Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noobturnal thread*New posters to the nocturnal forum come here for introductions!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Hi, I've been on boards for a while but generally just stay up lurking all night and not posting.. I've decided to change that, and what better place to start than here!
    Bit of a lurker so I thought that I'd say hello to you all :D

No need for lurking on boards its mostly full of decnet skins with the odd asshole :D just like the outside world :).

Welcome.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Hi, I've been on boards for a while but generally just stay up lurking all night and not posting.. I've decided to change that, and what better place to start than here!
    Bit of a lurker so I thought that I'd say hello to you all :D
    Welcome aboard folks

Hi! I works late sometimes! So here I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Sacramento wrote: »

Welcome :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Sacramento wrote: »
    Welcome aboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Ok i know it's the middle of the afternoon but i just read the Simple Rules etc and me thinks here will be just as, if not more so comfortable than my couch at 4am. The Sandman divorced me and all I got in the settlement was custody of Insomnia. So hey :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

Thumby wrote: »
    Ok i know it's the middle of the afternoon but i just read the Simple Rules etc and me thinks here will be just as, if not more so comfortable than my couch at 4am. The Sandman divorced me and all I got in the settlement was custody of Insomnia. So hey :-D

welcome abroad:)

Thumby wrote: »

Welcome :)

Why ty muchlies smiler_lady150 :-)

Ooppss and ty to hugo too. :-)

• Advertisement

You should do well in here Thumby

You should do well in here Thumby

Ty Cyberwolf. I'd say so considering I've been up since 3am and still ain't tired, on top of that i'm out of books to reread as well. Looks like i'm going to have to switch from my ususal sci-fi/fantasy to some of the biographies lying around, although feck knows where they came from :D

Sometimes biographies are fun

True but not my preferred reading material. Although I will say the one I rooted out a lil bit ago looks interesting alright. "Mad Dog" Johnny Adair, the former UDA/UFF s**thead. He's a nut job and a psycho but still I like trying to figure out how people's minds work.
    Sorry mods, didn't mean to drag off topic :-(

Try badassoftheweek for some real interesting reading material

Try badassoftheweek for some real interesting reading material

Jaysus, I can be thick sometimes. I'm apologizing to the mods for going off topic and I never even copped that you just so happen to be a mod. *facepalm moment* and thanks very much, i'm having a nose through it now :D

I'm an Hmod for a forum entirely different from this one

Fair enough :-)

I'm liking that site by the way, it's very well written which really appeals to the literary geek inside me :D

Truly it is a great site to dig through. Language is a bit earthy, but the man behind it has a degree in history

It has me in absolute stitches, i'm just finished reading Macgyver. (I'm easily amused when lacking severe amounts of sleep) :D

• Advertisement

Reading always helps me unwind enough to sleep

Not for me, if i start reading at night then there's no way in Hades i'm getting to sleep. I can't even put down the crappy ass books that should have been burned when they were printed, I have to finish the damn things. Which is why i'm refusing to read "50 Shades of ****e Grey".

I wouldn't read that on a bet

I wouldn't read that on a bet

I might get it for the hospital when I go in to have the babs, I'll need something to put me asleep. Maybe the aforementioned tripe will be the exception to my reading rule???

You can only hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Hello!

Palytoxin wrote: »
    Hello!
    Welcome to the darkness

Hello!

Heya :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

Hello!

Welcome:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Ehrmantraut

I am Ehrmantraut but my friends call me Jon. So you lot best call me Ehrmantraut.

I jest.

Advertisement