Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls Only - No Manginas Allowed!

• 11-07-2008 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Hi Gals

Just thought we might benefit from a Girls Only thread. After all we are currently representing only 22% or thereabouts of the total PSNI service at the moment, though they are aiming to get this up to 25%, the highest of any force in the UK (Yay!)

So for a gals perspective on all things PSNI, be it the recruitment process, or perhaps you're already in Garnerville training, or just gal chat, lets post it here and leave the testosterone out of it!

"Remember, Ginger Rodgers did everything that Fred Astaire did but she did it backwards and in high heels!!!!"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

MANGINA!!! LOL! eeeuugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

:p

I could have said worse....... LOL

I dread to think! ha ha!

LOL Decided to keep it clean as PSNI would proably crack up and delete our little girly thread!!

Anyway, how did you find your AC? How long did it last? How many were there as well - they seem to be quite small groups too - were there many girls?

Mine just under four weeks away, cant wait to get it over with! Nervous but kind of excited too!!:p

Is this your first time applying?

Will I ever stop asking questions????? LOL :D

LOL Decided to keep it clean as PSNI would proably crack up and delete our little girly thread!!

Anyway, how did you find your AC? How long did it last? How many were there as well - they seem to be quite small groups too - were there many girls?

Mine just under four weeks away, cant wait to get it over with! Nervous but kind of excited too!!:p

Is this your first time applying?

Will I ever stop asking questions????? LOL :D

LOL.:D

My AC wasn't too bad, i definately think I got better as I went along, i.e. the first roleplay was my worst as your not exactly sure what to expect when you walk in that room.

There was only 8 of us there, 4 ladies & 4 guys funny enough.

I know what you mean, i was nervous in the run up, but on the actual day i relaxed as the process went on, plus the consensia people who "check you in" were really nice which helps!

I've done the IST 3 times, missed it by 1 mark my 1st attempt, then by a couple of marks on my 2nd. So glad to have got a bit further this time, and if i don't do well in Medical or merit pool at least i'll know what to expect next time.

Good luck with yours!! and serioualy asking questions is the best way!!!

• Advertisement

This is my first time applying, initally failed the IST by 2! Then got the reprieve letter from Consensia so mega chuffed.

I am dreading the roleplays most I think. Does the time fly in or drag in them? I will be sweating buckets and shaking like a leaf most likely!!

They do seem like quite small groups for the AC so hopefully it should whizz by with not too much time waiting around for the head to pickle!

Were all the girls there smartly dressed? I think you'd feel crap if you rolled up mega casual and everyone else was in their Sunday best LOL
    Anyway after its over I will be out the door and head first into the nearest bar for a very large G&T!!!

Lets hope third times the charm for you!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

The P to the Y to the G is in the house!!!!!

To all the girlies waitin to do the AC you can ask me anythin (within reason:P)

9 days till i get my results:)

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

MGH- are you the moderator of this thread then? or is it PSNI!!!! Im guessing PSNI is a guy so he probably wont be about much on this thread!!!!! He is prob glad to get an end to- "shall i wear heels to the AC or will my feet get sore" :D:D

lol Constable PYG

She's arrived!! Hellooo sista!!

Noooo, PSNI would be the moderator of this thread as with all the others so you'll still have to toe the line ( in Dior of course!! )
    Ooh our ranks are swelling nicely over here in girly land lol

:cool: We rock!

She said - 'hey sista its really really nice ta meet ya..........'

Name that tune?!

Just had a late lunch/early dinner there. Thai Green Curry with rice and garlic bread!!!

You know who is sailing round belfast in his tangi!!!! I have named the tangi Rosie!!!! The other one i named Jade, she got hurt in a riot though a while back and had to go to the doctor!!!

Rosie the Tangi??? Are ya Shi**ing me?? Surely it should be Trevor. Or Tina. Yep, Tina Tangi!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Dinner sounds nice I am having pasta ( allowed carbs today as its the weekend!)

Cant name that tune. Stumped!

Have a good night tonight laydee and dont get into any trouble. You can of course get into the back of a tangi LOL

Havent texted him yet. Its bloody killing me tho.
    Need a drink.
    :D

• Advertisement

Rosie the Tangi??? Are ya Shi**ing me?? Surely it should be Trevor. Or Tina. Yep, Tina Tangi!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Dinner sounds nice I am having pasta ( allowed carbs today as its the weekend!)

Cant name that tune. Stumped!

Have a good night tonight laydee and dont get into any trouble. You can of course get into the back of a tangi LOL

Havent texted him yet. Its bloody killing me tho.
    Need a drink.

His TSG group are the reds so roses are red and therefore the tangi is now known as rosie!!!! He was doing a special operation a while ago and the crew were the Jades so that where that tangi's name came from!!!! He hates it if i called a tangi a riot van:mad:

You know that song i know you do!!! THINK!!!!!!! tick tock tick tock

Im heading out soon to see what i can see. Iv been told im really nosey!!!!! Im like SO!!!!!

Ps- all vehicles are girls so get trevor out of your blonde, man filled, police filled, garnerville filled, wine filled head hun:D:):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭,8,1

Men and manginas are two different entities actually.

A man is one who has retained his masculinity even in this Matriarchal society that we now inhabit; a mangina is one who has thrown it in an attempt to support the feminist revolution.

While there are an excessive number of manginas in the Western world, I would wager to say that most male applicants for the police force would not be of this regressive disposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

,8,1: do you rub your hands with glee when women get the sh1t get kicked out of them by their husbands/partners? Seeing as you hate women so much...

,8,1 wrote: »
    Men and manginas are two different entities actually.

A man is one who has retained his masculinity even in this Matriarchal society that we now inhabit; a mangina is one who has thrown it in an attempt to support the feminist revolution.

While there are an excessive number of manginas in the Western world, I would wager to say that most male applicants for the police force would not be of this regressive disposition.

You dont get out much do you?

Thanks Dudess. Nice to see that some of us still have A SENSE OF HUMOUR.

Which, FYI, as a female police officer in a male dominated workplace will be fecking useful.

Ps- all vehicles are girls so get trevor out of your blonde, man filled, police filled, garnerville filled, wine filled head hun:D:):p

Tina it is then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P

She said - 'hey sista its really really nice ta meet ya..........'

Name that tune?!

ESTELLE - AMERCIAN BOY!!!!!!!!!!
    She gets there in the end God bless 'er!!!

This is my first time applying, initally failed the IST by 2! Then got the reprieve letter from Consensia so mega chuffed.

I am dreading the roleplays most I think. Does the time fly in or drag in them? I will be sweating buckets and shaking like a leaf most likely!!

They do seem like quite small groups for the AC so hopefully it should whizz by with not too much time waiting around for the head to pickle!

Were all the girls there smartly dressed? I think you'd feel crap if you rolled up mega casual and everyone else was in their Sunday best LOL
    Anyway after its over I will be out the door and head first into the nearest bar for a very large G&T!!!

Lets hope third times the charm for you!!!!!

Thanks! I really want this... don't we all!!! I thought the roleplays went in quickly, and it's fine if your resolve the problem before the 5mins are up! I reckon after your 1st one you'll feel more confident about what to expect for the next 2 and you'll do great!

Yeah i was surprised it was only 8 of us, i started at 9am and was out by 12 so there isn't too much waiting around, any time i did have, i just read over the green sheet to remind myself of the competancies - not sure if they sank in or not though!

I agree about dressing for an interview, I went in all black, heels included. 2 of the other girls were dressed smart and one was in jeans. I also opted for natural makeup and didnt' wear much bling! :D

Seeing as it's in a hotel you should be able to get that G&T easy enough!! :D

His TSG group are the reds so roses are red and therefore the tangi is now known as rosie!!!! He was doing a special operation a while ago and the crew were the Jades so that where that tangi's name came from!!!! He hates it if i called a tangi a riot van:mad:

Im heading out soon to see what i can see. Iv been told im really nosey!!!!! Im like SO!!!!!

PGY, is your partner in TSG? My ex boyfriend is a constable, hearing about his training and first 2yrs made me want the job! :)

Fo wrote: »
    Thanks! I really want this... don't we all!!! I thought the roleplays went in quickly, and it's fine if your resolve the problem before the 5mins are up! I reckon after your 1st one you'll feel more confident about what to expect for the next 2 and you'll do great!

Yeah i was surprised it was only 8 of us, i started at 9am and was out by 12 so there isn't too much waiting around, any time i did have, i just read over the green sheet to remind myself of the competancies - not sure if they sank in or not though!

I agree about dressing for an interview, I went in all black, heels included. 2 of the other girls were dressed smart and one was in jeans. I also opted for natural makeup and didnt' wear much bling! :D

Seeing as it's in a hotel you should be able to get that G&T easy enough!! :D

I would quite a smallish group and in and out quickly!!! I am near the very end of the AC run so think it most likely will be. But you never can tell!!!

Bought a cracking trouser suit and killer heels so will deffo LOOK the part...whether I can pull it off on the day remains to be seen!!!

Cant believe someone turned up in jeans - seriously, basically its an interview for a job where the uniform is paramount - why wouldnt you demonstrate you can be well turned out?!!

Have already made arrangements with a mate for a liquid lunch afterwards in the Kitchen Bar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL And maybe some shopping as a reward;)

No sleep night before + g&t on empty stomach = pished by 3 oclock!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Dunnes do great sports bras at decent money! M&S do too but more expensive.

They keep my 36c's in check whilst on the treadmill!!!

Jaysus, I used to be a FAT girl, and the boobs were 40D - can you imagine me trying to run with those.....:eek:
    Black eyes all round - there wouldnt be a sports bra in the world that could contain those puppies!!!!!!!

So glad I've lost 6 stone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Dunnes do great sports bras at decent money! M&S do too but more expensive.

They keep my 36c's in check whilst on the treadmill!!!

Jaysus, I used to be a FAT girl, and the boobs were 40D - can you imagine me trying to run with those.....:eek:
    Black eyes all round - there wouldnt be a sports bra in the world that could contain those puppies!!!!!!!

So glad I've lost 6 stone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

OMG!! :eek:

That is amazing, 6 stone? Wow. That's something to be really proud of, go you!

I'm an abnormal 34F at present :((eaten too may pies, would normally be a 34E) so that's why i'm worried, I haven't been to the gym in 6 months, since I moved back to N.Ire from a short stay in England so unfit at the mo.
    I've got a membership all arranged to start 1st August, the gym is being renovated.

Cheers for the advice on bras! I hear they really beast ya in G'ville!

oh and i agree, uniform is paramount - jeans @ AC is a bad look!

P.s. I cant believe you lost 6 stone, you are amazing.

You got it sista:D

BUT here's another-

"hey sista, go sista, flow sista, soul sista"

HAHAHAHA

Yeah he is somethin like that;)

Not sure if id want to be a TSG tho, Road Policing is my aim as MGH could tell you:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

Hello there fellow women of the world. Don't know why my username is coming up as JVB, because my name is Delia and 'I'm a lady' (cue David Walliams voice) :D
    Yes I know, I know, I've already got my coat and I'm leaving. Just couldn't help sticking my nose in :D Speak to yas back in general population sometime girls.

*Lady Marmalade by the way ;)*

Yeah he is somethin like that;)

Not sure if id want to be a TSG tho, Road Policing is my aim as MGH could tell you:D:D

lol ;)

Yeah I agree, TSG not my cup of tea. i'm too small for it anyway i reckon, 5ft3!

JVB wrote: »
    Hello there fellow women of the world. Don't know why my username is coming up as JVB, because my name is Delia and 'I'm a lady' (cue David Walliams voice) :D
    Yes I know, I know, I've already got my coat and I'm leaving. Just couldn't help sticking my nose in :D Speak to yas back in general population sometime girls.

Oh JVB, think we could give you an honourary vagina. Your views on periods, lipstick, and how the psni issue trousers will make our asses look big etc will be warmly welcomed!!!!!:D

lol ;)

Yeah I agree, TSG not my cup of tea. i'm too small for it anyway i reckon, 5ft3!

Oh I'm only 5'5" and TSG is totally my goal after 2 years probation!!!!

Us gals can kick ass with the best of them!!!!!!!!!

OMG!! :eek:

That is amazing, 6 stone? Wow. That's something to be really proud of, go you!

I'm an abnormal 34F at present :((eaten too may pies, would normally be a 34E) so that's why i'm worried, I haven't been to the gym in 6 months, since I moved back to N.Ire from a short stay in England so unfit at the mo.
    I've got a membership all arranged to start 1st August, the gym is being renovated.

Cheers for the advice on bras! I hear they really beast ya in G'ville!

oh and i agree, uniform is paramount - jeans @ AC is a bad look!

P.s. I cant believe you lost 6 stone, you are amazing.

Yeah six stone and counting, still another stone and a half to come off. Long story but needless to say very happy now without the fat lying cheating scumbag!!!!!!!!! :D

And yes, they do kick ass in the PT in GV. The fitter you go in the better IMHO!

I go to the gym and have a personal trainer who is awesome. Never ever in a million years thought that a) I would have lost the weight ( heartbroken helps enormously but I wouldnt recommend it!) and that b) I could do weights and train the way I do now!

But feel so much better for it and that I have got my life back! I always wanted to be a cop, applied for the RUC at 18 but got turned down and told to come back when I was 21 - but by that time I was with the now ex, and the rest is history. He thought that everyone who became a peeler only did cos they were too stupid to do anything else. What a wan**er. Thank the lord he's history and some other homewrecking sluts problem now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this is me, going after everything I ever wanted!!!:P

Aint nothing keeping this gal down now!!!!!!!!

:cool:

• Advertisement

JVB wrote: »

ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh spoil sport:mad::D:D:)

Advertisement