Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Survival Plan

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

shopping centres are a good place to find other survivor groups. personally i'd like somewhere more fortified.

so its like:

<1 month - Shopping centre
    >1 month - Fortified structure, a la 4 courts, BOI college green, etc and do scavenging runs
    > 6 months - somewhere like trinity or central mental - plenty of space and walls, recon and scavenging would be a must
    > year - phoenix park, and start your farming.

point about barracks - a lot of them were former british bases and as such would be fairly strongly built to survive attack. however, the likelyhood of it being completely empty at z day +10 say, is extremely high; as the army would be used to repel the initial infection but either succumb to the z's or retreat to a bigger base such as the curragh. the barrcks would be devoid of most guns and ammo [still worth a look on scouting missions] or be full of z soldiers with stab vests and the like. either that, or the soldiers are still there and will probably shoot you on sight.

as for the dublin cty survival plan, does anyone know where the viking splash boats are parked at night? they could come in handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I will point out that zombies are a valid source of equipment too. Most zombies would be carrying electronics like phones. Loads of ready sources of power (batteries) and radios on the phones. A few would have certain kinds of clothing such as winter coats and z's could be used as compost. Reuse the revived I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

I will point out that zombies are a valid source of equipment too. Most zombies would be carrying electronics like phones. Loads of ready sources of power (batteries) and radios on the phones. A few would have certain kinds of clothing such as winter coats and z's could be used as compost. Reuse the revived I say.

i'd burn the coats, or anything with blood on them [z's tend to get very messy with a few 00 buck rounds in em]

batteries, yeah, and radios/mp3's and stuff. dunno about taking handbags tho, i don't really wanna ever look in one.

Advertisement