Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Harakka

It really does looks great, just wish they'd hurry up and release the bloody thing so I can buy one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Masada wrote: »
    Thats basically how they work, its a t shaped screw that rotates about 180degrees (la bit less on the real one) to switch between modes,

That beauty is gonna hurt the wallet I reckon.

Hate the fire selector switch on M14's anyone know if they ever made
    variants that had different looking switch ?

Got to admire the gun though big bad box type magazine and the most
    awesome charging handle ever.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Harakka wrote: »
    G&P Magpul PMags for GBBR's.

Is it just me or do those look like they're made of metal? I thought PMags were supposed to be plastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Stonewolf wrote: »
    Is it just me or do those look like they're made of metal? I thought PMags were supposed to be plastic.

Yeah, they look like a brushed metal finish alright. The only plastic I can see is the black front strap at the top.

I was hoping they would be like the tango down mags. The plastic cover goes around the metal internal case.

They still look good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Stonewolf wrote: »

yes meant to be polymer i would imagine these are metal to allow the largest volume of gas to be stored, personally add the right finish to them and they will be fine, also i would say it is cheaper to machine the enter shell out of metal than have a machined internal section and then a polymer external section for the company

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

I assumed that the pic shown was the metal blank which you would make vacuum form moulds from giving you the negative of the blank,when that mould is filled then it'd give you the positive just like the pic but in plastic.

Seeing as there is no stock or price as far as i can remember I figure its just a preview of whats coming up.

Makes no sense to make pags from metal it goes against what magpul are all about let alone the fact that there is no finish at all on it??? Has to be a mould blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

If I'm not mistaken, it's more irregular to have a polymer GBB mag...so odds are the metal one IS the mag, rather than the mould. As Pud said...right kind of finish will help

had crossed my mind by if this was the case then the internals would be a separate slide in component on this the internals seem to be an integral part, but as you say could just be a mock up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

the problem with having actual polymer in their construction is when gassed they will swell slightly, makint it more difficult to get them into the magwell, unless they are designed with this in mind and have been made thinner, which then will mean they are a little on the wobbly side.

this is already the case on some of the cheap metal ones where the metal is soft enough to allow them to swell about a mm, enough to get sticky in the magwell. personally, as long as they are finished well i couldnt care less what they are made from. at least they'll weight about the same as real loaded magazines. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Yeah true that, I'd actually prefer metal to plastics

"Bart: What's this lunchbox made of?
    Buck: Well, back in my day we had a thing called metal. Everything was made of it. Lunchboxes, cars, you name it.
    Bart: Me-tal"

come on we version ones! .... dam wa get all the goodies.

• Advertisement

news products on there way, news from ebaybanned

ZtacticalSpecterDRsty4XMagnifierSco.jpg

2. Ztactical 1X to 4X SpecterDR replica ( full function ) - if this is anything like the 4x version i will snap one up, the fde finish appear to have improved as well

Glock Carbine Conversion Kit

AABBGlockCarbineConversionKit.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

that conversion kit looks very cheap quality, I can actually see the shine of the plastic...

that is not really understandable really considering it is a pre production model with the bare metal rails and unfinished body ( body looks almost like resin or such for the prototype )

i hope no one thought it was just a bad tan job :p

Puding wrote: »
    that is not really understandable really considering it is a pre production model with the bare metal rails and unfinished body ( body looks almost like resin or such for the prototype )

i hope no one thought it was just a bad tan job :p

well then my bad:P. I thought it was just a very poor excuse at the FPG :P

nope not the fpg, a copy of the HEPA conversion kit

and that looks like the FPG so basically they're all copying each other in one viscious cycle :P

there all very similar ( form following function as they say )

FAB and CAA also have there own versions ( actually i believe magpul came in the middle and took the idea to the other level with folding) but the idea is a provide a eayer to learn platform for pistols, pistols can be very hard to learn but by adding a stock and such you make it a lot easier to teach someone to fire accurately a lot faster ideal for the home defense market was how it was put :)

the caa is perhaps the strangest looking but underneath its the same idea

Nice elcan, and with adjustable zoom, I'll defo get one of them, that glock though., jayziz.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

I'd love to see the glock kit when its finished, could be a very cheap way of having a GBBR-ish thing:)

• Advertisement

gungun wrote: »
    could be a very cheap way of having a GBBR-ish thing:)

Don't know about that, a Glock 18 is €150 alone, then you have the kit price aswell.
    An AGM M4 GBBR is €250 delivered. Not much in it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

Well, from what I've heard around the place, the AGMs wouldn't be as reliable as a kwa g18c would they?

gungun wrote: »
    Well, from what I've heard around the place, the AGMs wouldn't be as reliable as a kwa g18c would they?

True enough, KWA Glocks would beat alot of airsoft GBB guns of all kinds in reliability providing you use locktight on the fireselector. You can get lucky alot of the times with the AGMs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

Whats wrong with the fire selector. As i have a KWA G26C a scailed down G18 so whats the problem?

.22 Lover wrote: »
    Whats wrong with the fire selector. As i have a KWA G26C a scailed down G18 so whats the problem?

There is a screw that holds the fireselector in place under the rear of the slide. This does not be tight enough from the factory and the recoil from automatic firing can cause it to unscrew itself and fall out, causing the fireselector assembly to fall out during firing. Happened me and I lost a few parts, a cross bar and a ball bearing. I had my G18 a few years before it happened me though.

Once that screw is fixed tight, no worries at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

i'm surprised this wasn't mentioned but also new is the clone 50 rnd mags for glocks at the tidy sum of about 22euro

http://www.ebairsoft.com/aabb-style-magazine-p-3236.html

aabb%20ksc%20g17%2049rds%20gbb%20magazine%20a.jpg

It was a few pages ago, :)

Not a bad price compared to the KWA ones though, depending on if their any good of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I'm not familiar with glocks, what brands are compatible with mags? Is that a KWA/KSC mag? Do army glocks have different mags?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

I'm not familiar with glocks, what brands are compatible with mags? Is that a KWA/KSC mag?

Yep a KWA/KSC copy I think.

• Advertisement

I'm not familiar with glocks, what brands are compatible with mags? Is that a KWA/KSC mag? Do army glocks have different mags?

Yeah their the TM platform as far as i can remember. :)

Advertisement