Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

max life wrote: »
    I hate Suzanne...Really.....Evil....

I'm actually afraid of her. Starting to feel sorry for anyone who crosses her path these days, but obviously Damien moreso than anyone else.
    I was shouting at the telly last night for him to listen to Neasa. I just want him to confide in someone. And things are only going to get worse by the sounds of things.

He'll have to tell someone eventually though, so who do you think he'll tell first? I reckon it'll have to be one of the following:

Mark
    Neasa
    Dean
    Wayne
    Dolores

Personally I'd put money on him confiding in Dolores or Neasa. I'd say he'd be too embarassed to say anything to the lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

I think it's all going to come out in the wash! Someone will see something or Damien will confront her in a packed mccoys!! Agree re. The male characters, Damien won't tell them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I have narrowed it down to the below that he might tell:

Bela
    Dolores
    Dean
    Leo

0003d141-545.jpg

Suzanne and Damien.

In the beginning.......

Before all the fights, before life's pressures took over and before Suzanne raised her hand; Damien and Suzanne were once in love.

As their relationship descends even further to a dark and violent state, it's hard to imagine how carefree and close they once were.

Their relationship grew from being neighbours and good friends, when Damien made the bold move of asking Suzanne on a date.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/videoextras.html

Such a cute clip... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Elmo wrote: »
    Honor Heffernan I think played Dolores, not sure who played the other 2 but Jimmy was only a child actor often playing an extra role as part of a larger family, e.g. The Webster Family in Coro St, I would be very surprised if the Byrne Children in Glenroe where still in those roles if Glenroe still existed today.

Fair City did 2 things in its first year one was to employ non actors such as Rita and the other was to continue to attract well known theater actors (as they had in past Soaps). From what I could see the more established actors such as Kay McCoy's original actor who left soon after, Kay's husband was also killed off I assume by request of both actors, after seriously bad criticism in the press of the show at the time. IMO.

Catherine Byrne played Dolores initially. She now plays the part of Judith Dillon.

Good point re the McCoys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Oooh I'd like that last night Mark telling Suzanne he has a share in the house (so does his sister in Galway).

Trying to think of who will suss Suzy out.

I'm trying desperately to imagine myself in Suzanne's position and I can see where she's coming from everywhere she looks there's Nessa (stunningly beautiful), she has to cope with the whole Doyle family (including nursing fees), and she wants to believe Damien will be honest but he's not being totally upfront (money from McCoys job). So of course she's peed off. And why isn't she going over to see her niece Ruth.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

angel01 wrote: »
    I have narrowed it down to the below that he might tell:

Bela
    Dolores
    Dean
    Leo

I think Carol might figure it out. She has plenty of experience of domestic abuse, from herself and Tracey. Then she could go to Louie, who would violently dismiss anything bad about Suzanne. It could be pretty dramatic.

I think Carol might figure it out. She has plenty of experience of domestic abuse, from herself and Tracey. Then she could go to Louie, who would violently dismiss anything bad about Suzanne. It could be pretty dramatic.

Hmm, yes didn't think of that.. though I think it will go on for quite a while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Carol seemed very jealous last night. I think her and Louie would make a terrible couple. I would much prefer Louie to get it on with Mrs. High And Mighty ( that witch Suzanne )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Come on Damo grow a pair and stand up for yourself!! Tell Dean or Mark at least!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

deelite wrote: »
    Oooh I'd like that last night Mark telling Suzanne he has a share in the house (so does his sister in Galway).

This means Susan and Damo have no mortgage to pay then... wtf is she always complaining about money for then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

mloc123 wrote: »
    This means Susan and Damo have no mortgage to pay then... wtf is she always complaining about money for then :rolleyes:

I think they pay for the nursing home and Mark's Trinity fees, and obviously for pool cues and mobile phones:D

max life wrote: »
    Carol seemed very jealous last night. I think her and Louie would make a terrible couple. I would much prefer Louie to get it on with Mrs. High And Mighty ( that witch Suzanne )

They are a perfect match (Louie and Carol that is :D)

Sneak Peak!!

A sneak preview at the script for tonight's episode.

Suzanne has become increasingly controlling and aggressive in the last few months.
    When she found out about Damien's one night stand, she snapped. (As did the snooker cue!). But her temper is still bubbling below the surface, and her reign on Damien seems to be getting tighter.
    For any of you who can't wait for tonight's (Thursday's) episode, below is an exclusive sneak peek at the script. So, if you don't appreciate spoilers, click away now.
    Suzanne
    From now on I'll pay your allowance in cash.
    Damien
    Why do you need my card?
    Suzanne
    Because I don't trust you, Damien. And I want the codes for your internet banking.
    Damien
    You're joking.
    Suzanne
    You could get an overdraft or something, without me knowing.
    Damien
    Why would I?
    Suzanne
    Because you're a liar. And you're weak and if you want this to work you're going to have to change. I am doing everything. And all you do is lie and cheat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Come on Damo, grow a pair or get out of Carrigstown..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I'm watching now and I'm finding this suzanne and damien storyline very difficult to believe. I feel it's completely unbelieveable that Damien would have had such a personality transplant as to hand over his laser card. It's ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

oh dear lord that was appalling!

While I know that the topic of domestic violence is a serious one, and I have to hand it to FC for tackling it - I find it very hard to believe that it would happen to Damien's character. Had they introduced a new couple, it would have been much more believable. I'm not buying this situation tho:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Don't like this thread but have to say, what a cracking episode!

Don't like this thread but have to say, what a cracking episode!

Were you watching the same episode I was just watching:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

Fairly crap acting on that last scene.

Suspiria79 wrote: »
    Fairly crap acting on that last scene.

I thought Suzanne was hitting out the drum beat for the theme on his back.

It wasn't Eastenders:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

Looked like she was giving him a massage

They are limited to what they can show before the watershed. I thought the last scene was so powerful. Just wish I could rescue Damien. I am pleading with him to tell someone.

Please Bela call in on him and help him :(:(

This has made me hate Suzanne even more (if that was possible :mad::mad::mad:)

Come on Damo, grow a pair or get out of Carrigstown..

Its not easy. He loves Suzanne and he is threatened by her. Why do you think most partners stay when they are being abused. If you haven't been in the situation, don't judge.

What really gets me laughing is the "please call this number if you are affected by any of the issues in the program"... yeah I got hit with a cheese sandwich by a lad in secondary school, I'm still in counselling for it..

angel01 wrote: »
    Its not easy. He loves Suzanne and he is threatened by her. Why do you think most partners stay when they are being abused. If you haven't been in the situation, don't judge.

But see, it's unfair of you to say that - because it's completely unbelievable that this domestic violence situation would happen in these characters cases. There is no way that Damien would have put up with suzannes treatment of him that first time. No way. They should have picked any other two characters to deal with this topic - christy and carol for example - THAT would have been believable.

What really gets me laughing is the "please call this number if you are affected by any of the issues in the program"... yeah I got hit with a cheese sandwich by a lad in secondary school, I'm still in counselling for it..

I am sorry but finding your opinions very demeaning and downright insulting to people who are suffering from domestic abuse.

• Advertisement

Fittle wrote: »
    But see, it's unfair of you to say that - because it's completely unbelievable that this domestic violence situation would happen in these characters cases. There is no way that Damien would have put up with suzannes treatment of him that first time. No way. They should have picked any other two characters to deal with this topic - christy and carol for example - THAT would have been believable.

Damien has history of domestic violence in his family so it is much more believable than Christy & Carol. Why would Christy harm Carol when he wanted to treat her better than her past? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement