Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TODAYS CHEAPEST PETROL THREAD!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Garveys in NCW have a deal where if you spend €50 or more in their shop, you can then get 20c a litre off the cost of your petrol/diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

Always buy petrol in Tesco as I'm passing by it all the time. I'm under the impression I'm saving money because of all the clubcard points but I may be completely mistaken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

chawkes 162.9 for petrol, two at the groody 165.9, amber old cork road 165.4 and topaz roxboro 169.9

padma wrote: »
    chawkes 162.9 for petrol, two at the groody 165.9, amber old cork road 165.4 and topaz roxboro 169.9

Weird seeing Chawkes as possibly the cheapest for unleaded in the city and the surrounding areas.

The Dock road trio were all 165.9 for unleaded this morning.

I know, tis odd alright, the cynical part of me was thinking they spiked it too much with this methanol stuff that was chatted about a few days ago :pac: Dalys cross Maxol last night was 164.9

• Advertisement

chawkes 162.9 for petrol, two at the groody 165.9, amber old cork road 165.4 and topaz roxboro 168.9 and Emo Oil Clare Street 165.9

Driving into Adare this evening from the Newcastle West side and I glanced towards the service station near the school to see their prices.

What I saw was a large roadside sign claiming that they were the last service station for fuel for the next 180 km.

Talk about an underhanded way to try and get tourists etc to spend money in your shop.:rolleyes:

Kess73 wrote: »
    Driving into Adare this evening from the Newcastle West side and I glanced towards the service station near the school to see their prices.

What I saw was a large roadside sign claiming that they were the last service station for fuel for the next 180 km.

Talk about an underhanded way to try and get tourists etc to spend money in your shop.:rolleyes:

They deserve a kick in the arse for that, although you should have got the prices :D 166.9 texaco mulgrave street, everything else was as above in my previous posts

They deserve a kick in the arse for that, although you should have got the prices :D 166.9 texaco mulgrave street, everything else was as above in my previous posts

167.9 was their unleaded price.

In a way, you can say they are correct as if they stay on the motorway there isnt another petrol station until they hit Junction 14 Mayfield by kildare. Still deserve a kick in the ass though.

• Advertisement

In a way, you can say they are correct as if they stay on the motorway there isnt another petrol station until they hit Junction 14 Mayfield by kildare. Still deserve a kick in the ass though.

I know that they are technically correct if a person stays on the motorway and heads towards Dublin, but if a person goes onto the motorway and heads for Galway then they are incorrect or if a person goes on the motorway and heads for Limerick.

Just thought it was a pretty underhanded way to do business, and that for a service station in Adare to put a sign up claiming that they were the last service station for 180 km is just a very cynical way to fool people, most likely tourists, into spending money there.

And it is not a hand written sign, it is a properly printed large sign that faces the traffic coming into Adare from the NCW side.

it's sneaky and greedy too, no doubt about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

A place on the way to dingle do this too, no doubt they get a few pulling in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

162.9 in chawkes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Just for comparison lads

164.9 unleaded at service station on ennis road by the tennis club yesterday afternoon just now
    165.9 at great gass ennis road
    163.9 at the groody roundabout stations
    166.9 at the dublin road maxol
    165.9 at the dublin road EMO

Chawkes still 162.9, two at the groody 163.9

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭phog

Amber at Watch house X

Petrol 163.8
    Diesel 152.9

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭leakyboots

phog wrote: »
    Amber at Watch house X

Petrol 163.8
    Diesel 152.9

That's very good for diesel

Chawkes still 162.9, two at the groody 163.9

Depressing that 162.9 is now seen as a "cheap" price. :(

Two months ago unleaded was 9 or 10 cent a litre cheaper than it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

I actually thought 1.70 would be the norm now. Seems to have slowed down a small bit at least.

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    Depressing that 162.9 is now seen as a "cheap" price. :(

Two months ago unleaded was 9 or 10 cent a litre cheaper than it is now.

A few months before that it was hovering at the 139.9 mark, anyways two at the groody the same 163.9, emo clare st, 163.9 and chawkes same at 162.9 Nice to see a downward trend finally. Last year it was rocketing with the Libya crisis, this year its the government hike plus the vat hike thats keeping it high IMO ;)

MAXOL BEYOND THE hospital 166.9

161.9, Chawkes, 163.9 two at the groody roundabout, 165.9 Topaz Roxboro and 164.9 Maxol Dalys cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

hopefully we shall see a trend now and rest follow chawkes ive actually got my petrol there last 3 times ever cent counts now.

165.9 the first topaz on the Dock rd, followed by 163.9 on the second Topaz, followed by 163.9 at the great gas. 164.9 o'brien kellys beside J.F.K and 163.9 in great gas beside the gaelic grounds ennis rd. Topaz beside the regional 169.9, usual crack out of them.

165.9 the first topaz on the Dock rd, followed by 163.9 on the second Topaz, followed by 163.9 at the great gas. 164.9 o'brien kellys beside J.F.K and 163.9 in great gas beside the gaelic grounds ennis rd. Topaz beside the regional 169.9, usual crack out of them.

Great Gas really have had quite an effect since they opened. Before they opened there was five stations that were consistently higher than most of the rest, and those five always stayed high longer than most of the rest when prices started to drop.

But since GG opened it has forced the two of the five that are on the Dock road to stay closer to GG in price rather than being able to stay price matched with the usually more expensive Dooradoyle/Raheen stations.

159.9 in chawkes. Queue is mighty long. The other stations would want to get their act together as they will clean up this weekend otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

161.9 at the independent station on the Ennis Road, and 164.9 in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭thats not gone well

159.9 in chawkes. Queue is mighty long. The other stations would want to get their act together as they will clean up this weekend otherwise.

I got 55 liters there this evening, full tank.
    however according to the on-board trip computer the range is only 375 miles.

normally on a full tank its ~500 miles.

I zeroed the odometer pulling out so well see how long it lasts...

I got 55 liters there this evening, full tank.
    however according to the on-board trip computer the range is only 375 miles.

normally on a full tank its ~500 miles.

I zeroed the odometer pulling out so well see how long it lasts...

I don't buy there but would be glad of the feedback. Got burnt b4 by them and am under my own promise.

• Advertisement

151.9 chawkes, 161.9 emo clare st, 162.9 two at the groody and 165.9 topaz roxboro

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement