Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,128 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

joeysoap wrote: »
    Jay , do you just scroll from one passenger to another at security, for instance at terminal 1, do you pass the phone back to the next person after the barrier opens?

At the security gates, I keep the phone and scan each one and then they go through the gate, my boarding pass is then last to scan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Sorry I meant at that sliding barrier thing which scans your boarding pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Ah right. We'll I've only used it from Knock and Girona so there's no sliding gates there so I can't answer the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭joeysoap

At the security gates, I keep the phone and scan each one and then they go through the gate, my boarding pass is then last to scan

Thanks, yep can see how that would work.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,502 ✭✭✭✭L1011

EasyJet still 31 days, and with sterling falling.......

Trip to Belfast is still an utter balls for most. Also the seating on their craft makes even the few oddly configured Aer Lingus planes feel comfy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Last time we had the two tickets on the one phone and the security fella let me hand the phone back so it worked grand.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Oh for god sake, I'm flying November 1st!

Check in the night before and you'll have the 7 days!

Check in the night before and you'll have the 7 days!

Only the outbound flight is with Ryanair! Glad to see it still says 25th October to check in.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marguerite2000

can someone clarify for me qbout online check in,never done it before,im flying
    24th nov back on 29th .So i need to check in from 20th , on outward journey ,and 25th on inbound journey ,is this correct.
    Very hard for people who are not good on computers and apps

can someone clarify for me qbout online check in,never done it before,im flying
    24th nov back on 29th .So i need to check in from 20th , on outward journey ,and 25th on inbound journey ,is this correct.
    Very hard for people who are not good on computers and apps

That is correct.

At your destination, go to an internet cafe and check in there and print your tickets if you find the app too hard or not to your liking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ryanair are cutting the check-in window from 7 days to 4 days from November 1st.

This means that you either have to pay a premium up front to allow you to check in for both legs early, or interrupt your holiday to find an internet café so that you can print your boarding pass to go home.

Can you use the Ryanair app as a boarding card? I've never used it.

http://www.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/ryanair-cuts-checkin-deadline-to-four-days-unless-you-pay-extra-35143491.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭irelandrover

You can use the app.

Works great as well.

Mr E wrote: »
    Ryanair are cutting the check-in window from 7 days to 4 days from November 1st.

This means that you either have to pay a premium up front to allow you to check in for both legs early, or interrupt your holiday to find an internet café so that you can print your boarding pass to go home.

http://www.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/ryanair-cuts-checkin-deadline-to-four-days-unless-you-pay-extra-35143491.html

The App is deadly and just got better. You can now (I never noticed this before) save your document details to the App to you only need to enter them once. Now I was only given the option for my own details and not my wife's so maybe there's a data protection thing or something. Honestly, try the App and you'll never print a boarding pass for them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Anyone else have the app randomly start and gobble up your battery life? When I say randomly, it's happened maybe 3 times in the last 6 months. I've set background data off etc.

Other than that, yes I also agree the the all is very handy to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭p15574

Jayop wrote: »
    Honestly, try the App and you'll never print a boarding pass for them again.
    ...unless you have kids with you - or does the app allow multiple boards cards now?

p15574 wrote: »
    ...unless you have kids with you - or does the app allow multiple boards cards now?

Allows for the full party in the booking on one phone. You just scroll though the boarding passes within the app when you need to show them.

I cant get past registering on the app,just keeps going from email to password continously.Am i doing something wrong,after i put in email.then password,only offers me the option of "next" then just goes back to email .

I cant get past registering on the app,just keeps going from email to password continously.Am i doing something wrong,after i put in email.then password,only offers me the option of "next" then just goes back to email .

Sorry can't help been too long since I did mine that I don't remember.

Are you using an account you already have with Ryanair or trying to set up a new one?

A new one.Havnt flown Ryanair in 8 yrs and probably will never again .too much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,459 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Mr E wrote: »

Just use the app in your phone. Data roaming costs 5c a mb, shouldn't cost more than 50c

• Advertisement

A new one.Havnt flown Ryanair in 8 yrs and probably will never again .too much hassle.

There's absolutely no hassle,can you care to explain what hassle you feel that there is when compared to another airline

Jayop wrote: »
    Allows for the full party in the booking on one phone. You just scroll though the boarding passes within the app when you need to show them.

On iOS it also adds them to your wallet so it's very handy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭Hoboo

ted1 wrote: »
    There's absolutely no hassle,can you care to explain what hassle you feel that there is when compared to another airline

Well I spent 5 hours yesterday trying to book a flight, and being continuously told I had taken too long.

Wouldn't even let me choose a destination unless I went through skyscanner.

Deleted cache, cookies etc in case my laptop was using an older version of the page. Deleted web browser completely and reinstalled.

Tried multiple different sites, .com, .ie, .de etc and to no avail.

Contacted support online.......Hi you're through to George, how can I help you?........and then nothing after that!

Finally found out Ryanair doesn't work on Macbooks!!!! WTF is that all about? Seriously.

On my last flight, as usual, I booked and paid for front row with leg room. Embarked very last, as is my choice and preference......why stand in a queue or sit on a plane while everyone else queues.......and was scolded by the head sky bunny for not getting on first. This was simply due to the fact she had let someone sit in my seat, which I had paid for, and now they had to move. Landside I'd have ripped her a new one, but unfortunately they have the power to have you removed for no reason, ie standing up for yourself.

That's only my last two experiences. I could write a book.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Hoboo wrote: »
    Finally found out Ryanair doesn't work on Macbooks!!!!

Total tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Delayed by over 6 hours on a flight last weekend with little interaction and a few meal vouchers...trying to claim fog as the issue which was frustrating, however the weather was fine.

On the upside, they're after paying out on an EU261/04 claim for €250 which I submitted on the day of the delay with little resistance..pleasantly surprised! (even if the link to claim is well hidden!)

Ryanair website doesn't work well on any platform, the app out preforms it several times over.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Hoboo wrote: »
    Finally found out Ryanair doesn't work on Macbooks!!!! WTF is that all about? Seriously.

That's rubbish, I've booked dozens of flights on a Macbook!

OH Dear. Someone didn't read the terms and conditions or buy travel insurance by the looks of it. http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/exclusive-man-hospitalised-with-bleeding-oesophagus-refused-refund-from-ryanair-35150267.html

• Registered Users Posts: 40,356 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

OH Dear. Someone didn't read the terms and conditions or buy travel insurance by the looks of it. http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/exclusive-man-hospitalised-with-bleeding-oesophagus-refused-refund-from-ryanair-35150267.html

Whoever photoshopped that picture should be sacked. its awful.

Best of luck to him if he takes it to court. He will need it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,502 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I would be surprised if a claim was even allowed to be filed at small claims. Other companies would pay out on such publicity; but Ryanair don't.

Advertisement