Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,940 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

bill66 wrote: »
    Arrived at Stanstead this morning, no ID check.

Enjoy it while it lasts.
    Once, or indeed if, Britain leaves the EU I cannot see how it could possible continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,858 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

hdowney wrote: »
    Soooo. I got the email about refunds. I applied. Got an email saying 5-7 working days. That would have been Thursday 2 weeks ago. No money. Last week rang. They said itl be there within a couple days. No money. Rang today. The refund was still sitting there. Nobody had bothered to process it. Wtf like.
    I dont see why people like yourself think this is only Ryanair, and only now.

I had a bag nearly shredded by aer lingus and took a good 6 months to get my money and that was in a period with no strikes or anything that would explain why they were so slow.
    Abroad, any refunds from German rail (Deutsche Bahn) after a strike or whatever take months to come through.

Its not just Ryanair

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I dont see why people like yourself think this is only Ryanair, and only now.

I had a bag nearly shredded by aer lingus and took a good 6 months to get my money and that was in a period with no strikes or anything that would explain why they were so slow.
    Abroad, any refunds from German rail (Deutsche Bahn) after a strike or whatever take months to come through.

Its not just Ryanair

Where exactly did I say that I believed it was only Ryanair and only now? I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to find all airlines are like this. However, I am talking specifically about Ryanair because A, this is a Ryanair thread and B, it is Ryanair I booked with and who cancelled and held onto my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭donal.hunt

bill66 wrote: »
    Only because the airline insisted you had a passport to use their service. You did not need one to enter the UK.

Hilariously, it's next to impossible to do the same in the opposite direction. With security checks at most UK airports now, you need to show identification just to get into the secure area.

I believe it's down to the way their bundle Irish flights in with UK destinations (aka the infuriating "domestic" channel).

this is way off topic now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Can we expect the app/website back up and running at 5am or so? (Says 4am is expected)

Friend hasn’t check in yet and flights are at 8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭deezell

donal.hunt wrote: »
    .....this is way off topic now.

No it's not. Blame everything on Mr. Ryanair. He organised storm Ophelia to cover up cancellations. Brexit probably his fault too, too much UK immigration.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

deezell wrote: »
    No it's not. Blame everything on Mr. Ryanair. He organised storm Ophelia to cover up cancellations. Brexit probably his fault too, too much UK immigration.

That was actually the weird thing. AL cancelled loads of flights but Ryanair held off doing so. Seemed like the perfect opportunity to save some pilot hours when they couldn't possibly be blamed, surprised he didn't take advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,940 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Ryanair pilots at Stansted, Ryanair`s largest base, have rejected the latest pay and conditions offer by 60% to 40% with over 90% of pilots voting.
    Reuters are reporting that to date over 30 bases have also rejected the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Two passengers on the same booking. Can one check in online, get allocated a seat and then the second check in and purchase a seat beside the first passenger? I didn't book seats at the time of booking and reluctant now to pay RY's inflated seat fees. But I might stretch to one seat to keep someone happy :)

Return flight is AL, also reluctant to pay their newly inflated seat fees ( wonder where they got that brainwave from ? :rolleyes:)

Not sure this came up previously

A friend booked a return flight with Ryanair

Used initials only PJ

Passport is Patrick Joseph

Is that acceptable

Says on RY site minor name changes are free but is covered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Try it!

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Try it!

He went into manage booking and was able to change it to Patrick for free. To change it to Patrick Joseph was €100 so he left it at Patrick

Passport is Patrick Joseph but I know from my booking with both RY and Al you only need one Christian name ..... but initials are not acceptable afaik.

IMO it’s ok now, but time will tell.

No harm contacting the live chat when it opens tomorrow, they may do it for free.

Once had a terrible terrible misspelling of a last name, wanted to charge me €110 to change it on the website but live chat did it for free!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Cocobongo

You can do any changes on live chat for free if it’s within 24hours of booking, otherwise they normally see if it’s a genuine mistake or sometimes they treat it as an actual name change and you have to pay more (sometimes) than the ticket costs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

5000 yay

I found a fairly recent boarding pass of mine with RY, first name only on it but my passport shows two Christian names ( confess I never gave it a second thought), and I had and never have had a problem with any airline and I would always have booked with one Christian name.

Cocobongo wrote: »
    You can do any changes on live chat for free if it’s within 24hours of booking, otherwise they normally see if it’s a genuine mistake or sometimes they treat it as an actual name change and you have to pay more (sometimes) than the ticket costs

Spot on, new tickets would have been (a lot) cheaper than the €110. Thanks for reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CiaranWilliam

I have a return trip to the booked from Dublin to the Midlands but can no longer go, has anyone had any experience with changing the date of af a low cost trip?

• Advertisement

Agree with Fred ( unless the fares you paid were pretty high, in which case the change should be around €80 - and the new fares are under the old one in price.)

Fwiw many of RY passengers , and probably AL, just write off unused flights every year. I wouldn’t be surprised over if over Europe as a whole the figure wasn’t in the tens of thousands

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭deezell

joeysoap wrote: »
    Agree with Fred ( unless the fares you paid were pretty high, in which case the change should be around €80 - and the new fares are under the old one in price.)

Fwiw many of RY passengers , and probably AL, just write off unused flights every year. I wouldn’t be surprised over if over Europe as a whole the figure wasn’t in the tens of thousands
    Ive done it. Tried to change a return flight, change fee was a bit less than the a whole new flight and new date was cheaper than my original, but when I went to change the price quoted for the new flight was magically far more expensive than my original so the price to change was change fee plus difference, which, you've guessed it, was more than making a complete new booking. There were two different prices for the same flight. A normal booking price and an inflated one if using the change website. What a scam. I booked afresh, didn't cancel original and even checked in the original online for spite.

Yeah,I think that came up before as well. Two different prices for the same flight, can recall a poster capturing both on screenshots.

You can claim the taxes back but it’s probably not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Always, always, clear your History/Cookies before using Ryanair website.

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Always, always, clear your History/Cookies before using Ryanair website.

Is this a real thing? I've never had it affect me and I've tested numerous times.

I thought that it's based on how much traffic is looking at a page over a specific time, not if you were. I've watched fares and never found any discrepancy between looking at it on different devices/incognito mode/with cleared cookies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Kat1170

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Is this a real thing? I've never had it affect me and I've tested numerous times.

I noticed a price difference a couple of times when on the website numerous times over a few days looking for a flight. Now whether that was Ryanairs fault or mine I don't know.

Kat1170 wrote: »
    I noticed a price difference a couple of times when on the website numerous times over a few days looking for a flight. Now whether that was Ryanairs fault or mine I don't know.

Next time you spot it, post it here, seems interesting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 CiaranWilliam

Yes always a good thing to clear the history. It may not be a fact but always good to be safe when trying to save. I would have noticed price changes recently when myself and a group of friend were looking at flights regularly and the price was up and down, I even got the flight cheaper after they had booked which I thought was strange too. It may be a case of busier flights that this may impact more so.

Advertisement