Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scam websites [Read before posting..'has anyone used/bought from..'?]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭triv88

http://www.****/ This is dodge site by gsmsolutionsltd.com.They charged me over 100 euro to "repair" my xbox 360 last year,which i later found out was not in need of repair at all.Cunning piece of work

"As seen on tv" yeah right:rolleyes::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gerfish

Just a note to warn people off " add.ie " AKA "Irish Free Classifieds"
    The electronics section ( Cameras, phones, TVs, game consoles etc.) is littered with ads from scam artists offering stuff at unbelievable prices. As always if it sounds too good to be true etc........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Paparazzi

triv88 wrote: »
    http://www.****/ This is dodge site by gsmsolutionsltd.com.They charged me over 100 euro to "repair" my xbox 360 last year,which i later found out was not in need of repair at all.Cunning piece of work

"As seen on tv" yeah right:rolleyes::mad:

Are the photos of their offices real? or are they taken from other online sites?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭triv88

It is not a real pic of this place thats for sure.There is no reception area at all or other staff to see

you ring a doorbell,speak to the guy through the intercom,he unlocks the main door and brings you into this empty landing area,all smiles,gives you a receipt,takes your machine,and then retreats through a back door like a trapdoor spider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 AddTeam

Gerfish wrote: »
    Just a note to warn people off " add.ie " AKA "Irish Free Classifieds"
    The electronics section ( Cameras, phones, TVs, game consoles etc.) is littered with ads from scam artists offering stuff at unbelievable prices. As always if it sounds too good to be true etc........

Hi,

This is the owner of add.ie here and I'd like to exercise the right to reply. As a free to list site (and one of the largest in Ireland) it is a challenge to moderate all ads at all times, however we do moderate ads on a daily basis....some get through as is the case even with the paid sites in Ireland. On a daily basis we delete many ads and review all registrations. The vast majority of advertisements on the site are genuine.

We encourage everyone to exercise due caution when replying to ads, and we have a knowledgebase here - http://www.add.ie/pg-help.html

Please report any ads you feel are dubious to addteam@add.ie and we will delete where appropiate.

Regards
    Alan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

http://www.trade-beauty.com/

Just a warning on these guys.
    Do NOT even think of buying anything from them!Prices ARE too good to be true and if you send them money through Western Union you can say goodbye to it!
    The website looks professional but its all just one big scam!
    Just letting everyone know before someone gets burnt.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

In fairness if your buying a N97 brand new online for $295 using Western Union and don't kop something is up, you deserve to be scammed tbh.

EDIT: not a bargain, so GTFO :P

donmeister wrote: »
    In fairness if your buying a N97 brand new online for $295 using Western Union and don't kop something is up, you deserve to be scammed tbh.

EDIT: not a bargain, so GTFO :P[/QUOTE

Well I know that but it might help someone who gets carried away!And I suggest you GTFO.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Dont GTFO, but do put the website in the correct sticky. Please see the following link.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055334539

http://www.trade-beauty.com/

Stay well away!Scammers of the highest order!

• Advertisement

cronos wrote: »
    Dont GTFO, but do put the website in the correct sticky. Please see the following link.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055334539

Done and dusted.
    Mods feel free to wipe clean!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭FredH3as

32zjcyt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

When you go to Check out, they spelt it 'Chect out'

You would think that they would spend time trying to perfect the site, to look legitimize

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

http://www.hkeles.com/

^^^^

Seems to be doing the rounds in emails. Getting the following message:

''Hi,
    I bought a TV last week from a website:www.hkeles.com. I have
    received the product. The quality is very good. They also sell
    phones,motor,psp and so on. Because of the financial crisis, their
    products are very cheap. by the way, they only sell new and original
    products .If you need these products, you can have a look . I think
    you will get many benefits.
    Greetings!''

It sends it to everyone in your address book apparently. Dont know how it works.

Either do I but unfortunately they sent the e-mail from my Gmail account (from googles searches, seems to only happen with gmail) to everyone in my contacts

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭lobber

Dancor wrote: »
    http://www.hkeles.com/

^^^^

Seems to be doing the rounds in emails. Getting the following message:

''Hi,
    I bought a TV last week from a website:www.hkeles.com. I have
    received the product. The quality is very good. They also sell
    phones,motor,psp and so on. Because of the financial crisis, their
    products are very cheap. by the way, they only sell new and original
    products .If you need these products, you can have a look . I think
    you will get many benefits.
    Greetings!''

It sends it to everyone in your address book apparently. Dont know how it works.

This happened to my gmail as well. I am getting loads of undeliverable mail notifications back as a result of it.

Am really curious how it got into my contact list?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭grizzly_beer

You can easily check if someone else has accessed your Gmail account,
    On Gmail if you scroll to the very bottom of any screen theres 3 lines of small black text, the top one is "last account activity" next to it is a link for "details" it will show you the last few times logged in and the IP address of whoever logged in.
    If theres no unfamiliar IP address then its probably a virus on your own computer doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭jos22

lobber wrote: »
    This happened to my gmail as well. I am getting loads of undeliverable mail notifications back as a result of it.

Am really curious how it got into my contact list?

samething happen to me and a friend.

logs show a china base ip addressed had access our accounts at the time of the spamming

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭lobber

I have a message now from gmailing me now advising me that they have detected 'suspicious activity' on my account and ask me to change my password.

Sometimes hard to know if this is legit!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Its a virus that runs on your pc and uses your gmail contacts.

Run Malwarebytes to clean it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭jos22

ya seem like seems like our accounts were harvested by botnets that infected PCs with keylogging or data stealing Trojan horses.

see artice
    http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9139098/Researcher_refutes_Microsoft_s_account_of_hijacked_Hotmail_passwords?taxonomyId=82

this seem likely as dont buy MS and Google phishing scam story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 hihohelen

anyone know if this site is fake profiledetective@newmailmarket.com. My son says to steer clear but I would love to join. I really would like to see if anyone has heard of it. dont see it mentioned on google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

hihohelen wrote: »
    anyone know if this site is fake profiledetective@newmailmarket.com. My son says to steer clear but I would love to join. I really would like to see if anyone has heard of it. dont see it mentioned on google.

thats an email address for a start.Listen to your son methinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 hihohelen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

First off did you get an un-solicitated(spelling?:o)email off them?if yes its dodgy.

Secondly its only for people in the states so unless you are living there its no good to you.

And lastly it looks cheap as hell.Like something i'd cook up after reading the first page of a web design site.

EDIT:also when you click on 'about us' right at the bottom it just just refreshs the page and gives no info

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭rameire

Got this address in a friends email that was hacked.

www.ollsu.com

the below is the email.
    <DIV>Dear friend,<BR>I am willing to give you a big surprise. I found
    a website:  www.ollsu.com . last week. They mainly sell phones ,
    laptops, tvs ,digital cameras and motorbikes. I ordered a tv . now I
    have got the product after 5 days. Its quality is very good.<BR>By the
    way, they only sell new and original products and their products have
    international warranty. Now , they are promoting their products, so
    the prices are very competitives. If you need these products, you can
    have a look. Don not miss the good chance !<BR>Best wishes! </DIV>

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Yellowsubmarine

http://www.adoos.ie/l/pet

I was looking at this website at the puppies for adoption and there was one ad. offering free yorkie terriers but said they were located in almost every county in the country! I knew this was probably a scam so i sent them an e-mail asking where abouts she lived. She sent me one back asking where I lived and saying she wanted to come and see my house and meet me and make sure it was a good home for the dog so I told her what county I live in and asked did she live nearby and told her it definately would be coming to a good home. She then sent me an e-mail back saying thats perfect, she lives in South Africa and if I could just send $200 for her to send the puppy over on a plane that I would soon have my free puppy! I know not all these adverts are scams but I just hope nobody falls for this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 lollipop08

Great thanx:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I was looking at this website at the puppies for adoption and there was one ad. offering free yorkie terriers but said they were located in almost every county in the country!

There is a woman in Galway who offers puppies or 'unloved' dogs to 'good homes' that she 'rescued' but she usually advertises in the paper .

Then you get an invoice and enough people pay to make it worth her while .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Anyone ever hear of this site .I think its a bit dodgy but nothing coming up in searches to say its fake

www.dvdhotspot.co.uk. Appreciate any help .Thanks

Advertisement