Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Nocturnal Bible

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

we should include jesus's brother craig, sounds like the nocturnal sort of guy:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

And as the Lesbonian women performed for his edification, the mouth of the godling did fall slack, and from it issued forth a constant stream of drool, and it eddied along the ground and gathered between his feet, and was there joined by diverse other tributaries until it amassed a constant body, and thus was a new lake formed in the Savage Wildlands, and the people thereabouts named it Lough Nerin, and so it is known to this very day.

and now, after a long wait. the fifth installment of The Nocturnal bible : Time Travelling saga.

After following FutureRigger through the time portal, the Nocs found a bleak future. and confusing. seriously confusing.
    Orestes and the ladies were trapped on their own in the past at Draculas castle. And thats bad news, as the Nocs could have used some back up, especially against the Evil Council, and its ultimate weapon, THE DARK RUU!!!!11!!!!!.

"the resistance is weak Nocturnals, what makes you think you can stop us were they failed?" Cruise smugly spoke.
    Randy stood forward "well, because we're all ancient and strong an badass and unkillable probably?"
    Cruise scratched his head.
    Randy kicked the ground.
    Sdoom bit his lip.
    Chatbox did something cute.
    Nerin tried to think of some awesome last words.

Dark Ruus eyes burned with intensity as he stared the Nocs down.
    "Kill them" Cruise yelled.
    DarkRuus sword came violently crashing down on Randy. He disappeared before he got the chance for one last innuendo.
    "Permabanned" Ruu roared.

The Nocs jumped in shock. Nerin, Kharn and Sdoom all communicated a psychic mod group pm.
    "what'll we do" Nerin asked. "our first priority is the Nocs safety" Doom replied. "Agreed " Kharn growled. "i say we get out, do our research and take em on when we know more"
    Nerin looked around. They were surrounded by trolls at the rear. A demon Smod at the front. What they needed was a distraction. "Hmmmm" nerin thought.
    "i dont like the sound of that" sdoom replied. kharn immediately realised what Nerin was thinking. a genius suicide run. the trolls couldnt resist jumping in at a mod vs smod battle.
    Kharn sighed. "ok brother, do what you can. but be smart. get out when we have the Nocs outside"
    Nerin nodded. sdoom facepalmed.

Nerin walked towards DarkRuu, bansword at his side. "That wasnt fair" he yelled.
    DarkRuu stared at Nerin silently. The trolls all turned to watch. "So what?!" Cruise cried.
    "its abuse of mod powers. its banning for the lulz!" Nerin replied walking closer towards DarkRuu.
    The trolls started to follow Nerin, step by step. "yeah" one yelled "that wasnt a fair bankill".
    They drifted away from the Nocs, and Kharn and Doom ushered them towards the door.

They turned, coming back for Nerin as the last Noc got safely down the stairs. They watched in horror as he turned and smiled. Cruise immediately realised what was happening.
    "Idiots!GET THEM!!!!1!!!!!" The trolls raced towards the door as Nerin pointed to it.
    "LOCKED" he yelled. The door slammed shut, trolls scraping at it in vain.

On the other side, Kharn and Doom tried desperately to unlock it. "Why wont this bloody work" doom groaned, pointing at the door.
    "he locked it from where we dont have access, clever sod" kharn winced.
    A Noc yell made them run down the stairs. Trolls were appearing outside.

Cruise grabbed at his hair. "oh you smartass! Kill him"
    DarkRuu stared at Nerin, then at Cruise. He hadnt seen another mod in what seemed like an age.
    He stood forward. "DOOOOO ITTTT FAG!" Cruise whined.
    DarrkRuu stood there, trying to make sense of this confusing situation.
    Suddenly Nerin struck with his bansword, nearly hitting his mark. Sparks flew as his mod sword was slowly pushed back towards him.
    "REFRESH!" Nerin yelled as his attack appeared out of no where, striking the smod sword. "REFRESSSSH" He yelled again, another attack appearing. he stood back, DarkRuu seemingly unphased.
    "BANNN HIMMM" Cruise yelled. DarkRuus eyes glowed as he stood forward, angered.

Outside the Nocs watched as the signs of battle raged in the tower. Doom panted, tiring of the constant wave of trolls to be killed. Kharn was in berserk mode, each attack geting more powerful and devastating with each troll.

DarkRuu raised his sword, as 9 orbs of energy danced around it. "Merge!" Nerin yelled desperately, every attack rolled into one. the dust cleared showing an unmoved DarkRuu.
    without a sound, the nine orbs hit Nerin sending him across the room.

The Nocs watched as a powerful explosion blew out the top windows, and a dark smouldering figure flew into the distance. They turned sadly, and made their retreat.

Cruise laughed as he watched Nerins lifeless body fly from sight.
    DarkRuu lingered watching for a second, the thumped back to his position beside the throne.

Chapter 6

Kharn and Doom panted. They had been travelling for days. Randy was perma banned. Nerin, perma banned. and now chatbox was leading them....somewhere. and futureRigger was nowhere to be seen. And they were trekking through toxic woods.
    "The Doom does not like this. The Doom does not like this one bit" Doom groaned.
    "Meh, im to tired and experiencing what seems to be computer game withdrawal symptoms" Kharn croaked.
    "Anyway, we're short a mod, so maybe let chatbox lead for a while. maybe even give him mod powers when this is over"
    They both looked at eachother. "NAH".
    (Note: even though the timeline is all messed up, this began before randy got mod powers, and orestes is in the past before he got mod powers.so stfu before trying to find plot holes. this is one giant plothole. lol)

"where are we going chatbox" aisling asked.
    "ive no idea. i just have a feeling. its weird. its just a voice i know. saying cliff. and lagoon. its eery" chatbox replied.
    "Blue Lagoon?" grames asked "she was hawt"
    LZ mumbled about being doomed. Aisling said something cheerful. everyone scowled.

back at the evil council:
    "Sir, you want me and my homeboy hansen to follow them?" cyborg will smith asked Cruise.
    "No, i want you and him to take two ships. i think i know where they'll go...HURRY!"
    Smith and Hansen saluted, and ran to the evil garage.
    "i want the one with the big comfy seat on the bridge" hansen said.
    Smith looked at him, and narrowed his one human eye. "AWwww Hellll Nooo"
    Benedict looked out the broken window. "I feel something. something familiar. it saddens me. are we doing the right thing?"
    Cruise smacked him on his pointy hat.
    "there is know wrong or right anymore! tell the scientists to open... THE BOX!!!!11!!!"
    Benedict gasped. "surely not...not yet! it hasnt been trained!"
    Cruise cackled "i dont care. them being here has thrown us into chaos. release it. we'll throw some chaos back at them!"

After a pit stop, the nocturnals came to a clearing. Sand, glorious flat, not jagged sand. And an unblocked view of the skies. a smoggy glow behind them was all that could be seen of the city. Above the ocean the moon shone. but something was not right. "the moon" Lz gasped. "Look at the moon!"
    The nocs all looked in horror at their beloved symbol in the sky. The moon was in chunks. One big part and several chunks. "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE!" Kharn roared!
    something glowed in the distance and travelled towards the moon. a few minutes later there was a tiny flash on its surface.
    "are they...FIRING ROCKETS...at THE MOON?!" grames yelped.
    Ais sobbed "theyre big meanies. it was all pretty and now it looks so sad"
    Two more flashes appeared on the horizon, travelling towards the heavens.
    A twig snapped behind them. They all turned,just in time to see they were surrounded.

Back at the city:
    A crane lifted a gigantic metal container onto a truck. Two trolls groaned as they guided it into place.
    1y54-nd3r/1337 was printed on the side. "fur sumtin so smal dis box be uge n evy" one grumbled.
    "shhh boss watch us doin it. do i rite nt rong!"
    Above them, darkruu stared into the night, and onto the battered face of the moon.
    "thanks ruu".... "good job" ...."everyone needs a ruu".... "yay" ...."awww".... "we miss you"....
    He spun around, drawing his sword. but no one was there.

benedict stared at darkruus history upgrade chart. "Do you think hes more than just a bot?"
    "No!" Cruise spat "we erased and recoded everything. theres nothing beneath that armor"
    Cruise watched the moniter as the truck pulled away from the building. soon everything would come into place. it was allset, no matter what happened, he had a trap set.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Nerin wrote: »
    "The Doom does not like this. The Doom does not like this one bit" Doom groaned.

Well, I lolled. :)

• Advertisement

SDooM wrote: »
    Well, I lolled. :)
    good :)

Chapter 7

Chatbox could see nothing in the darkness, nothing but the shadows of those surrounding them, and the glint of their weapons in the moonlight.
    Kharn and Doom growled and prepared for battle. "um, hi scary shadow people, please stop pointing those pointies at us" Ais croaked.
    One of the figures stepped forward slowly. "Aisling?!"

A few miles away a truck sped towards the beach, its dangerous cargo hungering for a kill.

Far far away, Nerins smouldering body lay in a crater. And hooded figures began to gather above it.

Back at the city, Cruise watched as his trolls continued training for a final battle.
    Beside him Benedict shuddered, watching DarkRuus still form sit on an information console. It was throne-like, quite fitting for such a powerful being.
    Benedict had become rather fascinated with DarkRuu, and the philosophical, moral and theological questions his existence raised.
    Cruise didnt care. All he cared about was his total control.

Or was that the case? Was he really the one in charge? Or was it someone else?

Cruise walked down to the basement, where the last scientific minds of the nets toiled for him day and night.
    Creating something. something worse, and more powerful, than DarkRuu.

The Nocs and their new captors faced off tensely. Ais stood confused staring at who appeared to be their leader. Her.
    "Who are you?!" The leader said roughly. "Im Aisling, one of the nocturnals. em. Hi! who are you??? i has the confuzzled"
    The woman stared at her. "I'm Ais, one of the last Nocturnals" she looked around at the Nocs.
    "it really is you!"
    Kharn and sDoom stared first at her, then at eachother. "WTF?!"

The first hooded figure stepped carefully into the crater, her eyes stuck firmly to Nerins unmoving body.
    She examined him briefly, and looked behind her to the others.
    "Well?" one spoke.
    "Nine marks, like the others...it was him, the abomination" she replied.
    "Bring his body, we can examine him back home"
    They picked up Nerin gently and slowly carried him away.

FutureAis frowned, repeatedly pushing Aisling off her, straining to hear the Nocs story.
    "and basically thats it, futureRigger brought us here, disappeared, and we're as in the dark as you." SDoom said, drawing in a deep breath.
    "well, thats interesting. you were in the city and survived. thats either very lucky, or very skilled. its been an age since our kind could move within its limits safely. and the troll population grows more and more. And can you PLEASE stop that Aisling!?" Aisling slumped down, sitting sadly. "i'm just glad im not deaded is all...you sure yore me? you arent very cheerful!"
    "Theres not alot to be cheerful about" futureAis frowned.
    Kharn stared into the distance. "whats the plan then, where do we go now?"
    FutureAis stood up. "We return to the base and see what the others think. with ye here, we might have the backup we need"
    Chatbox jumped up and spoke "ummm...wheres yore base, and does it have socks??!"
    futureAis smiled "ah Dobby, you were missed. Its in the middle of a cliff overlooking a lagoon. about a mile from here. And we might have some spare socks for you"
    Chatbox grinned. "I KNEW it!!!"

The hooded figures huddled around in firelight. "This makes no sense, where did he come from?"
    "Well he isnt one of the rebels. It kills them on sight"
    "maybe It has changed its allegiance?"
    "no, i doubt it. He has the 9 marks we all do. But what did he do to earn them?"
    "He does not have our gifts. he never did."
    "maybe he should, maybe we could..."
    "NO! unacceptable!"
    "only one person is left that can do that. and he is impossible to get to"
    "maybe he isnt"

The Nocs and the rebels walked over a sand dune, and saw explosions and flames rip through the base.
    A large open metal crate stood infront of the ripped open doors.
    "what the hell??" futureAis yelled, as her and the rebels ran to their home.
    More rebels were running towards them. Trolls spread over the sands, attacking who they could.
    "Randy! Randy!" futureAis screamed.
    a figure killing trolls turned, and began to run towards them.
    The Nocs mouths opened. "randy?! but... youre dead!"
    "no im not. lol" futureRandy grinned.
    "whats the situation?" futureAis yelled. "50 trolls attacked, theres less than 20 left. But they had something with them, something powerful, that cut through our defenses!"
    A blood curdling howl came from the base, as a shadow burst through the flames.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Nerin wrote: »
    "are they...FIRING ROCKETS...at THE MOON?!" grames yelped..

yeah i got a good laugh outta this :p :pac:

but we should all remember:

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!!!!

Chapter 8

"i do not agree" a figure stood from the shadows, walking towards a lifeless Nerin.
    "its worth a shot. i know we cant do it. but we can at least try get him to someone who can"
    "impossible. and pointless. he was a level two, at the very least"
    "he needs to be level three or higher for the process to even begin"
    "level three?" they all turned in shock, as a shadow took form.
    "you!"
    "me. i can give him some of my power"
    "you'd be willing to vouch for him?"
    "yes"
    "the dark lady has spoken, transfer the power"

The beach ran red with the fallen trolls and rebels blood. the trolls were losing, but taking people down with them. When the howl rose, doom saw the trolls run from the flaming doorway.
    "why would they run from their own weapon?" he asked kharn.
    "who cares, lets finish them"
    They ran into battle, trolls falling left and right. A yell came from dooms right side as he saw a streak of grey bound towards the last rebel group still fighting trolls.
    He aimed his shotgun and breathed in.

Cruise watched images on a flickering screen. He slammed his hands down on the desk as the troll carrying the webcam was crushed by a mighty ancient banhammer.
    "EVERY FREAKING TIME!" he yelled angrily.
    He pressed a red button and spoke into a microphone. "send every ground force in the area to this location. total destruction. no prisoners!"
    He sat back and watched a screen showing a wave of trolls preparing to run to battle.
    "do not be hasty my apprentice" a voice from behind him hissed.
    Cruise jumped. "My lord, i didnt know you were here."
    "I am always here. these Nocs are causing you alot of trouble. maybe my private force should handle them."
    "NO. no. sir, please, let me handle it." cruise wimpered.
    "See that you do. you do not want my men taking interest in this"
    There was a hiss as the creature disappeared. Cruise started to sweat.

"FIRE DOOM!!!! FIRE!!!! what the hell is wrong!" Kharn roared as the grey streak sped towards the rebels. Doom stared blanky before letting out a blood curdling howl.
    The battle stopped as everyone turned to stare at him. Even the creature had stopped. it wasnt a huge beast. it was barely half the size of a labrador.
    "What the..." Kharn watched as Doom walked slowly towards the creature. "Kill it!!!" he yelled.
    Doom stopped a few metres away from it and growled. The creature tilted its head and looked at him. It slowly crept forward and rolled over.
    "Awwwwwwwwwwwwww" Aisling gushed. "Hes so cute!" The creature started violently coughing and everyone jumped. With a deep throaty sound it coughed up a troll arm.
    Doom grinned. "Hello little fella, whats your name" The creature started panting with its tongue hanging out cutely. "Think i'll call him lysander"
    "thats a weird name" grames muttered. Lyssie growled.

When the last of the wreckage was cleared, the Nocs sat in a command room with FutureAis and FutureRandy. On a large old looking computer screen they saw hordes of trolls moving towards them
    "This is the most theyve ever sent" FutureRandy sighed "theres only one place to go now they know where we are"
    "Where?" Doom and Kharn both asked. FutureRandy pointed upwards.

The hooded figures rested after the draining ritual they had just completed. the dark lady sat beside one of them, talking quietly. It was time.
    The Moon was visible above them, even through the murky smog. they all circled the body and started walking around it. Whispers grew louder and louder, soon an incomprehensible harmony could be heard on the winds for miles. Finally they threw up their hands to the heavens and the body disappeared in a flash.

Smith and Hansen kept their ships hidden behind a chuck of moon rock. A streak of light flew between them towards the moons surface. "sizzz sizz what the hell was thatsizzzzz sizz?!" smith yelled into the communications desk. "Siizzz siz sizzz quiet you fool, keep your position right over there sizzzzz " hansen replied. " and sizzz keep radio siizzz suzzzzzz silence!"
    They both watched the radar console as three ships slowly launched from the Rebel base, their course heading straight for them and the moon....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Thou shalt not steal if there is direct victim.
    Thou shalt not worship pop idols or follow lost prophets.
    Thou shalt not take the names of Johnny Cash, Joe Strummer, Johnny Hartman, Desmond Decker, Jim Morrison, Jimmy Hendrix or Syd Barret in vain.
    Thou shalt not think that any male over the age of 30 that plays with a child that is not their own is a pedophile? Some people are just nice.
    Thou shalt not read NME.
    Thou shalt not stop liking a band just because they?ve become popular.
    Thou shalt not question Stephen Fry.
    Thou shalt not judge a book by it?s cover.
    Thou shalt not judge Lethal Weapon by Danny Glover.
    Thou shalt not buy Coca-Cola products.
    Thou shalt not buy Nestle products.
    Thou shalt not go into the woods with your boyfriend?s best friend, take drugs and cheat on him.
    Thou shalt not fall in love so easily.
    Thou shalt not use poetry, art or music to get into girls? pants.
    Use it to get into their heads.
    Thou shalt not watch Holyoke’s.
    Thou shalt not attend an open mic and leave before it?s done just because you?ve finished your ****ty little poem or song you self-righteous prick.
    Thou shalt not return to the same club or bar week in, week out just ?cause you once saw a girl there that you fancied but you?re never gonna ****ing talk to.
    Thou shalt not put musicians and recording artists on ridiculous pedestals no matter how great they are or were.
    The Beatles? Were just a band.
    Thou shalt give equal worth to tragedies that occur in non-English speaking countries as to those that occur in English speaking countries.
    Thou shalt remember that guns, b!tches and bling were never part of the four elements and never will be.
    Thou shalt not make repetitive generic music,
    thou shalt not make repetitive generic music,
    thou shalt not make repetitive generic music.
    Thou shalt not pimp my ride.
    Thou shalt not scream if you wanna go faster.
    Thou shalt not move to the sound of the wickedness.
    Thou shalt not make some noise for Detroit.
    When I say ?Hey? thou shalt not say ?Ho?.
    When I say ?Hip? thou shalt not say ?Hop?.
    When I say, he say, she say, we say, make some noise? kill me.
    Thou shalt not quote me happy.
    Thou shalt not shake it like a Polaroid picture.
    Thou shalt not wish you girlfriend was a freak like me.
    Thou shalt spell the word? Pheonix? P-H-E-O-N-I-X not P-H-O-E-N-I-X, regardless of what the Oxford English Dictionary tells you.
    Thou shalt not express your shock at the fact that Sharon got off with Bradley at the club last night by saying? Is it?
    Thou shalt think for yourselves.
    And thou shalt always? Thou shalt always kill!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Thou shalt not steal if there is direct victim.
    Thou shalt not worship pop idols or follow lost prophets.
    Thou shalt not take the names of Johnny Cash, Joe Strummer, Johnny Hartman, Desmond Decker, Jim Morrison, Jimmy Hendrix or Syd Barret in vain.
    Thou shalt not think that any male over the age of 30 that plays with a child that is not their own is a pedophile? Some people are just nice.
    Thou shalt not read NME.
    Thou shalt not stop liking a band just because they?ve become popular.
    Thou shalt not question Stephen Fry.
    Thou shalt not judge a book by it?s cover.
    Thou shalt not judge Lethal Weapon by Danny Glover.
    Thou shalt not buy Coca-Cola products.
    Thou shalt not buy Nestle products.
    Thou shalt not go into the woods with your boyfriend?s best friend, take drugs and cheat on him.
    Thou shalt not fall in love so easily.
    Thou shalt not use poetry, art or music to get into girls? pants.
    Use it to get into their heads.
    Thou shalt not watch Holyoke’s.
    Thou shalt not attend an open mic and leave before it?s done just because you?ve finished your ****ty little poem or song you self-righteous prick.
    Thou shalt not return to the same club or bar week in, week out just ?cause you once saw a girl there that you fancied but you?re never gonna ****ing talk to.
    Thou shalt not put musicians and recording artists on ridiculous pedestals no matter how great they are or were.
    The Beatles? Were just a band.
    Thou shalt give equal worth to tragedies that occur in non-English speaking countries as to those that occur in English speaking countries.
    Thou shalt remember that guns, b!tches and bling were never part of the four elements and never will be.
    Thou shalt not make repetitive generic music,
    thou shalt not make repetitive generic music.
    Thou shalt not pimp my ride.
    Thou shalt not scream if you wanna go faster.
    Thou shalt not move to the sound of the wickedness.
    Thou shalt not make some noise for Detroit.
    When I say ?Hey? thou shalt not say ?Ho?.
    When I say ?Hip? thou shalt not say ?Hop?.
    When I say, he say, she say, we say, make some noise? kill me.
    Thou shalt not quote me happy.
    Thou shalt not shake it like a Polaroid picture.
    Thou shalt not wish you girlfriend was a freak like me.
    Thou shalt spell the word? Pheonix? P-H-E-O-N-I-X not P-H-O-E-N-I-X, regardless of what the Oxford English Dictionary tells you.
    Thou shalt not express your shock at the fact that Sharon got off with Bradley at the club last night by saying? Is it?
    Thou shalt think for yourselves.
    And thou shalt always? Thou shalt always kill!

music to go with it :P

Kharn and Doom sat on the bridge of their ship.
    "I know this is all serious business and all, but man, HOW AWESOME IS THIS?!"
    Doom grinned back at him. "Its pretty awesome... but..shes no enterprise"
    The ship groaned as it emerged from the earths atmosphere.
    "Shields at 94%" one of the rebels murmered.
    "whos he talking to?" Doom asked. "i dunno," Kharn replied "I dont see a captain"
    The Nocs looked around and realised that other than a few rebels sitting at consoles, there was no one else there.
    "Um... you two are in charge, Randys orders" a rebel spoke up.
    Kharn and Doom looked from the rebel to eachother.
    "AWESOME!!!!!!"

FutureRandy opened a communications relay to FutureAis' ship. "Status?"
    FutureAis' image appeared blurrily on screen. "Shields are at 95%. Weapons are at 40% charge, and missiles...well, we've about 30...Not enough if Mr.Cruise sends a welcoming party..."
    FutureRandy frowned. "Same here, i dont think a fight will make much difference, these ships are about to fall to pieces anyway"
    FutureAis sighed, and looked at her crew for a moment "And what do we do with the Nocs if we come under attack?"
    "As we planned, cover fire, cause a diversion, anything to get them to the moon in one piece."
    The rebels on FutureAis' ship turned from their consoles and stared. "Anything..." she whispered.

In a dark dank room, an orb of light burned and glowed. With a flash of pure brilliant white, it was gone, and Nerins smoking body lay there instead, heat from his still body caused mist in the cold air.
    From the corner of the room, something crawled towards his body.

Smith and Hansen watched as the blips on their radar came closer to the moon, and their ambush.
    They didnt need to ask eachother, they knew it was time. They gave the nod, as their ships fully powered up and made a course for the rebels.

FutureRandy was about to transmit landing co-ordinates as the ship shook violently, sparks flying from consoles.
    "What the..."
    "SIR! Two ships firing on all threenships!" a rebel screamed/ "Flank the Nocs! Bring Ais up on comlink, and someone, for the love of god fire a weapon back at them!" FutureRandy yelled.
    FutureAis' eyes opened wide as she saw the two ships heading straight for the Nocs. The rebel on the nearest weapons console had been knocked out in the first hit, and FutureAis had jumped into his place. "Full impulse ahead!" she yelled "get the Nocs ship behind us!" She began to wildly hit buttons as the railgun came online, shakily moving to the front of the ship, unloading a volley wildly at the enemy ships.
    Kharn was knocked into his seat as the first enemy strike hit. Doom grabbed Lyssie and strapped him into a seat. "STAY!" he yelled.
    The Nocs all clambered to get a seat before the next volley. "Shields at 72%!!!" the rebel yelled to Kharn. "Orders sir?!"
    Kharn looked to Doom, who looked back, a smile forming on his lips. They both turned to the rebel at the same time. "FIRE ALL WEAPONS!"

Flashes in the sky above Nerin lit up the room through a glass viewing dome. The creature across from him didnt even look up, and continued crawling.
    Suddenly the body sat up, gasping for air, tearing at his chest. Nine faint marks were the only marks there. He rolled over, groaning. The room was spinning, and his vision was blurred.
    He rubbed his face, weakly trying to stand. Behind him he heard footsteps. He turned, growling, as he had to look up to met the eyes of the creature and its angry bristling spines.

Kharn was not having fun anymore. All lazers had been deflected or absorbed by the enemy, only one missile had exploded on target, and shields were at 50%. This was not a good day to die...
    FutureRandy had problems of his own. The impulse engine had stalled, and he was floating in dead space as rebels rushed to get thrusters working. They were so close and they were now losing.
    One of the enemy ships had broken formation and was making its way towards them, sensing weakness Smith was closing in for the kill. The rebels were firing lazers in long bursts to try slow them down, but were in danger of overheating. The second ship was making its way towards the Nocs and there was nothing FutureRandy could do. FutureAis was frantically firing weapons at both ships, trying to cover both the Nocs and Randy. It was becoming more clear what she had to do.

FutureRandy was barking orders as Smiths ship grew closer and closer. A rebel was working frantically at a console, trying to get thrusters operational. Through the murky glass, he could see FutureAis' ship changing course.

"Fire missiles goddam it!" Doom yelled as Hansens ship pushed against the lasers. "Sir, missiles are out, lasers are down to 10% and we are quickly overheating, shields are dangerously low!" a rebel screamed. "Ramming speed?!" Kharn asked. "this thing will fall apart!" Doom roared "what the...?!" On screen, the front of Hansens ship began to glow an electric blue. "its a mazer sir" the rebel operating the navigating system replied. "wtf is a mazer?!" Kharn asked. "well, its basically what phasers or lasers would be like if the japanese made them. i think the used on against godzilla." the weapons console rebel replied. "Godzilla?" Doom groaned "if only Nerin was still alive...."

"CREATE A SHIELD BETWEEN THE NOCS AND HANSEN!" FutureAis yelled to her crew. "shields?!"
    "Rerouting power, but one mazer hit will have us down!" FutureAis clutched at her chair. "If we get there in time, we wont need to worry about shields!"
    The ship opened its hatches and launched old missiles at Smith,creating a diversion. His ship changed course to try cut hers away from Hansen and the Nocs. FutureRandy finally got weapons online, and fired everything at Smith. Hansen glared at his screen and hit the big red button.

Kharn and Doom watched in horror, the Nocs huddled together sadly, the rebels on the Noc ship sighed. FutureAis' ship rushed into view infront of the Noc ship and took a direct hit, the shields evaporating.
    Doom suddenly realised what she was going to do. The ship kept moving towards Hansen. His anger turned to fear as the ship grew closer. "Surely shes not..." his eyes widened "ABANDON SHIP!"
    Pods started to float away from Hansens ship, Smith yelling orders to move closer. FutureRandy began firing wildly, screaming into his com link for FurureAis to stop, but it was too late.
    The Nocs stared at the explosion, and felt the ship shudder as both Hansen and FutureAis' ship became space debris. FutureRandy shed a tear, but had no time to mourn, as Smith began charging a mazer.

The beast charged at Nerin, who stood his ground, growling angrily. With a flick of his wrist, he telekinetically threw it across the room into the shadows. Above him he could see an explosion, and another ship closing in on the other two. He didnt know who they were, but his senses felt heightened, and somehow he knew the two ships were to be protected. His hair began to flow in a non existant breeze, his eyes glowing, he gestured upwards, an orb of energy flying towards the ships. Suddenly he was flung across the room in a cloud of rosepetals. a female voice yelled "Anu! Stop!"

FutureRandy frantically fired everything his ship had at Smith, the Nocs weapaons were spent. From the moons surface a flash, and the hull of Smiths ship exploded. The mazer reversed, chunks of metal flying away from the ship. A pod flew past the Nocs ship, and a scream was heard over the com link. "Awwww helll noo"

When both rebel ships power was re-routed, they began to make their descent to the moons surface, to a small series of buildings.
    A wizened figure watched through a viewing tower.

The Nocs and the rebels had landed, docked the two remaining ships, and were now somewhere inside the moonbase.
    FutureRandy had the rebels set up guard, while the Nocs joined him staring into space, the debris of FutureAis' ship floated infront of the earth.
    It wasn't the beautiful earth they remembered. The sea was not blue, but a gungy green, the earth was mostly a burnt brick red. Kerash sighed, and turned, seeing the look on FutureRandys face.
    "We can win can't we?" she asked sadly. "i don't know anymore" he said weakly. "we've lost so many rebels, we were the last true pureblood boardsies left... Now its just me. What can i do?"
    Chatbox stood up, wiping his eyes. "you can stop moping, get us what we came here for and kick some baddie ass!"
    Everyone turned, and stared, slightly shocked. "Um...too harsh? I is sorry. ;_; "
    FutureRandy smiled. "Its ok, chatters. thats the attitude we need... if this hadn't all happened, you'd have made a fine mod. "
    Chatters giggled and bounced away cutely.

Kharn and Doom huddled in the corner, murmering to eachother.
    "Its got to be weapons, perhaps some sort of light saber bat'tleth?" Kharn muttered.
    "No, no. its probably vehicles. New ships, or... robots!!!!" Doom grinned.
    "Hmmm, i doubt it. although, what would make sense is power upgrades. You heard him, we are technically the last boardsies. And the last mods. Without their SmodBot we'd be able to take them."
    "pfft, i dunno kharn, for upgrades, we'd need a boardsie higher up, and as you said, its only us left. actually, theres something i never thought of" Doom scratched his head.
    "i think i know what you mean... THE ADMINS! where were they when all this happened, surely they'd be powerful enough..." Kharn stopped for a second "wait, when we were in japan, and europe and everything, i don't remember admins. or boards as a site... or...anything. this was all normal"
    FutureRandy walked towards them. "I think i can explain some things, but, even i have no idea about it all."
    A voice from behind them crept from the darkness. "I can fill in some blanks".

Nerin leapt to his feet, reaching for his BanSword. Realising it wasn't there, he growled and spun around, searching for his foe.
    The beast was gone, and instead a girl stood in its place, holding something small and cute in her arms. Nerin tilted his head, confused.
    "its ok, its ok. No need to be so growly." she stepped forward slowly, revealing herself as human.
    Nerin sniffed the air. "you...your not a troll" he said, in a hoarse tone"
    She smiled, "and you aren't a baddie. how did you get here?"
    He looked around wildly. "i dont know. i dont remember anything. i do. i do remember. but, its all fuzzy. Ugh. What is that?"
    He pointed to the creature in her arms. "oh, this is Anu, shes a little hedgehog creature. and whats your name?"
    He sighed "Nerin, i think... yours?" She turned away. "i dont have a name... but i can bring you to someone who does!"
    She smiled and took his hand, leading him down a twisting corridor.

The Nocs and rebels turned, the stranger who had appeared in their midst had done so out of thin air.
    The Rebels raised their weapons. FutureRandy barked for them to stand down. "wait! he's with us!.... Rigger!"
    "yes, its me" Kharns eyebrow quivered for a moment, then out of nowhere he had Rigger pinned against the wall.
    WHY DID YOU BRING US HERE!!!" he roared. Doom went to his side, trying to calm him down.
    Rigger smiled. "Its ok. its ok. I brought ye here because it said so in the Noc Bible and ye were the only people i could find that were boardsies. easy as"
    "Noc Bible?" Doom looked confused. "Yes, the Nocturnal Bib... oh, sorry, different timeline. Even i forget sometimes. Lol"
    Kharn dropped Rigger, stepping back angrily. "How do we fix it? How do we make it go back?!"
    "You continue as ye are going. Its all here" he opened up a dusty leather tome. "yup, space battle, moon, meeting"
    He smiled and stood in the middle of the room. "Ye are doing well, i didn't even have to reset or push ye in the right direction. Oh, and walk through that door."
    They all stared at where he pointed, and when they looked back to him, he was gone in a blue and white light.
    The door began to open, rusty metal screeched on rusty metal. Dust and gases whirled in the doorway. Through the mist, they could see a light, and four shadows.
    "come in, come in, hurry up. i havent got all day."

The room was brightly lit and the ground littered with papers, with all sorts of coding scribbled on them.
    Every manner of computer and gadget stood againts the metallic walls, the machines alone giving off a comforting warmth.
    In the centre of the room sat an old man, to either side of him stood a girl, the one of the right staring suspiciously at the Nocs and rebels.
    Scampering around the floor was a little green creature, and in the corner was huddled a shadowy figure.
    They entered the room cautiously, Lysander sniffing the air, then growly. He let out a roar and started to chase the little green creature.
    It let out a startled shreak, curled into a ball and rolled around the room. Doom frantically tried to rab Lyssie, as one of the girls yelled at Lysander.
    Lysander let out a yelp as sharp thorns jutted from the creature, hurting his nose. He let Doom pick him up, and growled.
    The creature unrolled itself, and smugly trotted over to the girl.
    "Not the best of introductions" the old man chuckled.
    Doom and Kharn stood forward, staring at the man. There was something familiar about him. Then looking to the girl, they got the same feeling. FutureRandy pushed them out of the way.
    "So it is true! i had no idea if you were still knocking about!"
    Then it hit Doom and Kharn. "Fonpokno! Fon, what the...Wait! That means... wait...Cult?!"
    Kharn stepped forward towards the old man. "Wht the hell...?" Cult chuckled again.
    "I spent my energy trying to find a way to turn everything back. Didnt waste energy trying to stop aging..."
    Doom had wandered away from the group, and was now staring at the figure in the corner. He couldn't see his face, it was hidden in shadow. A jolt of electricity hit him.
    "Brother?!"

Hansen was worried. As a cyborg, he didnt think he could sweat so much. He'd filled Cruise in, and hadnt even gotten a lecture. No punishment. Cruise has simply turned as white as a sheet, and left quickly.
    He was down in that spooky science dungeon, where Hansen hadnt ventured since he wass created. And that could only mean one thing. Something else was being created.
    He shivered, watching DarkRuu undergo a software update. The hulking being was emotionless, lifeless, on his thronelike power console. Hansen paced from left to right, briefly watching the trolls massing underneath the window. Something big was happening. Something bad.
    Cruise was having a terrible time. The Nocs had beaten him again, and IT wasn't even finished. If only he hadnt fed Feylya to the trolls for being rude. He was the best scientist he'd captured, and his quick temper had set the AdMinExe project back three years. He watched as the remaining scientists worked at double time to get IT operational.
    Not only did he expect a rebel attack, he was getting low on allies. Only yesterday Benedict had a change of heart, and tried to reprogram DarkRuu. He had been severely dealt with for that crime. All he was left with was Hansen, who was beginning to grind on his nerves. Cruise knew his dark master was watching, and judging him. If this didnt work out, he had more than a rebel victory to fear...

After everyone had settled down, after all intoductions (apart from the girl with no name), Cult began to explain what had happened.
    "Now, you all know that there was a machine that created black holes. This was funded by Cruise. He planned on sucking all of the world into it, thus cancelling existence. Probably so no more people would lol at him. or rofl. or lmao. or roflmao. You get the picture."
    He slowly stood up, walking with a stick towards a screen.
    "what he didnt know, was the history of the internet. of course, your brains have time sickness, blasted Rigger, so ye can't remember.
    The nets themselves counted as a realm. an alternate dimension. Normal people had to use computers tto access them. But there was one guy, so leet, so awesome and made of win, that he could travel between the real world and the nets. In another timeline the nocs knew this, as did the admins of boards. It was one of our closest guarded secrets. Locked away in a subforum, of a subforum, of a subforum, of a super secret private forum. The musings and codes of Lord Malaki, he who is most leet, were guarded there by the admins. They were the secret chapters of the noc bible."
    Cult began to cough, and tremble, then after a moment, continued.
    "Cruise had a front row seat at the black hole, but didnt count on the nocs all showing up to see it. You know, because it was all black and super dark. He also didnt count on some of you having the code and hax and abilities to enter teh nets. When the astroids full of crystals hit the blasck hole, the rift sucked ye in, and the code as well. Cruise then simply stole Nerins laptop, signed in as a mod, and waited for the code to spill into the real world....
    and thats it basically. He took over, enslaved the humans, destroyed the info of the net, and wiped out the boardsies."
    Doom raised his hand. "But the admins, surely he would have only had mod powahs in the beginning, so the admins could have stopped him"
    "Good question. Ive been searching for their user ids for years, but havent found them. he could never have destroyed them, so i suspect he had a sneaky plan, to keep them locked away or out of the picture."
    AnonymousJoe raised his hand. Everyone watched. He waited. "Yes?!" they all yelled.
    "Um, the smods?" Everyone looked puzzled, then realised, he was right. Where did the smods, the elite forces, disappear.
    "The smods powers waned with the admins disappearance. at first they tried, the really did. But the more they tried, the weaker they got. They now hide, somewhere even i dont know, and wait, for the time when we make a final effort to attack and win."
    FutureRandy stood up. "well i assumed you'd have a plan, and a use for the Nocs."
    "Indeed i do Randy. All non mods, follow fon to Lab M." The rebels began to follow, and the Nocs looked to Doom and Kharn. Nerin sat trembling beside them, like he had fleas.
    "Its ok, go on" Doom said warmly. As they left the room, he turned, and grimly looked from Nerin to Cult.
    "So, whats this plan?"

Advertisement