Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P2P (Bittorrent etc) configuration & use discussion...ongoing (Only place to post!)

Options
1484950515254»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

Terry wrote: »
    Appears I was wrong.
    I switched from µTorrent to qBittorrent, and seeded almost 17 GB in 4 hours.

You owe ED E some cash!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

degsie wrote: »
    You owe ED E some cash!
    It's in the post. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hegocork

sorry if this question has been asked but after 107 pages cant really check all ...

i use utorrent and a privite site -TL. Im not overly savy with the settings and set up as it was sorted for me by someone else and so not sure where to check the following.
    I would like to seed up more but have noticed in utorrent that I dont appear to be sharing up unless I am downloading at the same time so I asume my PC is closing the door so to speak when not downloading and doesnt allow uploading .

Anyone got a suggestion on what to check

thanks

hegocork wrote: »
    sorry if this question has been asked but after 107 pages cant really check all ...

i use utorrent and a privite site -TL. Im not overly savy with the settings and set up as it was sorted for me by someone else and so not sure where to check the following.
    I would like to seed up more but have noticed in utorrent that I dont appear to be sharing up unless I am downloading at the same time so I asume my PC is closing the door so to speak when not downloading and doesnt allow uploading .

Anyone got a suggestion on what to check

thanks
    Check that you are 'connectable'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hegocork

thanks degsie , will check when i get home , where exactly should i find this setting ?

• Advertisement

hegocork wrote: »
    thanks degsie , will check when i get home , where exactly should i find this setting ?

Find out which port uT is using and go to canyouseeme.org to find out if that port is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭eirman

My service was disconnected by my ISP without warning following one complaint by a big media company.

I signed up to PIA VPN and ran all the test torrents / IP / DNS Leak tests and I reckon that I'm good go.

However .....

I'm still very wary of resuming torrents.
    I'd love someone out there to monitor a torrent while I'm downloading it and check my visible IP.

This would would any torrent of your choosing.
    A torrent with a small number of leechers would be best.

Pmail if you're willing to help. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Strike = illegal = not allowed on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

You can test if they are HERE:

Looks like this could be useful.
    I suspect that Vodafone are shaping my video streaming services, netflix etc.
    strange how it only started to happen after declining their offer of their Vodafone TV package a few weeks ago.

Their must be some broken agreements/law if they are doing so surely?

Must say that problems only occur around 4pm until next morning.

kleefarr wrote: »
    Looks like this could be useful.
    I suspect that Vodafone are shaping my video....

Their must be some broken agreements/law if they are doing so surely?

They arent shaping, it just busy transit. Think of it like this: A busy motorway vs the police shutting down a lane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

ED E wrote: »
    They arent shaping, it just busy transit. Think of it like this: A busy motorway vs the police shutting down a lane.

Well that's what I would have thought, but it seems strange that most things were fine until a couple of hours after that phone call.
    What is the point of having fibre if it can't even handle a low quality stream anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

Hi all,

I have confirmed 200mb (average 170mb) download speed from Virgin on a small business account but no matter what content I try to download via qBittorrent I'm only able to achieve +/- 8 KiB/S which is pathetic.

Any suggestions as to whether this is a hardware/software or network (Virgin!!) problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Hi all,

I have confirmed 200mb (average 170mb) download speed from Virgin on a small business account but no matter what content I try to download via qBittorrent I'm only able to achieve +/- 8 KiB/S which is pathetic.

Any suggestions as to whether this is a hardware/software or network (Virgin!!) problem?

Use VPN. Virgin are known to block most, if not all p2p downloads. I can't download anything unless I use a VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Use VPN. Virgin are known to block most, if not all p2p downloads. I can't download anything unless I use a VPN.

Thnaks, turning on my VPN (I use PIA) plus unticking the 10kb rate limits which were set in settings :o seems to have improved things a lot.

Funny, in the past having PIA on actually slowed down my torrent download speeds as the VPN was slower than the UPC broadband but since Virgin have taken over it seems they are far more aggressive with P2P throttling.

They do not throttle peer to peer. Not at all. The only thing they do is redirect DNS for a small list of sites that they were told to.

Something in your own setup is f'ked if you're seeing speeds like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭OverRide

Does anyone know what would have caused a torrent to stop playing about two thirds through
    The picture just froze and when I try restart it,the error is file not supported

All previously played files now also giving the same error
    This is using serviio to play them on the tv over the home network
    They're playing fine on the pc itself
    The tv has the latest software update from a few months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

OverRide wrote: »
    Does anyone know what would have caused a torrent to stop playing about two thirds through
    The picture just froze and when I try restart it,the error is file not supported

Sounds like a codec issue with serviio itself?

Not familiar with serviio myself, is it possible to roll back to an earlier version?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭OverRide

Sounds like a codec issue with serviio itself?

Not familiar with serviio myself, is it possible to roll back to an earlier version?

Yeah I think it is,I'll try this evening
    It's wierd it stopped during play
    I noticed actually that the version of u torrent I used had just updated prior to be getting the last torrent download if that has any bearing?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Maybe it's down to the move to mkv format by some cappers? (MKV is a flexible, open standard video file format that has quickly become the preferred file extension for high definition video on the Internet.)

Are the problematic files mkv by any chance?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

I'd say you've a bad frame in there (slight download corruption). Some players (VLC for exmaple) can handle this and keep playing but others throw and exception and stop.

1. Stop
    2. Force recheck

That should find out if any chunks have flipped bits your side. If not the source could be dodgy. In that case remuxing with handbrake would be one option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

OverRide wrote: »

Did you restart your home router?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Any idea what's going on with internet being cut when using Stremio? Is there a way around this?

Advertisement