All the Cork lads, especially Marty (you know why...;))
    OzCam (hero/legend/god/insert complement here)
    Lemming/ The Pig
    Wormbyte for the MAXIMUM F#%KING VIOLENCE company briefing (I'd follow that man into fire)
    Basically all of Section 1, 2 and 3.

Epic failz 1- busting my knee the first assault and being out for 1 and a half days
    Epic failz 2- getting sunburnt on day 2 (....pain..., still, I've got a good colour now, not as red anymore, more a toasty rouge :D)
    Epic failz 3- losing my watch (sentimental as f#%k, but what the hell)
    Epic failz 4- My multi-fail ie rip from left knee up crotch, down right knee

Can't remember any other epic failz, but I had more.

• Advertisement

moggser wrote: »
    awww marko wadda matterr fraid your mommy will see you all drunky wunky lol

Yep, and if she sees it, she won't let me go away with the Hawks again. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12 danny van

thanks to every one we rolled to battle with even if the convoy was late nearly 40 min but f... it it came in the end.will always remember that vietnam era when we were jumped out and layed prone in the long grass.

im gonna miss staying up at od hours looking for a gold mine in the f... swamp if that makes sense but we all wanted to find it no matter how long it would take jim had enough and took a dive in the swamp nearly till waist hight:D

still pissed of that we never got to the city:mad:

getting woken up by artillery first thing when i open up my eyes:)

A MASSIVE thanks to mike and ian i hope next year both of you are in command of everything.

thanks to all the dublin lads i met over there had a ****ing great laugh
    you def need to come down some time.

and thanks for every ones support up to sweden and back cant wait to do all this next year but this time in style you all know what im on about.:D

Dude, even Willis knows what you be talkin bout!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Started putting together a couple of designs for India Company patches, what I have so far is up on
    http://kdouglas.com/BergetIndiaPatch/

Feel free to submit designs to me or recommend your favourite from above. Also feel free to recommend changes to above.

If I think of any other designs I'll put something together later.

i like number 3, with the possible change of stretching out INDIA COMPANY so it's symmetrical with MAXIMUM F**KING VIOLENCE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

just a thought about the third one on the top row (definitely my favourite):

how about reducing the font of B7, changing it to "Berget 7" with "2009" underneath in a slightly reduced size font wrt the Berget 7 font, but other than that, love it!

The second would have my vote. Seems I wasn't there make of my opinion what you will...

5 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Vote on the Berget forum for how many you would like when they are ordered: http://www.berget-events.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=36051#36051

@plastic_axe and scanlant: I like your suggestions, will throw them in later.

Ill give a week or so for people to submit their own designs and for me to refine the ones I've done, then Ill put a vote on the berget forum for which design to get made.

• Advertisement

kdouglas wrote: »
    Started putting together a couple of designs for India Company patches, what I have so far is up on
    http://kdouglas.com/BergetIndiaPatch/

Feel free to submit designs to me or recommend your favourite from above. Also feel free to recommend changes to above.

If I think of any other designs I'll put something together later.

I like number 1 becasue I think the Nato logo is important.

Advertisement