Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghostly Waterford tales.....spooky!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

I'd be up for it. When we went around the back there was a light on inside so we headed off

Really were you creeped out like? I dunno if i would be i mean like i did try to get people to go to loftus and it really does mystify me but i dunno if i'd be scared. The old man leaves by the rule that the dead won't harm you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Due to possible legal problems for Boards, we cant be organising anything illegal. So if thats private property, im afraid the organising of visiting the property is not permitted here. :)

Thanks folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

i used to live in waterford and was living in scotch quay, house had a giddy eery spooking when we moved in first, especially at weekends when everyone else went home. sometimes the hall lamp would be on in the morning and bedroom doors would be open.

i started talking to what ever might be there and the mood of the place changed. there was still a mischevious feeling but it was more childish if that makes sense.
    dont know should i disclose the number in scotch quay.
    id be intersested to hear of the other hauntings down by the quays in waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

stick-dan wrote: »
    Really were you creeped out like? I dunno if i would be i mean like i did try to get people to go to loftus and it really does mystify me but i dunno if i'd be scared. The old man leaves by the rule that the dead won't harm you.

Nah, jus treated it as any old house. No point gettin scared unless ya have a reason to :p i reckon the light was left on incase someone was gonna break in or something and theyd think theres someone inside

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

what about the sightings of inventor bill hayes who was seen in the garage now owned by mechanic pj o'shea in dominics place, so the story goes , pj was working in the bonnet of a car and bill walked past him and into the office of the garage and when pj followed, there was nobody in there, bill used to own the garage many moons ago, if you ask pj or his son they will show you a framed newspaper full page story that the sunday world ran on it, i think it was sometime in the early 90's, there were other sightings of him in the garage also but i cant remember the specifics !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Nah, jus treated it as any old house. No point gettin scared unless ya have a reason to :p i reckon the light was left on incase someone was gonna break in or something and theyd think theres someone inside

Typically Irish! "Ah sure we'll leave the light on so they think someone is at home :D:D"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

actually one place in the city that truly has the creepy look (but i dont know about haunted but it sure looks it!) is the grave yard beside St Ottrans mental hospital, right near my parents house. If you pass by it at night the long path down the graveyeard on a moonlight is the stuff of classic horror movies!.

If u take a visit there make sure u take a camera some great shots you will get, you will have to ask for permission at the gate,but a worthy trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

magick wrote: »
    actually one place in the city that truly has the creepy look (but i dont know about haunted but it sure looks it!) is the grave yard beside St Ottrans mental hospital, right near my parents house. If you pass by it at night the long path down the graveyeard on a moonlight is the stuff of classic horror movies!.

If u take a visit there make sure u take a camera some great shots you will get, you will have to ask for permission at the gate,but a worthy trip.

the back of the houses on the upper part of the folly look directly into that graveyard, we used to hang around in there a bit when i was a teenager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

The house up in gracedeiu opposite the bucket factory is meant to be haunted too..the one thats has a slate facade on it. theres also a plaque on the wall...some doctor was born there iirc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

i remember reading a book in the book centre that had a number of hauntings listed in waterford city, cant think of the name of the book though.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

aye i was googling waterford haunting and came across an article about parts of the quay being haunted, heres a link to it

http://blather.net/zeitgeist/archives/2008/04/ghosts_of_waterford_quay.html

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Lucy Locket

magick wrote: »
    aye i was googling waterford haunting and came across an article about parts of the quay being haunted, heres a link to it

http://blather.net/zeitgeist/archives/2008/04/ghosts_of_waterford_quay.html

Its a bit spooky alright, but I've never heard about that before....and I've often come across the bridge and odd hours and never noticed anything strange......Now I'll be freaking myself out and thinking I'm seeing things when I cross the bridge......:eek::eek::eek:

My uncle has my nan's house after she died, and he converted the attack into a bedroom and a stairs down from it, and the knocked down where her room was into the next room and made a big sitting room, and ever since he has done that he swears he hears foot steps coming down the stairs and my nan calling his name....FREAKY!!!....and also my little cousin when to a fortune teller lately and she said your nanny doesn't like what has been done to her house.....she is dead 8yrs....even FREAKIER:eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sopick

Typhoon. wrote: »
    What about the house up at Carrols cross.. I know its in the county but everyone knows about this house.....anyone any info on that??
    yea i know the one just down a bit from the pub i heard a priest went into bless the house but had to get the f**k out of there because it was too evil someone cuts the grass there still because i pulled in there the other day and the grass was short and same any other time i pulled in never did i see anyone in there nor a light on i would like to know more about this place too does anybody know who owns the house?

Its a bit spooky alright, but I've never heard about that before....and I've often come across the bridge and odd hours and never noticed anything strange......Now I'll be freaking myself out and thinking I'm seeing things when I cross the bridge......:eek::eek::eek:

My uncle has my nan's house after she died, and he converted the attack into a bedroom and a stairs down from it, and the knocked down where her room was into the next room and made a big sitting room, and ever since he has done that he swears he hears foot steps coming down the stairs and my nan calling his name....FREAKY!!!....and also my little cousin when to a fortune teller lately and she said your nanny doesn't like what has been done to her house.....she is dead 8yrs....even FREAKIER:eek::eek::eek:
    i lived in mary strrt in an attic flat with my girlfriend and it was haunted lights flicking on and off and the volume on the telly goin up and down all at the same time then would stop and a few weird things happenin around the place then found out the fella before us broke his leg goin down the stairs must have been tryin to run out of the place the mullins own it do ye know the mullins does the horses there well known the place should be burned to the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

sopick wrote: »
    yea i know the one just down a bit from the pub i heard a priest went into bless the house but had to get the f**k out of there because it was too evil someone cuts the grass there still because i pulled in there the other day and the grass was short and same any other time i pulled in never did i see anyone in there nor a light on i would like to know more about this place too does anybody know who owns the house?

Could you tell me exactly where this house is? Is it on the main N25 at Carroll’s Cross or of a side road? I have heard about it many times, I would love to see it.

I don’t suppose anybody has any pictures…

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

sopick wrote: »
    i lived in mary strrt in an attic flat with my girlfriend and it was haunted lights flicking on and off and the volume on the telly goin up and down all at the same time then would stop and a few weird things happenin around the place then found out the fella before us broke his leg goin down the stairs must have been tryin to run out of the place the mullins own it do ye know the mullins does the horses there well known the place should be burned to the ground

Hmm, did you try get in an electrician? Maybe you sat on the TVs remote, or NTL is acting up?

Could you tell me exactly where this house is? Is it on the main N25 at Carroll’s Cross or of a side road? I have heard about it many times, I would love to see it.

I don’t suppose anybody has any pictures…

Thanks.
    its on the main road waterford to dungarvan just before ye come to carrols cross from the waterford direction its on the right hand side you cand miss it it dont look derilict or nothing it looks like a normal house no broken windows or nothin curtains up never anyone home though

dayshah wrote: »
    Hmm, did you try get in an electrician? Maybe you sat on the TVs remote, or NTL is acting up?
    this isnt a thread to talk about the construction industry so off with ye and i was trying to turn it up and it kept goin down only while the lights started flickering

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

garp wrote: »
    19 lady lane.... nuf said..:eek:

The missus live in the attic flat for two years and the only noises she heard was the old fridge making well, fridge noises and a noisy student below.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 funtelaar

KingLoser wrote: »
    Yep, the one about the search dogs they sent in before doing the place up. They wouldn't go into one of the rooms for some reason!

Spooooooooooooooooooooooooooky.

i lived in the waterside before and all i can say is cold air/breathing type over my face....no windows open etc....shat meself and left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

The infirmary/apartments at the bottom of the hill across from The Mansion House (I'm not good with street names).
    When the buidling was closed down and borded up for a year or so my mate's older brother was dared to sneak in and sleep in a room for one night. He went in at about 1am and the left. Got a frantic phone call at 3am then begging for someone to walk home with him.
    Said at around half 2 the windows started shaking and that he could hear footsteps in the halls. Whatever room he went into, he then thought he could hear someone screaming and dogs growling at the doors and windows. Ran out of the place fully convinced he was being chased by whatever 'evil dogs' were following.
    We still take the piss out of him for it but to this day he still refuses to even go near the apartments.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I lived in a house in town where a young baby died following a home circumcision (you might remember it)
    now when we lived there I knew nothing about this but I never got a good feeling in there, nothing ever happened as such but I just knew something wasn't right?

It wasn't till a couple of years later that I realised. I haven't felt that way about a house before or since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

The infirmary/apartments at the bottom of the hill across from The Mansion House (I'm not good with street names).
    When the buidling was closed down and borded up for a year or so my mate's older brother was dared to sneak in and sleep in a room for one night. He went in at about 1am and the left. Got a frantic phone call at 3am then begging for someone to walk home with him.
    Said at around half 2 the windows started shaking and that he could hear footsteps in the halls. Whatever room he went into, he then thoguht he could hear someone screaming and dogs growling at the doors and windows. Ran out of the place fully convinced he was being chased by whatever 'evil dogs' were following.
    We still take the piss out of him for it but to this day he still refuses to even go near the apartments.
    there has been a few incidents up in that place afaik even the security guards that were up there for when it was being renovated came across spooky goins on!!! its one place i would,nt wanna live in

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

there has been a few incidents up in that place afaik even the security guards that were up there for when it was being renovated came across spooky goins on!!! its one place i would,nt wanna live in

My cousin & a few people I know lived in those apartments.Never got a bad vibe or anything off them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

My cousin & a few people I know lived in those apartments.Never got a bad vibe or anything off them

Ya most what ive heard about the infirmary is lies i would say.
    i lived in the basement apartment where the old morgue use to there used to be for 2 years and i never once heard any weird noises or anything found it a nice place to live with no weird goings on.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Said at around half 2 the windows started shaking and that he could hear footsteps in the halls. Whatever room he went into, he then thought he could hear someone screaming and dogs growling at the doors and windows. Ran out of the place fully convinced he was being chased by whatever 'evil dogs' were following.

Probably people on the way back from the nightclub.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

I've lived on the top floor of the Infirmary for nearly a year. Hear enough odd noises upstairs (top floor..), and had a neighbour who used to break out into fits of crazy laughter in the middle of the night.. but nothing too bad.

The rent is the scariest thing about that place.

i know who it was and they were robbing scrap they used to bring the dog to scare people or guards away so tell him hes alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I cant view those links for that house near carrolls cross ... Id love to know what house it is!

My father's family is from out around there too (Ballysionnock,up the hill behind Carrolls cross). And they have told me stories about strange goings on in their house too, Its a big old farm house. Noise from the upstairs attic-kinda room thats always been closed off. Seeing faces, my grandad died and a priest was seen by my father when they found him(my grandads brother was a priest) and their was no priest there. My aunts partner set up everything for the fire and went out to the kitchen and came back and the fireplace was empty...a few more stories but i cant think of them now.

I used to spend every summer there,and i never noticed anything, although it was a big,old scary house, Ive only been told about these stories recently(thank god).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭aquanaut

I heard a story, even though it's not Waterford, but up behind the golf course in Newrath when they were building the new road, a worker opened the gate to a small woods when surveying for the road. Anyway for months afterwards the people up that way heard screams like a banshee in the middle of the night. It turned out that 2 sisters years ago were riding horses when they came across the same gate open, 1 girl jumped the gate on her horse, came off breaking her neck and died. The other sister had the gate locked and vowed that no-one should ever open it again. Anyway, when this story was heard / discovered, the gate was locked and the noises stopped straight away. How mad is that?

Advertisement