Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

owen1976 wrote: »
    Hi PYG,

just to let you know a friend of mine did it last year and had to wait 12 weeks from his AC to get his letter, and he passed. But I hope it doesn't take that long this time.

I'm going to be in the same boat next week as i pass the 6 week mark.

Its been said many times but the whole process wouldn't be as bad if we were all just kept better informed and they could stick time frame given!!

i agree owen1976 it would be much easier, its anxious enough waiting without the added inconvenice!

do you mind me asking when you completed your a/c? mine will be six weeks come this monday and taking everything into account i think ill be waiting a while longer..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭owen1976

Hi given I did my AC on the 18th june so my six weeks are up on the 30th july but I'm not holding much hope of hearing anything for a while.:(

Hi given I did my AC on the 18th june so my six weeks are up on the 30th july but I'm not holding much hope of hearing anything for a while.:(

same m8t, my wait for c13 is hitting over a year now so in thorey this should be wee buns......:(

was just wondering cause if we had done it on the same day it would be intresting to see if they arrived together and days/ weeks apart.. will still be intresting tho...

given1 wrote: »
    same m8t, my wait for c13 is hitting over a year now so in thorey this should be wee buns......:(

was just wondering cause if we had done it on the same day it would be intresting to see if they arrived together and days/ weeks apart.. will still be intresting tho...

Yeah it will be interesting to see, but hopeful you'll get word soon about C13 and then you'll not have to go through it all again!!!

I sort of feel your pain. I went through it all about 5 years ago but got turned down for driving offence, so I'v had to wait 5 years to reapply because of it!!

Hence why I really hope this time it doen't take too long, but I'v a feeling I'm just hoping!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

They wont reply to that email, trust me. :p

They replied to a previous one about vetting:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

Hi PYG,

just to let you know a friend of mine did it last year and had to wait 12 weeks from his AC to get his letter, and he passed. But I hope it doesn't take that long this time.

I'm going to be in the same boat next week as i pass the 6 week mark.

Its been said many times but the whole process wouldn't be as bad, I think, if we were all just kept better informed and they could stick time frame given!!

I waited 12 last time as well. I thought it might of been due to the process being changed a little due to the streamlining they were doing, but it looks like the same thing might go on this year too.

awh please dont say that!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

Holy byjazus

I was wondering why my ears were burning today yet I was at the flaming dentists!

I think Psni should X rate this forum lol..............tis getting a lil sexy on it . JUST LIKE ME :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Holy byjazus

I was wondering why my ears were burning today yet I was at the flaming dentists!

I think Psni should X rate this forum lol..............tis getting a lil sexy on it . JUST LIKE ME :P

Too sexy for his new PSNI uniform!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

O the uniforms are excellent, ya Def feel the business in them.
    Just want my warrant card and my 9mm and that's me as happy as a pig in the proverbial

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 the chosen one

Yeah it will be interesting to see, but hopeful you'll get word soon about C13 and then you'll not have to go through it all again!!!

I sort of feel your pain. I went through it all about 5 years ago but got turned down for driving offence, so I'v had to wait 5 years to reapply because of it!!

Hence why I really hope this time it doen't take too long, but I'v a feeling I'm just hoping!!
    Hi everyone,
    Just a quick question for Owen. Hope you dont mind me asking, but what was the motoring offence that disqualified you from recruitment? This is my first time applying and I have 2 relatively minor motoring offences and a caution. (Pretty bad i know!).

I have just had a reply for Consensia regarding AC results. I emailed them earlier as my 6 weeks are now up.

They said-

Results for the 1st week of AC's will be posted before the end of this week.

HAPPY DAYS!!!!!

All the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

I have just had a reply for Consensia regarding AC results. I emailed them earlier as my 6 weeks are now up.

Had a feeling they'd send the whole weeks together!!
    Roll on the end of the week! (bites nails)
    Good luck everyone!

thats so unfortunate to be held back because of that and on top of that wait a number of years for it to clear before you were able to reapply again, would have drove me crazy!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Guys can we please cut out the idle chatter from this thread? It's clear what type of information this thread should contain. There are several 'general' threads for having a bit of banter, but I want to try and keep the structre intact, otherwise we'll have people joining who can't find useful information for all the "ooohhh Matron" type of posts.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

Duly noted. I've suitably reprimanded myself :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

Hear hear!!

And me
    And PYG
    And Fo, Squirrel81,MustbeCrazy,given1,Maura2145.

All in the same squad LOL

Awww! How nice, all the gals! X. ...and given1!! :)

psni wrote: »
    Guys can we please cut out the idle chatter from this thread? It's clear what type of information this thread should contain. There are several 'general' threads for having a bit of banter, but I want to try and keep the structre intact, otherwise we'll have people joining who can't find useful information for all the "ooohhh Matron" type of posts.

Thanks.

Sorry.

( But I do love it when you're masterful........alrighttttt I'm away back to the gals thread....)

Fo wrote: »
    Awww! How nice, all the gals! X. ...and given1!! :)

lol im the next best thing to being a girl:D

A very close friend of mine got his AC results today. He passed.

He never got any vetting forms yet, but hes passed the AC.

• Advertisement

When did he do his?

Same day as you. Remember I told you on Pm. It says it is unlikely to be contacted by psni before september 2008

I thought it was the same day but wasnt sure. So i guess i might get mine today. Contacted about what? The medical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 shaz200828

Hi Guys

Just letting you's know I got my letter today regarding my AC and I passed, it was exactly 6 weeks from I did it.

Hope you all get your's soon x

ps I'm so happy!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

shaz200828 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Just letting you's know I got my letter today regarding my AC and I passed, it was exactly 6 weeks from I did it.

ps I'm so happy!!!!!!!

Congratulations. Now for the vetting/medical/merit pool/50:50. I love this process! :rolleyes:

shaz200828 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

ps I'm so happy!!!!!!!

My Ac was 6 weeks past on monday, but consensia said they were posting the 1st week of AC's results this week. Guess i will get mine later today. I think i might have failed.

I think i might have failed.

You have received your vetting forms, therefore I'll be very surprised if you have failed. I can't see any logic behind sending vetting forms to someone who hasn't passed.

carlty888 wrote: »
    You have received your vetting forms, therefore I'll be very surprised if you have failed. I can't see any logic behind sending vetting forms to someone who hasn't passed.

Despite what they or the psni say, i believe getting vetting forms must mean you passed.

I hope you guys are right! Iv been (foolishly) telling myself that getting vetting forms means a pass. But there is so much inconsistency i just dont know!!! Id be soooooooooooooooo gutted if i opened the letter and it was a fail.

PS- is it a large or small envelope (i need to know so i can spy on the postman)

• Advertisement

Its a standard consensia envelope. With one page inside it saying congratulations etc.

I hope you guys are right! Iv been (foolishly) telling myself that getting vetting forms means a pass. But there is so much inconsistency i just dont know!!! Id be soooooooooooooooo gutted if i opened the letter and it was a fail.

PS- is it a large or small envelope (i need to know so i can spy on the postman)

I just hope you get your letter today or you'll but gutted!!! And I'm sure it'll be congratulations and celebrations!!!

Its a standard consensia envelope. With one page inside it saying congratulations etc.

I want one of those:(

Pity I'll be waiting til the end of freaking Spetemeber to hear anything back:mad:

I gonna feel really sorry for PYG's postman if he doesn't have a 'Congrats, you've passed' letter with him.

I gonna feel really sorry for PYG's postman if he doesn't have a 'Congrats, you've passed' letter with him.

So do I, another bl**dy set of tryes shot to sh1t!!!!:p

ppl ive got my letter from consensia sitting in my hand i really dont want to open it:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

Dont be a pussy open the thing man. :cool:

ppl ive got my letter from consensia sitting in my hand i really dont want to open it:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or I'm not buying you a drink next week:eek:

Come on!!!:mad:

So do I, another bl**dy set of tryes shot to sh1t!!!!:p

MWAH HAHAHA HAAAAAAAA

Come on everybody give the man time to take it in and maybe its a case of we'll find out when hes ready!!

• Advertisement

hesssssssssss passed:D:D nearly cried when i seen the words you have been successful, lol sry i went of i rang my mum to work when i was opening it:p couldnt be happier cuz i got so worked up about vetting, so stressed about it!dne nothing for the grey hair:D lol mgh that mean the first drink is on you?;)

Well done at least if c13 dont work out you have another 6 - 8 months of stress lined up. Lucky you.. only kidding well done lad

Congrats Given!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you've got me wondering will my letter be at home for me when I get out of work!!!!!:eek::eek:

hesssssssssss passed:D:D nearly cried when i seen the words you have been successful, lol sry i went of i rang my mum to work when i was opening it:p couldnt be happier cuz i got so worked up about vetting, so stressed about it!dne nothing for the grey hair:D lol mgh that mean the first drink is on you?;)

Congratulations. Another Boardie through to the next stage. :D

Well done :D

pyg you should get yours later today, if i done mine after you your bound too, lol so dont be geting that shotgun out yet:D congrats to shaz also,its just such a relief....

Congrats Given!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you've got me wondering will my letter be at home for me when I get out of work!!!!!:eek::eek:

I was thinking the same thing. I was at the A/C on the same day as Given. I want to leave work now to go find out. You think my boss will notice? :rolleyes:

pyg you should get yours later today, if i done mine after you your bound too, lol so dont be geting that shotgun out yet:D congrats to shaz also,its just such a relief....

Well done chum!!!!!!!!
    :p

Diet coke was it?????????:D

I was thinking the same thing. I was at the A/C on the same day as Given. I want to leave work now to go find out. You think my boss will notice? :rolleyes:

Na they wont notice!!! LEG IT!!!!:D

Post man has arrived

• Advertisement
Advertisement