Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

who is the new model?? i mean actress sorry . . . . . the doctors daughter or something . . .way to pretty for fair city :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

A V A wrote: »
    who is the new model?? i mean actress sorry . . . . . the doctors daughter or something . . .way to pretty for fair city :P

You'll gave to narrow it down.... :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

like shes the newest one with her family and the dad sells vegetables

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

watched the episode yesterday afternoon.... i have to say, the scene with bob in the pub reminds me of internet forums! you know where they all jump on the abuse bandwagon.............bob was right - cowards! so many people can be very clique-ish can't they? i've noticed this in real life, not just on soaps!

the little noise bob made after his earshot discovery made me LOL
    look forward to tomorrow night's episode!

A V A wrote: »
    like shes the newest one with her family and the dad sells vegetables

Nah, I meant there's three daughters and they're all good-looking. The older blonde one is Neasa, played by Aoibhinn Garrihy. She's been in it on and off for a few months. She's something special, I think, but I like the whole family.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Really looking forward to tonights episode, I think it will be something special. I am bound to feel sorry for Damien by the end of it :( especially as Suzanne wanted to cheat with Louie days earlier :mad:

Just come across this article from the Daily Mail :eek::eek:
    Less than a year ago, she was being touted as a star of the RTÉ firmament, with an explosive Fair City storyline which earned her a nomination as TV’s top soap actress.

So when Fair City actress Ciara O’Callaghan disappeared from Carrigstown, the fictional home of the soap, in May, saying she wanted to take a break from the popular soap, many of her fans wondered why.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1313361/Did-Fair-Citys-Ciara-O-Callaghan-quit-Carrigstown-real-life-affair-RT-boss.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz0zxP3et2B

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Wow - he's a bit of all right isn't he.....

No wonder she was getting the decent scripts ;):D

Seriously, it will be good to have her back. Much missed in my opinion.

DailyMail wrote:
    So when Fair City actress Ciara O’Callaghan disappeared from Carrigstown, the fictional home of the soap, in May, saying she wanted to take a break from the popular soap, many of her fans wondered why believed her and still do.

FYGJ.

(Fixed your gutter journalism.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

The sizzling siren causing chaos in Carrigstown

ACTING UP: Aoibhin loves the wild role, but says she's not like Neasa
    She's the sizzling siren at the centre of Carrigstown's steamiest plot line.
    And actress Aoibhin Garrihy says she's relishing her role as the soap's reckless troublemaker.
    The Castleknock native has only just become a permanent fixture on the hit RTE series, but viewers are already glued to her character's every move.
    The 22-year-old plays the disruptive role of Neasa Dillon, who is being dubbed the new Helen Doyle, as she continues to stir up problems among Carrigstown's residents.

More

Epicurus wrote: »
    The sizzling siren causing chaos in Carrigstown

ACTING UP: Aoibhin loves the wild role, but says she's not like Neasa

More

I Hope there is more to her than just this "pretty" face. Noone can replace Helen for me :mad::(

I can't believe I'm already checking the clock counting down to tonight's episode. I hope it's good. Some of the big episodes in the last year have been a bit of a let-down, but I love the way this story has been handled so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Gibson101

angel01 wrote: »
    Just come across this article from the Daily Mail :eek::eek:
    Less than a year ago, she was being touted as a star of the RTÉ firmament, with an explosive Fair City storyline which earned her a nomination as TV’s top soap actress.

So when Fair City actress Ciara O’Callaghan disappeared from Carrigstown, the fictional home of the soap, in May, saying she wanted to take a break from the popular soap, many of her fans wondered why.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1313361/Did-Fair-Citys-Ciara-O-Callaghan-quit-Carrigstown-real-life-affair-RT-boss.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz0zxP3et2B

Regardless of this, I think she's being brilliant for the show. She played her storyline brilliantly and the sooner she comes back the better.

Gibson101 wrote: »
    Regardless of this, I think she's being brilliant for the show. She played her storyline brilliantly and the sooner she comes back the better.

I do miss her, I have to say. She has an unpredictability that makes you pay attention when she's doing a story. I would love to see her getting involved in crime, and maybe going up against the Bishop family. She'd wipe the floor with them.

She'd also be a good ally for Bob. They'd be like the Macbeths, I could see them stick the knife in Christy and take over the shop, and then go up against Louie for the pub.

For some bizarre reason I am a bit nervous about tonight. I like Damien an awful lot, and I have a great deal of sympathy for Suzanne, and I think this is going to pull me in two directions in a really uncomfortable way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Warning before the show tonight that it is "unsuitable for children", so somebody is gonna get battered.... Probably Suzanne. Cant see the point of that new family, they should have just moved Neasa to Carrigstown if they wanted to progress the storyline with Damian.

LOVING Bob... It's worth watching for Bryan Murray alone..

LOVING Bob... It's worth watching for Bryan Murray alone..

He's really something, isn't he? I think I would watch him sit at a bus stop for half an hour. He would find a way to make it mean something.

"You should have stood up." Brilliant line. And Louie's "is he packing a six-shooter?" is a really good acknowledgement of how like a western this is.

****. Now it's just got too hard to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Ha Ha, that ending was pretty funny hAAAAAAA weak thump, HAAAAAAAAA weak thump

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

WTF!!!!! JESUS CHRIST!!!

I just literally switched on and got the last 30 seconds of Fair City.

Seriously. What the hell is going on?? What is the storyline with Suzanne and the husband (can't remember his name). Like what is the background to her beating him.

(When I switched on I initially thought they were messing together or something and he was laughing, I was genuinely shocked when I realised what was happening).

Please someone fill me in on the leadup to this storyline.

Thanks
    amdub

Fair City genius. That was the best soap exit ever - AND IT'S NOT EVEN THE MAIN STORY!

Oh. My. God.

Some nights justify the amount of love we give to Fair City, and this is one of them. I'm going to get a beer and watch that again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

I was flicking through and saw this too but had no idea what the hell I was looking at. Can someone explain?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Spectacular episode, Bob was enthralling, chilling to watch. Poor Damien, left lying in the same spot where his mother was found. Very graphic and violent, its no wonder there was a warning before screening. It has to be the end of the line for Damien and Suzanne now. Well done to everyone concerned, great writing with great performances all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I'm going to get a beer and watch that again.
    I think I'll join ya. I was not going to have a drink tonight but I need one after watching that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Was that a golf club or a pool cue ?

I was thinking this is a lot like Tiger woods

amdublin wrote: »
    Thanks amdub

Well they werent getting on anyway, but Damian just told her that he had slept with Neasa (the girl who just happened to move in next door with her family)..

Disappointed in Damo, his Da would not be proud of him...

amdublin wrote: »
    WTF!!!!! JESUS CHRIST!!!

I just literally switched on and got the last 30 seconds of Fair City.

Seriously. What the hell is going on?? What is the storyline with Suzanne and the husband (can't remember his name). Like what is the background to her beating him.

(When I switched on I initially thought they were messing together or something and he was laughing, I was genuinely shocked when I realised what was happening).

Thanks
    amdub

Wow, that's a complicated question. Stop me if I start rambling, but I'll try to break it down.

Deep background Part 1: Damien grew up in a vioent home and eventually had to watch his father beat his mother to death. This made him very scared of violence, particularly of his own potential for violence. That's why he can't retaliate against Suzanne. And in a way, I think he feels like he deserves to be beaten, as revenge for what his father did to his mother.

Deep background Part 2: Suzanne grew up in a house where her father cheated relentlessly on her mother. Her mother is dying now, and Suzanne has no choice but to work with and take care of her father. All her hidden resentment at this male abuse of a woman comes out against her husband.

More Immediate Background: Suzanne is furious that Damien won't give her a child. (He can't, because he is afraid he will abuse a child the way his father abused him.) She resents this so much she is trying to cheat on him, and failing. So when she finds out that he is successfully cheating on her, she can't control herself.

There's also a lot of stuff about the recession, and his failure to get a decent job, and her overwork, and the fact that he slept with Neasa in part to pay off one of her debts - but that would keep us here all year.

Yes, it's probably the most emotionally complex story a soap has ever told, and somebody somewhere should be polishing an award.

lol @Meeja .. did Damian and Suzanne go to you for relationship counselling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭InisMor

jos28 wrote: »
    Spectacular episode, Bob was enthralling, chilling to watch. Poor Damien, left lying in the same spot where his mother was found. Very graphic and violent, its no wonder there was a warning before screening. It has to be the end of the line for Damien and Suzanne now. Well done to everyone concerned, great writing with great performances all round.

No I don't think it is.

Suzanne is unhinged and I'm willing to bet she'll stay with him just to abuse him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement