Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noobturnal thread*New posters to the nocturnal forum come here for introductions!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

It appears I'll need a title, let me think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Jaunte

Hello Nocturlings, how's it going?

I'm RubyOneNiner, I've lurked these here parts for many a time, now I'm trying to leave all that behind me.

I'm on no fixed schedule at the moment, so I've slid thankfully into a nice 12pm-5am day, and I'm edging towards a career in astronomy. The only time I ever astronomied properly, it involved staying up all night to program - I enjoyed it like crazy.

Point being - I like it here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Hello Nocturlings, how's it going?

I'm RubyOneNiner, I've lurked these here parts for many a time, now I'm trying to leave all that behind me.

I'm on no fixed schedule at the moment, so I've slid thankfully into a nice 12pm-5am day, and I'm edging towards a career in astronomy. The only time I ever astronomied properly, it involved staying up all night to program - I enjoyed it like crazy.

Point being - I like it here
    \o/hello,when you say lurked ,what do you mean ?lol

Conga lol no idea why youtube just threw it up:Dand spat it out

lurked<-- randomly read things all over the boards, whenever bored or during the "I have another 10 mins paid for in this internet café, hmm, where will I go?"

Not lurked in a crazy-lady-behind-the-bushes way! that costs extra...

I was intrigued by the conga video, but is not working?

lurked<-- randomly read things all over the boards, whenever bored or during the "I have another 10 mins paid for in this internet café, hmm, where will I go?"

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

stupid conga

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Helloo there!

I reckon you will be the official bubble blowing dragon of the nocturnal forum. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

SDooM wrote: »
    Helloo there!

I reckon you will be the official bubble blowing dragon of the nocturnal forum. :)

Hmm

Official CB Monikered Bubble Wielding Fruit Collecting Fluffy Dragon of teh Nocturnal Forum

*cracks knuckles*

time to get back in teh Title Creation thread, methinks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

trout wrote: »
    Hmm

Official CB Monikered Bubble Wielding Fruit Collecting Fluffy Dragon of teh Nocturnal Forum

*cracks knuckles*

Hey, he's still got it!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Steve_o wrote: »
    Hey, he's still got it!!!:D

dass roiiite ... it never left me :)

trout wrote: »
    Hmm

*cracks knuckles*

!! How did you know my girl scout name?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Kiss the Girls

Hello all, F.N.G here. Looks like you guys have a nice place to hang out going on here.

Hello all, F.N.G here. Looks like you guys have a nice place to hang out going on here.

Welcome to the mad house and enjoy. Feel free to dive right in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Geo08

Hey all, thought id do the formal introduction thingy seein as ive already done a few posts. Going back to college as a 'mature' student soon for a science degree & while i should be preparing for early mornings i am not :pac: the olympics are keeping me half entertained while the other half is buried in this board!!

Geo08 wrote: »
    Hey all, thought id do the formal introduction thingy seein as ive already done a few posts. Going back to college as a 'mature' student soon for a science degree & while i should be preparing for early mornings i am not :pac: the olympics are keeping me half entertained while the other half is buried in this board!!

And so it should be, welcome to the house of fun!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Greetings fellow nocturnalites,

I've been denying my nocturnal nature (and hence ignoring this forum) for far too long. I've been a nocturnal for many a year now. Unfortunately I'm currently working the daywalker shift because for some reason most companies see fit to only operate during ridiculous daytime hours.

But now I've decided to set myself free again, so hopefully I'll see you all more regularly (and hopefully manage to keep staying conscious enough during the day to keep my job).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

Hey im darren, im 16. dont write me off as a stupid kid right away, i have been told that i am quite mature for my age and i enjoy talking to adults as most other teenagers are complete tools, the ones i know at least.

im posting here as i tend to go to sleep at 6am most nights, and during the school year i do it at weekends (it would probably kill me if i did it everyday)
    so i thought to myself on seeing this forum "ooh sounds interesting, should give me somthing to do while i'm not sleeping"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Kiss the Girls

SDooM wrote: »
    Welcome to the mad house and enjoy. Feel free to dive right in!

Hey thanks, I'll dive just as soon as I find the deep end.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Teutorix wrote: »
    Hey im darren, im 16. dont write me off as a stupid kid right away
    No worries there, we have animan in the lair usually and he is only 15, and no we dont treat him like a kid(he makes sure of this anyway haha) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

No worries there, we have animan in the lair usually and he is only 15, and no we dont treat him like a kid(he makes sure of this anyway haha) :)

Well thats good to know, thanks :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

stevenmu wrote: »

I've been denying my nocturnal nature (and hence ignoring this forum) for far too long. I've been a nocturnal for many a year now.
    Howdy and Welcome:) you can never deny your true nature, and finally seeing the darker side of things can only be good, and being a paranormal mod is certainly helpful in that department :D

• Advertisement

stevenmu wrote: »

I've been denying my nocturnal nature (and hence ignoring this forum) for far too long. I've been a nocturnal for many a year now. Unfortunately I'm currently working the daywalker shift because for some reason most companies see fit to only operate during ridiculous daytime hours.

But now I've decided to set myself free again, so hopefully I'll see you all more regularly (and hopefully manage to keep staying conscious enough during the day to keep my job).

My job shifts from day to night shift with annoying regularity so I feel your pain! Welcome to Nocturnia. YOU WILL NEVER LEAVE.... Muhahahha.

Etc.
    Teutorix wrote: »
    Hey im darren, im 16. dont write me off as a stupid kid right away, i have been told that i am quite mature for my age and i enjoy talking to adults as most other teenagers are complete tools, the ones i know at least.

im posting here as i tend to go to sleep at 6am most nights, and during the school year i do it at weekends (it would probably kill me if i did it everyday)
    so i thought to myself on seeing this forum "ooh sounds interesting, should give me somthing to do while i'm not sleeping"

Age is just a number, welcome to the spooky forum.
    Hey thanks, I'll dive just as soon as I find the deep end.

That would be the lair. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

signing in

night shift worker for over 2 years now, only down side is lack of access to the interwebs during work :mad:

gino85 wrote: »
    signing in

night shift worker for over 2 years now, only down side is lack of access to the interwebs during work :mad:

It happens :)

Welcome to the mad house!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

GoOd eVeNinG... COmmishhhEner......

*ahem*

yeah, hi and all that. Overworked and underpaid coder reporting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

*ahem*

Greetings.

*ahem*

Do you like cheese?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Do you like cheese?

Amazingly, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭ewj1978

hi gang... I'm jim..EWJ if you play cs:s or bf2..i'm on nights doing security and bygum tis boring...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Stay_in_Kampuchea

My Name is Charles Manson, I was born somtime in the 20th century, and I'm a perfect example of what LSD does to a human.

Really im J and I work nights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭ewj1978

isn't roy keanes brother called J? ooh 1 and a half hours till gift grub...go on you wild thing...

Advertisement