Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Season - Winter League 2008/09

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

Money shall be in by tomorrow afternoon.

In response to the above post, we're going with Tuesdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Des did you pick the monday/tuesday slot?

****e, we forgot about this discussion didnt we? i assume the mon/tues slot is th best. i know its not good for you, but if you want to join the team, is there any chance that you could move you tuesdays game?

about money, lads get it in......me and art transferred and dan should be transferring also, if not already done.

EDIT : me, art and dan paid.

Des, it may not clear until monday though, aib. i transferred money to my sister acc and it took 3 working days for some reason.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

****e, we forgot about this discussion didnt we? i assume the mon/tues slot is th best. i know its not good for you, but if you want to join the team, is there any chance that you could move you tuesdays game?

about money, lads get it in......me and art transferred and dan should be transferring also, if not already done.

Afraid not Ed, we've been playing on Tuesdays for over 4 years now as with other lads training it was the only day that suited everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Just to remember that Dave is still away and wants to play this season so he wont be able to pay til he gets back whenever that is. Also apologies for disappearing the last week but I was seriously sick with gastroentritis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

I've sent the cash, could take the 3 days to clear like Ed mentioned though

• Advertisement

Afraid not Ed, we've been playing on Tuesdays for over 4 years now as with other lads training it was the only day that suited everyone.

is it just a kick about or competitive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

Money sent. Apologies on the delay - BOI are beyond useless

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

is it just a kick about or competitive?
    Its a competitive kickabout!
    Its pretty much been the same lads for the whole time

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Payment sent btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Eleven paid.

That doesn't cover the costs lads, so I haven't applied yet.

Seven places left in the league we want.

Get the bleedin' money in lads, can you?

ffs.

edit, two of the eleven didn't put names on the transfers, so I have absolutely NO idea who they are.

CREDIT TRANSFE 993014
    CREDIT TRANSFE 694368

Does anyone recognise these numbers?

• Advertisement

I'm nearly 100% sure the first one is me but I forgot to save the confirmation. Does it give you any other information?

I'm nearly 100% sure the first one is me but I forgot to save the confirmation. Does it give you any other information?

Sorry Iain, it's not you

Martin
    Mick
    Jules
    Iain
    Simon
    Ed
    Dan
    Derek
    ??
    Cathal
    Art

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

993014 is me and i had me name on the slip.............useless boi!

thats alright then. Sorry for trying to steal credit for your money Derek:D

I'll transfer in on friday lads,

Des do you know when the fixtures are out?

No idea tbh, as soon as Astro release them, I'll have them posted here.

Des wrote: »
    No idea tbh, as soon as Astro release them, I'll have them posted here.
    Cheers Des,
    Lads if anyone needs a lift from the tallaght luas let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Just to remember that Dave is still away and wants to play this season so he wont be able to pay til he gets back whenever that is. Also apologies for disappearing the last week but I was seriously sick with gastroentritis.

Cheers Martin. Sorry for the lack of response on here, been travelling along the coast of America as cheaply as possible so haven't had much internet access. I'm back the 16th of September but realistically won't be able to pay until I get home as I'm struggling for money over here as it is. If that's ok then I'd be more than happy to play again this season but if not then I understand!

I'll transfer in on friday lads,

I thought you can't play on Tuesdays or was that another poster?

WeAreShels wrote: »
    Cheers Martin. Sorry for the lack of response on here, been travelling along the coast of America as cheaply as possible so haven't had much internet access. I'm back the 16th of September but realistically won't be able to pay until I get home as I'm struggling for money over here as it is. If that's ok then I'd be more than happy to play again this season but if not then I understand!

I'm sure with that goalscoring record of yours Des can sort something ;)

• Advertisement

I thought you can't play on Tuesdays or was that another poster?

No thats me, I'll have to see what the fixtures are like and see how many I can get to.

Well if there's 5 hours available each week and one of them is on a Monday then we might play max 5 games on a Monday out of 18 games in total.

Well if there's 5 hours available each week and one of them is on a Monday then we might play max 5 games on a Monday out of 18 games in total.

Yeah i know but depending on the time they games are on tuesdays I could end up being able to go to a lot of them or none at all.

Yeah i know but depending on the time they games are on tuesdays I could end up being able to go to a lot of them or none at all.

so what is your slot on Tuesdays that you currently play on?

so what is your slot on Tuesdays that you currently play on?

half 8 to half 9. So if there's a 7.30 kick of or before or a 9.30 kick off or later I can make the games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

half 8 to half 9. So if there's a 7.30 kick of or before or a 9.30 kick off or later I can make the games

Realistically you would make the 10 o'clock kick offs in St. Judes(no more than 4 games I'd say) and Monday games, unless you can click your fingers and magically appear in another location instantaneously:D

7.30 kick offs are the earliest so if you plan on making your 8.30 game you wouldn't be available for them.

Yeh but you're hardly gonna be 100% if you've been playing an hour beforehand. I don't mean to be sounding like we're not interested in having you play but we're interested in players who can commit to being at every game bar the odd few. And unless our fixtures are all Mondays or 7.30 on Tuesdays (which is just 2 out of the 5 timeslots) you wont be able to do that. Commitment is a huge thing. We never have the same team out there every week and that's caused us huge problems.

Yeh but you're hardly gonna be 100% if you've been playing an hour beforehand. I don't mean to be sounding like we're not interested in having you play but we're interested in players who can commit to being at every game bar the odd few. And unless our fixtures are all Mondays or 7.30 on Tuesdays (which is just 2 out of the 5 timeslots) you wont be able to do that. Commitment is a huge thing. We never have the same team out there every week and that's caused us huge problems.

I understand, I've spoken to Ed about it and he said to come down anyway until the fixtures are announced. But I'll leave this one up to the manager to make the call :o

Ah yeh, it's obviously Des's call in the end and no harm in you still coming along.

• Advertisement

Ah yeh, it's obviously Des's call in the end and no harm in you still coming along.

I'll have to make sure I impress then tonight :D

Advertisement