Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Just adapt and overcome, if I can shoot right handed, your blind and frail grandmother can too (provided she's left handed)! Besides anyone who's met me will tell you, I'm an awful feckin' eejit!
    I can shoot right handed accurately but i dont like to and i should not have to after all this is a lesure sport so we should be able to use whatever hand we find comfortable to use:):p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Wtf is a "leisure sport"??
    That's like golf (that's not a sport) or fishing (that's an excuse to be a fat b*stard). I find bullpups much nicer to use right handed rather than left handed, but I'm weird... If you don't wanna do it then don't, simple as really.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Just adapt and overcome, if I can shoot right handed, your blind and frail grandmother can too (provided she's left handed)! Besides anyone who's met me will tell you, I'm an awful feckin' eejit!

I now have a new sig. Thank you for the inspiration Lefty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dont think Sigpo like quote boxes :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Hmmm ... idea I haz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Sigpo doesn't like life.

Put that in your sig and smoke it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

How about some airsoft news? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

hoplite wrote: »
    How about some airsoft news? :)

where is the news then? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Admittedly not news but a new review. We seemed to be drifting but hey carry on.

started drifting a long long time ago ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Puding wrote: »
    started drifting a long long time ago ;)

roughly 2 years ago ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭chris20

for all those cqb lovers,this would be a nice piece of kitIMG_5134.jpgf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

Now is there one for an M4..

Any more information? Looks like the madbull system , unfortunatly having the co2 source in the grip is a pain as you having to change both it and the mags in the field at differant times as it's still only a 12g canister

edit: actually looks very like the madbull version do you have a link to where it was originally posted? would be interested if they did release a cleap version of this always had an itch to do a dmr spr with one of these kits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭chris20

Any more information? Looks like the madbull system , unfortunatly having the co2 source in the grip is a pain as you having to change both it and the mags in the field at differant times as it's still only a 12g canister

edit: actually looks very like the madbull version do you have a link to where it was originally posted? would be interested if they did release a cleap version of this always had an itch to do a dmr spr with one of these kits

http://www.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s30/CHAOSCORPNZ/IMG_5134.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.asnz.co.nz/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D2130&usg=__5YJ_5n8ofyZqHUIHF9uSoERrZuc=&h=607&w=809&sz=104&hl=en&start=8&itbs=1&tbnid=rksyenM8sW1fYM:&tbnh=107&tbnw=143&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dco2%2Bmp5%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1

and here is a m4 conversion kit
    http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=special&item=MB-KIT-M470&search=special&rs=New%20Release

so it is the madbull one then, that thing has been out for years, thought it could have been a copy

looks like cyber gun have wrapped a deal with FN HERSTAL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

in what way?

CYBERGUN will soon be marketing a full range of faithful FN Herstal replicas, which will thrill enthusiasts around the globe: SCAR® assault rifles, available in several versions: SCAR-L® 5.56 mm, SCAR-H® 7.62 mm, FN40GL® grenade launcher,
    SCAR HP R® precision rifle and F2000TM. P90® submachine gun, considered a highly effective personal defense weapon. Five-seveN® 5.7mm handgun, which offers an excellent compromise between performance and lightness.

New projects are already under development and will be rapidly developed in collaboration with FN Herstal to satisfy the demanding worldwide airsoft community, which is always on the lookout for new products

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Gatling wrote: »
    CYBERGUN will soon be marketing a full range of faithful FN Herstal replicas, which will thrill enthusiasts around the globe: SCAR® assault rifles, available in several versions: SCAR-L® 5.56 mm, SCAR-H® 7.62 mm, FN40GL® grenade launcher,
    SCAR HP R® precision rifle and F2000TM. P90® submachine gun, considered a highly effective personal defense weapon. Five-seveN® 5.7mm handgun, which offers an excellent compromise between performance and lightness.

New projects are already under development and will be rapidly developed in collaboration with FN Herstal to satisfy the demanding worldwide airsoft community, which is always on the lookout for new products

Cybergun and FN, this should be good:) new SCAR and F2000, Sweet, sign me up:D

• Advertisement

not really new models just existing models rebranded with the cydergun markings, pitty they have the rights but insist on not doing accurate markings same goes with uramax

also cybergun being taken to court by one of there other partners
    Arizona based firearms manufacturer, Smith & Wesson has, on 17th June 2010 in the District of Arizona, filed a lawsuit against French airsoft retailer Cybergun, S.A., alleging Trademark Infringement, and Federal Unfair Competition related damages.

Smith & Wesson entered into a license agreement with Cybergun in 2005, giving Cybergun exclusive rights to use Smith & Wesson ‘Marks’ on licensed articles which included Airsoft guns, targets and ammunition, i.e. BBs. This license also extended to advertising and promotional material but express permission and approval had to be obtained from S&W for Cybergun to authorize third parties to use S&W ‘Marks’ in their promotional material.

Rebranders have less scruples than cloners, it takes effort to r&d and reverse engineer a product, and produce it in house.

It takes a laser etcher and a legal division to do what cybergun, uramax and all these other crowds do. Often time the laser etcher is owned by the cloner, and the only contribution made by the 'rights holder' is a financial one to a company not interested in the least in airsoft.

At least Magpul engaged with AGM and hammered out a deal, who are these poxxy middle men Uramax?

so it is the madbull one then, that thing has been out for years, thought it could have been a copy

Is it rubbish? I heard it was semi only or something too.

I'd love drop in gbb gearboxes, even an external rig option would make it interesting.

Is it rubbish? I heard it was semi only or something too.

I'd love drop in gbb gearboxes, even an external rig option would make it interesting.

well rubbish not really a good description it goes what it says on the tin but has some disadvantages and limitations

from everything i've read you can get about 80 - 100 rds on one 12g co2 cartridge so if your using low caps you could get about 3 -4 mags before a co2 change was needed, so changing them in the field is a bit of a pain, it is limited to semi personally not really a down side for me but for others this could be a down side) you can adjust power but need to use a short barrel to obtain a sub joule power. On the up side it is drop in and takes standard aug mags, and the aeg barrels and hop ups are still compatible

as i said i had looked into these for a dmr project as a lot of the downsides where removed or limited but never got round to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

anyone any news on the release of the magpul pts masada?

the Rs version was realeased this week, so id say middle to end of this month you might see preorders

very good, very interested in reading the reviews on them

• Registered Users Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

very good, very interested in reading the reviews on them

There's a review up on Arnies of the ACR, due to be released mid July to early August according to "uscmCorps" who's in touch with MagPul:)

Review: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=184343&st=0

cheers man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Harakka

First video of the GHK G36 GBBR in action. Seems to be quite a kick from it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08etg5pYJTE&playnext_from=TL&videos=E-OrEQCz1Oc&feature=sub

Advertisement