Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TODAYS CHEAPEST PETROL THREAD!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

sioda wrote: »
    In amber right now 1.56.7 for diesel

What is their unleaded price?

If they are low, then they should get a few shouts on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I think its about 160.7/.9 or thereabout Kess.

I think its about 160.7/.9 or thereabout Kess.

Was 162.8 there last night, so if either you or Surpasonic are correct with one of your prices, then it would mean they dropped down in price. Unusual enough sight nowadays.

Almost depressing to think that a price of 160.9 is now being looked at as being one of the "cheap" prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Chawkes 167.9. the two at the groody refelecting each other at the high end at 166.9, ever since topaz took over the esso, they're keeping with the rest of the topaz's and maxol across the road are copying them. Topaz Roxboro 165.9,

• Registered Users Posts: 23,720 ✭✭✭✭phog

The petrol station ar EuroSpar at Watchouse Cross ahs been branded Amber.

Any word on the petrol station on the left out the dock road has opened yet? It has been getting a facelift for the last couple of weeks.

• Advertisement

phog wrote: »
    The petrol station ar EuroSpar at Watchouse Cross ahs been branded Amber.

Any word on the petrol station on the left out the dock road has opened yet? It has been getting a facelift for the last couple of weeks.

It will be a Great Gas service station. Not gone past it in a week or so though so don't know how far along they are in terms of getting it ready.

I cant remember the prices but I noticed today that petrol is cheaper in Thomondgate than Groody but diesel is cheaper in Groody than Thomondgate.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

Lads is amber fuel a clean fuel, i was told that it clogs up your engine, is that true or horse ****e.

Beaver1 wrote: »
    Lads is amber fuel a clean fuel, i was told that it clogs up your engine, is that true or horse ****e.

A friend of mine uses the Amber station on the Old Cork Road since it re-opened, he does about 24k Kms a year and I haven't heard him mention any problems with his car.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

I have used Amber Old Cork Road and Monaleen Stores for the past 8 Years for diesel and petrol and never had a problem on two different cars + two different vans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Never had any problems with Amber

Last night, Topaz on the ballysimon road, the newish one, 164.9, two at the groody 166.9

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

As far as I know all the fuel in limerick comes from the same depot in Cork, only difference is each brand adds it's own additives

Chawkes 167.9, two at the groody 166.9, Emo clare street 164.9 and Topaz Roxboro 165.9

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Texaco Roxboro 165.9

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

Kess73 wrote: »
    It will be a Great Gas service station. Not gone past it in a week or so though so don't know how far along they are in terms of getting it ready.

Passed it this morning. It doesn't look too far off opening. The shop seems to be have stock in it. There was an insonmia van outside it so fingers crossed for some nice coffee as well as good diesel/petrol prices!! And would a working tyre pressure device be making the wish list too long?? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,120 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Great Gas generally are not that cheaper than their rivals. Granted when they open they probably will be a cent or two cheaper to draw business but give it a bit of time and they probably will be in or around what their nearest rivals in that location charge.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Great Gas generally are not that cheaper than their rivals. Granted when they open they probably will be a cent or two cheaper to draw business but give it a bit of time and they probably will be in or around what their nearest rivals in that location charge.

T'is probably why they chose that location in the first place

1ST Topaz on the dock rd 169.9, 2nd Topaz 165.9 on the dock rd, i'd say great gas'll be open by tomorrow or friday at the least

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

any stations in birr and up around knock.

im a student and i filled it when i saw 162.9

one station at that price was even a topaz!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

eldwaro wrote: »
    any stations in birr and up around knock.
    im a student
    Let me guess - geography?

^^^^^^^^

hahahahaha

164.9 Great gas out beyond corbally, applegreen 163.8, Topaz by the regional 169.9 same as the 1st topaz out the dock Rd, Maxol beyond the regional 169.9, bit of a surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

Great gas on the dock rd is open - 156.9 for diesel. The closed topaz to it is 157.9. Didn't get the petrol price unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

The Topaz with the diner on the dock road its magic there.
    You can fill up a five Litre can of petrol, but somehow the dials
    say six Litres. Thats pure magic;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

The Topaz with the diner on the dock road its magic there.
    You can fill up a five Litre can of petrol, but somehow the dials
    say six Litres. Thats pure magic;)

That’s because there is room for 6 litres in a 5 litre can to allow for expansion. ;)

That’s because there is room for 6 litres in a 5 litre can to allow for expansion. ;)
    Is that what they tell you;)

Have a look in Motors Methanol in Petrol all over the country.

Looks like where all getting shafted.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 1892

Topaz at the regional 172.9 this morning

• Advertisement

1892 wrote: »
    Topaz at the regional 172.9 this morning

Liverpool supporter? Your username caught my eye. :)

Now that the 170 mark has been broken in Limerick for Unleaded I reckon come the end of August we will be looking has unleaded going for 180+ :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement