Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TODAYS CHEAPEST PETROL THREAD!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

padma wrote: »
    So, 161.9 in chawkes, 159.9 in the two opposite each other at the groody roundabout, 158.9 in emo clare street took 40 euros worth and by the time I got out to Raheen it was closed at 12.10 so didnt get a chance to see, but put it this way in the city there's a 5c gap between emo clare street and the topaz this morning on the dock road.

just as an idea, you know those visit limerick signs coming in to town with the amount of car parking spaces advertised, they should delete the car park spaces and put up the prices of the petrol stations to inform everyone who is the most expensive. we could get the Limericks person of the year richard whats-his-name to promote it.
    Good idea!
    If you have a smart phone there is an app that pulls in info from pumps.ie based on your gps location. Prices are changing rapidly these days though. Went in the Dock Road today and the Topaz further from town was 2c cheaper than the other, 10mins later they were both at 163.9 for petrol.

No diesel info folks - it's the fuel of the devil and every lung clogging particle it emits kills a kitten. ;)

Texaco near the SouthCourt was 160.9 last night, but the "laser" pump wasn't working so I had to go to the cheaper of the two statons near the hospital. That was 161.9. (used to be maxol, is it topaz now? I don't take any notice of anything but the price...)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Add about 10/15c on to our prices for the price of petrol in Rome. Was there during the week and the prices were crazy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Mc Love wrote: »
    Add about 10/15c on to our prices for the price of petrol in Rome. Was there during the week and the prices were crazy!
    Similar "Irish price +10c" for petrol prices in Portugal if they are still following the trends I saw over a few visits.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

I havent driven my car in 5 weeks ive a 3 litre supra last time i topped it up it was 1.49 this getting crazy dunno how they expect to make money from people if there driving up these kind of prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,120 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Mc Love wrote: »

But do the Italians pay motor tax also or is it included in the price of a litre of fuel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Meanwhile in Kilcolgan.......................:(

423560_3474750751724_1359846531_3419489_888101744_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

158.9 in Clarina if you're willing to go out there for it. In case you don't know where it is, it's out by Patrickswell and Mungret

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

165.9 in the first topaz on the dock road, 163.9 in the 2nd topaz on the dock road, and a whopping 168.9 beside the regional topaz, maxol 100 metres up the road 164.9 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Kess73 wrote: »
    Well I will be curious to see if the Topaz beside the hospital goes to either 166.9 or 167.9 by the end of the week.

Is at 168.9 now. Such a predictable station for pricing though along with the two Topaz stations on the Dock road, and the Maxol on the other side of the Hospital.

One would almost think that it was a group of stations who all kept their prices a bit higher than the rest of the city and whose prices always moved upwards almost as a unit and almost never in synch with stations outside of that small grouping. Not that something like that would ever be done of course.

165.9 in the first topaz on the dock road, 163.9 in the 2nd topaz on the dock road, and a whopping 168.9 beside the regional topaz, maxol 100 metres up the road 164.9 :)

And when the rest of the station in Limerick start to average around the 163.9 to 165.9 mark, just watch that foursome stick themselves into the 168.9 to 173.9 bracket. Just a little prediction.

• Advertisement

funny enough the two on the groody roundabout last night, the maxol was 161.9 and the former esso, now topaz across the road was 164.9. They usually are neck in neck, but obviously Topaz cartel have some influence in rising fuel prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Is at 168.9 now. Such a predictable station for pricing though along with the two Topaz stations on the Dock road, and the Maxol on the other side of the Hospital
    Whenever i'm back in the city, i avoid those stations like the plague.<snip>. But i'd rather run out of petrol than support that sort of carry on. <snip>

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Reminder all that accusing people/businesses of illegal activities is against the rules here, so please try to avoid it.

Thanks.

164.9 in the two at the groody, 163.9 topaz roxboro and 160.9 Amber out the old cork road, keep posting lads.

Obviously only makes sense if your passing this way but Great Gas on the Tipperary Road just before Bearys Cross is 155.9 for diesel and 161.9 for petrol earlier today.

Maxol on the Dublin Road just before the Parkway heading out of town was 156.9 for diesel and 162.9 for petrol last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Groody

The Topaz on the Ennis Road and the Topaz just past the Coonagh Roundabout now at 166.9 for Petrol and 160.9 for Diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Just got diesel for 1.56 per litre at the maxol on clare street, coming up to the parkway roundabout. The emo before it had same for 1.55.

So, out doing my weekly payments to the banks and the credit unions, The 2ns topaz on the dock rd 165.9, the 1st on the dock rd 167.9, Topaz Thomondgate 167.9, Emo Clare Street, 162.9 got 41 euro's worth, bought a euro all cash and won 4 euro thus a 3 euro back, Texaco at roxboro roundabout 162.9, around the corner in Topaz 165.9, Then our friendly Topaz beside the regional 168.9 and 200 meters up the road Maxol 166.9

So, out doing my weekly payments to the banks and the credit unions, The 2ns topaz on the dock rd 165.9, the 1st on the dock rd 167.9, Topaz Thomondgate 167.9, Emo Clare Street, 162.9 got 41 euro's worth, bought a euro all cash and won 4 euro thus a 3 euro back, Texaco at roxboro roundabout 162.9, around the corner in Topaz 165.9, Then our friendly Topaz beside the regional 168.9 and 200 meters up the road Maxol 166.9

Will be interesting to see what the quartet will be charging by Sunday night/Monday morning.

My guess is 167.9 in three of them with the fourth charging 170.9.

I'd say you wont be far off Kess

• Advertisement

Campus (MTS opposite the A1 bar) on the Dublin Road, diesel was 154.9 yesterday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Diesel this afternoon in Amber was 156.7

Im dreading getting my supra back next week and having to put petrol in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

O'Sullivan's in Clarina is usually cheaper than Maxol and Topaz in Dooradoyle and not too far for people in the Dooradoyle/ Raheen area

amiable wrote: »
    O'Sullivan's in Clarina is usually cheaper than Maxol and Topaz in Dooradoyle and not too far for people in the Dooradoyle/ Raheen area

The Texaco in Roxboro and the station (Amber?) just beyond the Georgian village on the Ballyneety road generally beat O'Sullivan's by a cent or so a litre and would be closer again for folk in Dooradoyle/Raheen/Ballinacurra etc.

It never ceases to amaze me that when I pass the Topaz by the hospital (168.9 a litre) or the Maxol (166.9) that their forecourts are generally busy with people buying fuel.

The Texaco in Roxboro is currently 6 cent a litre cheaper, so for a person that fills their car each week there would be anything from roughly a €2.52 to €3.60 saving each week on buying fuel in the Topaz and that six cent gap is pretty much a constant all year long. That saving just gets bigger for drivers of larger cars and/or higher milage drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

The Texaco in Roxboro and the station (Amber?) just beyond the Georgian village on the Ballyneety road generally beat O'Sullivan's by a cent or so a litre and would be closer again for folk in Dooradoyle/Raheen/Ballinacurra etc.

It never ceases to amaze me that when I pass the Topaz by the hospital (168.9 a litre) or the Maxol (166.9) that their forecourts are generally busy with people buying fuel.

The Texaco in Roxboro is currently 6 cent a litre cheaper, so for a person that fills their car each week there would be anything from roughly a €2.52 to €3.60 saving each week on buying fuel in the Topaz and that six cent gap is pretty much a constant all year long. That saving just gets bigger for drivers of larger cars and/or higher milage drivers.
    The Texaco at Roxboro was 162.9 this morning.
    I think that's the same as O' Sullivan's at the moment.
    If the roadworks in Mungret were gone I'd prefer to spin out to Clarina than get over to Roxboro:)

158.8 with amber on te killmallock road updated today on pumps.ie

amiable wrote: »
    The Texaco at Roxboro was 162.9 this morning.
    I think that's the same as O' Sullivan's at the moment.
    If the roadworks in Mungret were gone I'd prefer to spin out to Clarina than get over to Roxboro:)

But they are not. :p

Pain in the bum that they are at times.

158.8 with amber on te killmallock road updated today on pumps.ie

Thought that was their diesel price. They were 162.8 for unleaded last night. They have the diesel price on top of their sign with the unleaded on the bottom, whereas most places have unleaded at the top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

In amber right now 1.56.7 for diesel

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement