Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

J.D.R wrote: »
    Has Airsoft turned into a games for a bunch of 10 year olds? First the "Intelligent" dustcovers at Pro&T, and now this? What happened to making new equipment, or new lines of weopenry. Are all the companies just making novelty stuff now?
    Its called having a laugh :D
    Some people nowadays seem to be losing a sense of humour on here :P

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Markom5a

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Its called having a laugh :D
    Some people nowadays seem to be losing a sense of humour on here :P

+1
    The tension on this is getting pretty bad I suggest a giant cage match to sort out the problems :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Fair enough, but are you saying you would prefer to see 2 1/2 pages of novelty badges on RSOV's New arrivals section, or 2 1/2 pages of good, useable gear?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Markom5a

Fair enough, but are you saying you would prefer to see 2 1/2 pages of novelty badges on RSOV's New arrivals section, or 2 1/2 pages of good, useable gear?

Meh I love window shopping as much as the next person but we don't own rsov so we have no say in what the choose to stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Markom5a wrote: »
    Meh I love window shopping as much as the next person but we don't own rsov so we have no say in what the choose to stock.

I don't think that's what he was saying ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

i think on boards we can all have a bit of a laugh and off the field but on the field the players should try to get 'into the game' it adds to the days gaming, obviously some times at the end of the game before break something funny can happen but that's what I think. I agree with both, there is a lot of novelty stuff up on airsoft websites but badges aren't gonna do any harm...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Well email rsov and say it to them if your bothered? I dont think they'll care much though. Is what you'd rather if they didnt stock anything rather than this "filler" stuff? I personally would rather see filler stuff on their pages than nothing new for months at an end as at least we know they are still trying to make money and stay active. The next step for sites that arent updated for months is closure and no one wants that.

Its a global recession , if you cant be assured of shifting stock levels and anything you do get in may sit there for months in worst case scenario its a safer bet to stock lots of small priced units that dont "age" as badly as high value items. In layman terms.....

RSOV stock 1000 major league sniper patches @ value 200eur
    or
    RSOV stock one gbb m4 variant @ 200eur value

The patches will be sell-able and not have updated models precede it a few months later, the m4 variant might meaning if a gen 2 version comes along in a few months they may loose money on the stock and have to drop price. Likewise if another manufacturer releases a clone of it.

As I said I prefer a site to be active rather than static for months on end.

OK, but I am just saying, there recently seems to be an increase in this Filler stuff, and few of the actual stuff many airsofters (not just myself) prefer to see on the New stock pages of websites.

If you are into the novelty badges dustcovers, fine, I was just voiceing my opinion like others. As was said before, this forum seems to have a fair bit of tension in it. Maybe that cagematch isn't such a bad idea;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

you could see this in some of the past videos on the table but nice to have it confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭SparkyDNut

That looks like it has a really nice kick... but I think I still prefer the standard M14 Match... Hopefully we'll get it soon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Puding wrote: »
    you could see this in some of the past videos on the table but nice to have it confirmed

Awesome, I want one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

OK, but I am just saying, there recently seems to be an increase in this Filler stuff, and few of the actual stuff many airsofters (not just myself) prefer to see on the New stock pages of websites.

If you are into the novelty badges dustcovers, fine, I was just voiceing my opinion like others. As was said before, this forum seems to have a fair bit of tension in it. Maybe that cagematch isn't such a bad idea;)

The novelty stuff will always have a market. At the end of the day, we're still a bunch of mature men and women dressing up like soldiers, wielding machines that project plastic balls at each other. When you start taking that too seriously is when you start losing the heart of the game; fun.
    I'm not saying they're the kind of thing I'd wear, but they're no more silly than someone rocking up in a full SG-1 uniform with the appropriate patches, or someone playing in a grassy area (ie, just about any Irish site) in ACU...

Also, a big reason why there's a lot more of these "filler" products (and I'd agree with that term) is that a lot of the Chinese companies still haven't recovered from the governments crackdown last October. Many of them are still trying to just get back up and running again, so the last thing on their mind is creating a new product. DBoys/Kalash and JG are perfect examples. Powerhouses that they are, they haven't come out with anything new since before Christmas. However, you still can't even find so much as a bog standard M4 or AK from DBoys/Kalash, or an MP5/G36 from JG from most retailers.
    Filler products, and accessories in general, at least give these retailers something to sell, even if it's only a bunch of patches.

Perfect example:
    image_thumb172.png

Fair enough, I guess I see your point.

I still think that 2 pages of the stuff though are a bit excessive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

damit Nakeddex now I want that ACU cover >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ZeroSignal

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    damit Nakeddex now I want that ACU cover >.<

Well, I guess you'll never lose your iPhone... XD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

only if he ever goes to bargain town

ZeroSignal wrote: »
    Well, I guess you'll never lose your iPhone... XD

Yeah, Shane should have got himself one ...

Fair enough, I guess I see your point.

I still think that 2 pages of the stuff though are a bit excessive

It's only excessive if there's other products being ignored. Right now, there's little-to-no innovation in the market, apart from a handful of high end offerings like G&G's impressive new line-up and WE's new GBBR's.
    As it stands, the news is devoid of anything truly great or inspiring, like a new CO2 GBB FAL or a spring NTW20, or an AEG CR-21. It'll be months before we see anything like this popping up. Right now, I'm hoping to click on this thread some day and simply see "DBoys/Kalash/JG have started shipping stock to retailers again". That will be the greatest news for the sport in this country for this year, I can assure you.

welcome to airsoft before the chinasoft/clone boom, new releases from companies such as tm g&g ca and vfc two or three times a year with news tied into the major shows, more or less the cycle you see in other industrys

Exactly, we're actually going to have to wait until China wakes up again and goes for another airsoft boom before we'll see the high ends up under enough pressure to be innovative and bring out new/innovative products. Expect to see the high end companies to make hay while the sun shines, since half of their competition has vanished in the majority of countries for the forseeable future.

If they're clever, they'll come out with a few budget offerings, following G&G's success with their amazing Plastica/Popular range (and hopefully G&G will ramp up production of theirs with an expanded line). While stock of the Chinasoft gear is sparse, the gap in the market is for those quality sub-€200 AEG's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

NakedDex wrote: »
    Exactly, we're actually going to have to wait until China wakes up again and goes for another airsoft boom
    So let's fill this thread with vague rumours of what is going on beyond the bamboo curtain, and what my cousin's postman, who has a friend who works at the Chinese Takeaway says going to happening with the clone manufacturers instead :)

well tbh there are budget offerings that have always been there from taiwan but where not normally stocked due to the availability of the chinasoft offerings with the likes of SRC G&G and ICS cheaper lines

i do not see g&g tm vfc ares and the high end lines for ics ca and such changing that much with the production of new lines if they did not expand during the boom it is unlikely to see expansion into new area at this time

another airsoft boom? i dough it, the circumstances we witnessed just after airsoft became legal hear where a perfect storm

I personally would like to see a boom in GBBRs but that's unlikely unless there's a significant breakthrough in production costs.

By airsoft boom, I mean Chinasoft boom. I'm sure when DBoys/Kalash and JG get back to their feet again, the market will be itching at the bit to get their hands on their products to fill their stores with, and the subsequent flood of affordable, decent quality, often metal bodied AEG's at budget/starter prices will trigger a mini-boom. Not to the levels that we have previously seen, but surely one that will see said manufacturers making plenty of profit from the ending of the drought.

As for the pre-existing budget offerings, I did make mention of them. The G&G equipment is exceptional. I, myself, bought one just to get the gearbox, such is the performance (a worthwhile investment). Of the ICS offerings, I've only personally seen the M4A1 yet. Solid and a good performer, but next to G&G's M4A1 at the same price, I'd prefer the G&G.
    SRC, I had cleanly forgot about being based in Taiwan rather than China. I noticed they have an XM8 available now, which should probably have been newsworthy but it recieved almost no release advertisement. It'd be interesting to see how they fair in this too.

The high end brands I don't expect to be coming out with anything massively special, I agree. What I mean by them "making hay" is simply that they have less competition for a while longer so they may advertise themselves a tad heavier and try to regain their dominance in the markets. Remember when airsoft first became legal in this country, and the big debate was whether you should get a CA or TM, rather than a DBoys or JG?

Also, in the spirit of keeping this a news thread, here is that SRC XM8.

src-xm8-bk-002.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

One CO2 GBB FAL for me please :D I wish!!

I'm looking forward to when we can post something along the lines of a new gun that did not exist in airsoft form before, rather than re-hash or different brand of the same guns again.

SRC XM8 looks like its not bad looks wise , Want an XM8 but the F2000 will take higer prioriety on my buy list.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The SRC range are pretty nice for 200-225 euro you get rock solid preformance mech boxes and motors are fairly good ,

externals the quality is excellent the nylon fiber recievers on both the G36 range and XM8 are up with the best of CA and Ares at a much lower cost,

XM8 wise the Gen 1 and Gen 2 versions had quality issuses from bad stock wobble to wobbly hand guards all fixed in the Gen 3 8mm mech boxs steel gears versions available here ,im waiting for a Black version Gen3 to hit retailers here most only have the OD and German grey , but still excellent pieces of kit

funny enough the SRC Xm8 is the only version to have a bayonette lug ,the clones and diy kits dont, its a nice attension to detail for purest's

The G&P conversion kit had the distinctive XM8 logo on the side, which is something I had hoped SRC would include. Alas, you can't have everything.

NakedDex wrote: »
    The G&P conversion kit had the distinctive XM8 logo on the side, which is something I had hoped SRC would include. Alas, you can't have everything.

SRC are great for small things but miss the trades but in rs version the logo was only on demostrators

on the g36's they ship with all 3 rails too lovely weight to them

Yeah, but I really liked that logo. I scoured the place looking for one of those conversion kits still for sale, just for that logo. Really makes it look a lot better.

• Advertisement

they popped up on an american retailers ages ago on sale for around 99us not sure what brand though ,one of the lads on asi got one if remember correctly

Advertisement