Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - July 2008

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

There has been a hole in that cloud/fog over me (south Dublin/north Wicklow all morning) with almost wall to wall sunshine since sunrise, albeit a little hazy at times.

Current temp. 23.1c

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭RoisinD

We have seen a little of the blue sky here. Temp currently 18.7 but winds (SE) gusting to 19.7mph making it cooler.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Much cooler here with wind off the sea and fog and mist drifting in now and again. Most certainly not humid. Distinctively chilly in the wind.
    18C atm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Low cloud is being very stubborn to clear with only a few sunny spells so far but it's still quite warm at 21.5c
    I notice Belmullet is reporting a tstorm at 13:00

Just after I posted the above the clouds finally cleared and it's almost 100% blue now. Very warm in sunshine, 22.7c

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Got to 24.0c for a couple of minutes an hour ago. Now 22.7c. Cloud coming in form the south now so sunshine in now intermitant and hazy.

Max of 18.4C
    16.6C and falling atm
    Dp 13.7C
    RH 83%
    It remains humid but not too noticeable still due to the onshore wind.
    Wind SE circa 12mph.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Fog starting to roll of Irish sea. Looks thick enough. Should be fun here in a few hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I was checking out my webcam on wunderground (it makes a 24 hour movie if you upload to it), and there definately was pretty heavy fog here this morning (I was asleep so missed it though), hope that coastal stuff makes it here.

Currently mostly overcast with occasional glimpses of sun. Temp 18.3°C

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Supercell wrote: »
    I was checking out my webcam on wunderground (it makes a 24 hour movie if you upload to it), and there definately was pretty heavy fog here this morning (I was asleep so missed it though), hope that coastal stuff makes it here.

Currently mostly overcast with occasional glimpses of sun. Temp 18.3°C

It never mad it this far supercell just vanished. Still a little around Bray head. I would imagine there will be a lot when the sun disappears.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cloudy all day until the last hour but the thining is very s-l-o-w indeed.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Weather BOFH

The wife and I walked from Greystones to Bray today and the weather was glorious, a little mist on top of Bray head but otherwise it was sunny and warm pretty much the whole afternoon. You could see the mist on Dublin Bay and by the late afternoon Howth had dissapeared from view completely. Will try upload some pics later.

Back here the high was 23.6C, now 16.9C, RH 86%, DP 13.6C.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭highdef

Moderately thick fog here in Santry. A few spits of rain too. At least its cool. Was thinking I'd be awake with the heat. Now if there is a thunderstorm later, I don't mind being awake :D

Any Dalkey/Sandycove/Killiney posters here?, would have thought these conditions would be fog optimal.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

just thought I'd add in the weather where I am......Jerez, Spain.

11pm local wind from the south west at 5km/hr, clear skies, temp 24, DP17
    QNH1014

was up to 35'C this afternoon. Pleasant indeed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Much cooler here tonight - this time last night it was very pleasant for sitting out at about 18; tonight it's only 14.2! Max yesterday was 22.3 with a lot of cloud; today was 21.9 and mostly sunny after foggy start.

Not much different here, was 14.1°C at 23:20 , tonight its 13.7°C

Temp rising
    14.9C atm
    Dp 13.7C
    RH 92%
    Wind calm or SE

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Temp rising here too, up half a degree in the last hour to 15.3C, DP 13.3C, RH 88%.

Some spectacular bright pink clouds just after sunset here, captured here but doesn't do it justice.

Misty and muggy, current temp 17.3°C, hopefully will clear up this afternoon like yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Started overcast and calm, the wind has picked up quite a bit (gusty) but its shifted the cloud. Warm.

Mike.

Warm and muggy here with some very light spots of rain but no sun at all yet today.

(Just noticed Valentia and Belmullet faring much better with 23 and 24 already!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

24C at Belmullet, while it's only 19C at Casement due to the light drizzle. Lots of cloud cover no signs yet of it shifting.

This is a joke- why wont the cloud just clear?:mad::mad:
    24c in Belmullet, not fair!
    /end rant

Sat pic tells it all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

That area over Mayo seems to be a prime location for TS's later.

25 at Belmullet now - am I imagining it or has Belmullet always got the best of any good weather we've had in the last couple of years?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,643 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    25 at Belmullet now - am I imagining it or has Belmullet always got the best of any good weather we've had in the last couple of years?

i maybe be wrong but in these conditions Belmullet tends to do well temperature-wise and usually stays fine. i was there last year and it was pissing rain every where else in the country- even as far West as Castlebar, but Bemullet stayed warm and dry all day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    And its a cloudy 25C at Belmullet

Lower level cloud gone now with the sun poking through the higer cirrus, temp warming up nicely, currently 20.4°C, very nice out.

• Advertisement

Mothman wrote: »
    And its a cloudy 25C at Belmullet
    It's 18C here and cloudy with the odd spot of rain.

Advertisement