Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] MAX (or maybe its MIN, or it could possibly be MAX again we aren't sure... yet)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Zillah wrote: »
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I will never get tired of these witty max jokes.

Look at you there. With your cliché goon responce.

You're as bad as as his ****ty max joke, if not worse.

In fact Khan, I want to fight you. In real life. Italics are allowed.

Just bring it!

Maybe I am doing it wrong, I can never tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Its me, I'm doing it wrong.

I like that you went to the trouble of putting the accent on a French word but couldn't spell response correctly.

• Advertisement

Emphasis.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Glippo

Who are you and what have you done with Glippo?

your....(yes that's right YOUR!!!!!!!!!!) right, i should change it to something better.

the goonies jumped into us alot and got raped because of it....Khan Zu Fails.

how's that....my ingenuity will overwhelm you me thinks

I like that you went to the trouble of putting the accent on a French word but couldn't spell response correctly.

Oh shit. I got OWNED.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 css1

I don't get why everyone is always on about what BOB do to be honest.. Leave em off.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Glippo

Take the "or maybe its MIN" off the title now yes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Glippo wrote: »
    Take the "or maybe its MIN" off the title now yes?

Not just yet, although i'd love to think what the NC were thinking when they jumped those caps into EC- (http://www.killboard.net/fleetbattle/737/). Waste of good caps if ya ask me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Sand

From the SHC thread, looks like they saw the opportunity to gank some BoB caps at the end of a long, boring night of reinforcing POS with zero resistance - put a quick plan together, and basically didnt get the dice to roll their way.

If it was some "ZEEEEERRRRRRGGGGG!!!!" plan Id say "LOL", but there was a plan. Just a very ambitious plan that relied too much on luck. If it came off everyone would be sitting back applauding the FC for his genius and iniative, seeing as it didnt hes the worst. FC. Ever. The warping of caps to a bubbled station was welp, but that was apparently down to another FC taking over half way and not up to speed on intel etc.

Not a good day at the office for the NC boys but a dozen or so caps isnt a huge loss these days scary to say when you consider the hundreds of billions made of passive moon mining each month. Goons lost 40 or something recently and they havent failure cascaded - yet. [ Any day now.....]

I'll give it to BOB this week, they have done a nice week's campaign. Although I have a few nitpicks:

#1 Wasn't the whole MAX thing about fights and not taking space, sovereignty, stations and moons?
    #2 BOB said they wanted fights, but other than having a go at the fleet destroying their towers coming out of reinforced in P2- they got for probably the worst 0.0 entrance point and most cursed and tbh pointless system in Eve EC- , yeah IRON were dumb enough to have a go at them while they were reinforcing towers so they got a fight, whether by their own means or not, yay bob :rolleyes: .
    #3 There is no 3 i'm just laughing at TWD being primaried. :pac:

#1 Wasn't the whole MAX thing about fights and not taking space, sovereignty, stations and moons?
    #2 BOB said they wanted fights, but other than having a go at the fleet destroying their towers coming out of reinforced in P2- they got for probably the worst 0.0 entrance point and most cursed and tbh pointless system in Eve EC- , yeah IRON were dumb enough to have a go at them while they were reinforcing towers so they got a fight, whether by their own means or not, yay bob .

BoB have always been full of **** tbh.

MAX was supposed to be revolutionary but its just wrapping up POS warfare in new clothes and pretending its epic "fun". I feel sorry for the BoB guys who signed up for an awesome fun filled action packed month of sitting on gates, dying without loading grid and grinding down meaningless POS in backwater systems. BoB launched their massive cap blob and support blob at whats viewed as one of the weakest PvP alliances in the game, and has at best made minimal progress at great cost to its reputation as a premier PvP outfit.

If theres even the hint of a fleet fight brewing in a non-cyno jammed system, BoB try to drop titans on it to avoid allowing the vast majority of their members and pets who Xed up to get some action/killmails and potentially embarrass them again.

The only thing Im not clear on is why Goons havent gone for some griefing of BoBs infrastructure in Delve whilst the cats away.

Sand wrote: »
    The only thing Im not clear on is why Goons havent gone for some griefing of BoBs infrastructure in Delve whilst the cats away.

Well this part i've been watching, Goons are busy helping TCF against SE and C0ven, which is [tinfoil hat] is part of MAX plan to distract the goons from doing exactly what you expect them to do in Delve while the "cats" are away. You'll notice various times before MAX was launched combined SE, C0ven, Exceed, GBC fleets hitting TCF/Goon targets. :pac: [/tinfoil hat]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

Sand wrote: »
    BoB launched their massive cap blob and support blob at whats viewed as one of the weakest PvP alliances in the game

Since when? IRON used to be classed as one of the best PvP alliances in the game not too long ago and not by IRON pilots either, it was even said on that cesspit CAOD. Ever since the retreat from Dek the reputation was damaged severely but its being rebuilt and we didn't failure cascade like the vast majority of alliances in eve do when that happens to them. We're not as efficient as we used to be but we still have the 2nd highest efficiency out of the entire NC and could curbstomp any alliance our size in the game in a sov war.

"BoB launched their massive cap blob and support blob at whats viewed as one of the weakest PvP alliances in the game"

I think its fair to say the CAOD view was "lolIRON" and "northern blobbing napfest", oh and that other one "Imperial Republic of pack Up your **** and leave" - rightly or wrongly.

With the amount of firepower BoB threw at IRON [ hundreds of fleet BS, hundreds of cap, dozens of supercaps], they must have expected a walkover. The fact theyve been fought to practically a standstill with heavy losses is a credit to IRON and an embarrassment to BoB.

I live in Delve atm and it really is dead, to the point I am jumping about in a Paladin doing lvl 4's with my falcon alt as scout. Roaming is crap there too, only a few pets and dumb new bob members ratting as quarry.

So yeah, if there was ever a time to hit their infrastructure it's now I guess.

Oh and Glippo, I beg and plead for you to come and stop me, I really do. Maybe that way you will get a small gang fight that isnt on the Test server.

R0ot wrote: »
    Well this part i've been watching, Goons are busy helping TCF against SE and C0ven, which is [tinfoil hat] is part of MAX plan to distract the goons from doing exactly what you expect them to do in Delve while the "cats" are away. You'll notice various times before MAX was launched combined SE, C0ven, Exceed, GBC fleets hitting TCF/Goon targets. :pac: [/tinfoil hat]

Of course, Glippo controls our game. :puppetmaster:

Stain were becoming a problem during the siege of Delve, it was just decided that kicking Peoke around Geminate would be a nice morale booster before getting into anything serious again.

To Sand: Presumably because then the cat will come back and we're not in the mood for the invasion of Delve 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

Maybe ive just become bored and jaded with the politics.. but MAX is the most boring heap of **** ive ever heard in this game.. It gives me a headache even bitching about how **** it is..

mamolian wrote: »
    Maybe ive just become bored and jaded with the politics.. but MAX is the most boring heap of **** ive ever heard in this game.. It gives me a headache even bitching about how **** it is..

MAX has started already? Where is it hitting?

So yeah the whole BoB Titans tackled thing? I saw the thread title and who posted it and alarm bells went ringing in my head going "TRAP", was that just me? :D :pac:

Anythings possible when theyre dropping 3 titans on 40 man nano gangs...

Tbh, BoB and the NC need to read this:
    eve-online-pvp-guide.gif

eve-online-pvp-guide.gif

heh, you can't talk. Yous are NC renters now so yahs ain't that good yourselves. :p

Is it just me or has BOB's CAOD posting gotten a lot better?

kyp_durron wrote: »
    Is it just me or has BOB's CAOD posting gotten a lot better?

Its just you, still the same horrible alt spam, and the fact they have no real achievements to write about.

eve-online-pvp-guide.gif

Number of times Bob has survived a titanic attempt to wipe them from the game: 1

Number of times MC didn't crumble when Bob decided they were inconvenient: 0

• Advertisement

Number of times Bob has survived a titanic attempt to wipe them from the game: 1

Number of times MC didn't crumble when Bob decided they were inconvenient: 0

/me looks for MC tag on himself

Advertisement