Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

faceman08 wrote: »
    I attended my AC on 4th July, only 3 weeks ago, and wasnt expecting a letter to arrive on the door step for at least another three weeks!

Thats brilliant - My Ac is one of the last to be held, to know I wouldnt have to wait til almost the end of Sept to find out results would be fabulous!

Have you had Vetting forms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 the chosen one

Just browsing through some of the threads. I, as a third person, have received a pass letter from Consensia although I only completed my A/C 4 weeks ago and was expecting to wait at least another 2 weeks, very strange!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭squirrel81

well, 2 weeks after getting my vetting form and worrying as to what it all meant, I got my pass letter :D . I did the ac on the 24/06, so wasnt expecting results for a while. Let the waiting game commence. All this talk about references, i put my minister and my best friend, how suitable I don't know, but hey. My OH acted as reference for our friend who has just passed out of Garnerville, and he was never contacted. I guess its only done at random, or if there are certain concerns.

v.v excited about the pass letter :p

squirrel81 wrote: »
    well, 2 weeks after getting my vetting form and worrying as to what it all meant, I got my pass letter :D . I did the ac on the 24/06, so wasnt expecting results for a while. Let the waiting game commence. All this talk about references, i put my minister and my best friend, how suitable I don't know, but hey. My OH acted as reference for our friend who has just passed out of Garnerville, and he was never contacted. I guess its only done at random, or if there are certain concerns.

v.v excited about the pass letter :p

Well done you!!!! :D

Have PM'd you:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭faceman08

JVB wrote: »
    Well done, welcome to the 'A-Team' ;):p

Dirk Benedict is a legend!!

Thanks very much JVB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭surfrunner

Got my Ac pass letter yesterday after completing my AC about 4 weeks ago. still no vetting forms yet. Onwards and upwards!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭faceman08

Thats brilliant - My Ac is one of the last to be held, to know I wouldnt have to wait til almost the end of Sept to find out results would be fabulous!

Have you had Vetting forms?

Hey, thanks very much MGH!

I had my vetting forms last Friday. Still a long way to go tho.... i was speaking to a friend last night, who has just passed out. He told me that from the date he applied, it took 2 and a half years for him to get a call telling him he was in! I dont know the exact reasons behind why it took so long, but i couldnt believe it!

Thank goodness the system seems to be a bit more streamlined this campaign!!!

The way things seem to be going, you hopefully wont have to wait the full 6 weeks for your results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

Not to put a downer on here, but has anyone heard of any fails yet?

Anyone know what the pass mark would be roughly?

Not to put a downer on here, but has anyone heard of any fails yet?

Anyone know what the pass mark would be roughly?

Pass mark is 40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭MrAnderson

Passed this morning too:D

Got a call to say a letter had arrived, bit of a relief now! Done the AC about three weeks ago now, no vetting forms yet though.

Well done to everyone else who got their letters, as JVB said, it's all gone a bit mental in here again!

Hopefully the speed at which Consensia are sending out letters will mean that anyone still to do the AC won't have to wait as long as they imagine.

Good luck to everyone still to do them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Griffer2

i did mine on the 25th and no letter as yet.......

yes panic has sunk in now :(

Griffer2 wrote: »

Dont worry, allow the full six weeks. And take heart from the previous posts that there is absolutely no consistency to the way things are being handled.

Thanks MGH i can see that from what other people were posting but people that have done theirs around mine were getting theres and it made me panic a wee bit...... maybe my postman is just rubbish and he's been throwing my letters into a hedge!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Dont stress - i got my letter to say i passed the a/c on thursday morning.... six weeks to the minute i did my a/c.

Dont stress until after 6 weeks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭conor123

yeah no point getting stressed after a few weeks. with the amount of different explanations for things being given to people i dont think even consensia no what they are doing IMHO:rolleyes:

just go with the flow and take things as they come;)

Oh to be a fly on the wall in their office lol

Oh to be a fly on the wall in their office lol

Yeah i bet they love to find new ways to make people sweat and tear there hair out. :mad::D

I heard the pass mark for the a/c is 40 but does any one know what score you need to get to stand a good chance of getting in?
    :confused:

Gee-22 wrote: »
    I heard the pass mark for the a/c is 40 but does any one know what score you need to get to stand a good chance of getting in?
    :confused:

I was told high 50's, like about 56/57 and up.

Hey MGH how did you find out that the pass mark is 40? does it say on the letter you receive from consensia?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 frank1

Around 55 out of 70 will get you in if your from the P background, while less, around 50 will do if your from the RC background

I was told high 50's, like about 56/57 and up.

Is it just a case of waiting to November for your merit score?
    or
    Will they do the vetting and medicals for the top scorers before giving you our report? :confused:

Hey MGH how did you find out that the pass mark is 40? does it say on the letter you receive from consensia?

I just know......:p

Gee-22 wrote: »
    Is it just a case of waiting to November for your merit score?
    or
    Will they do the vetting and medicals for the top scorers before giving you our report? :confused:

The general consensus of opion seems to be that the merit pool will be ready late sept after all the ACs have finished and they can finalise it.

As regards the vetting and medical the debate rages on but again the general consensus of opinion, given on what boardsies are reporting is that despite Consensia telling everyone at their ACs that they will receive Vetting forms, it appears that only those with high scores seem to be being sent Vetting.

Its now more than 6 weeks since the start of the AC process. Consensia again told candidates that the PSNI had specifically requesed that they wait the full six weeks before sending results. It now appears that there are people having sat the AC 2/3/4 weeks ago who are already in receipt of a pass letter. Some people have had a pass letter and no Vetting. Some people have had Vetting and no pass letter. Some people have had both.

Who really knows????????????????

For me personally being one of the last AC dates,I'm hoping to get my letter of pass/fail quite quickly and not have to sweat it out til the end of September!!!

Really all we can do is wait.......:rolleyes:

I just know......:p

Not what you know its who you know eh? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 regtgunner

Anyone thought that there might be a method to Consensia's madness.
    Staggering the vetting forms so that they are not overloaded with them all in one go. Not sure where the assumptions of having a high score are coming from, above the pass mark yes. But until all the a/c's have been done not even consensia's crystal ball can work out a list.

regtgunner wrote: »
    Anyone thought that there might be a method to Consensia's madness.
    Staggering the vetting forms so that they are not overloaded with them all in one go. Not sure where the assumptions of having a high score are coming from, above the pass mark yes. But until all the a/c's have been done not even consensia's crystal ball can work out a list.

As I've said before, just because they issue Vetting forms does not mean they have to process them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes while it is an assumption that only high scorers are getting Vetting forms it is a logical one.

And yes, until all the Acs are completed they cant issue a merit list but they will know who is hitting the required standard.

What is the point of sending a Vetting form to someone who has scored the pass mark or just slightly higher? Clearly they are not going to figure high enough on the merit list to warrant an offer of training???

Yes their methods are all out of whack as they do not seem to be sticking to timelines that they have stipulated but seemingly there may just be method to their madness.

Well if we weren't on here we'd know no different!
    Consensia's random actions are noted by all!
    Really they should have clear guidelines so everyone knows whats going on at the different stages. Kinda makes them look stupid when they say one thing then do another.
    mmmmmm, maybe a new business idea. Set up a recruitment company and take over from Consensia!
    Offering an informative service for all!
    A secure online server where you can log on with your UID number to check every stage of your application.
    At least you'd know where you stand and could make alternative plans.
    ....................we can only dream!
    :)

Well if we weren't on here we'd know no different!
    Consensia's random actions are noted by all!
    Really they should have clear guidelines so everyone knows whats going on at the different stages. Kinda makes them look stupid when they say one thing then do another.
    mmmmmm, maybe a new business idea. Set up a recruitment company and take over from Consensia!
    Offering an informative service for all!
    A secure online server where you can log on with your UID number to check every stage of your application.
    At least you'd know where you stand and could make alternative plans.
    ....................we can only dream!
    :)

I think you'd be on a winner there!!!!!!!!!!!

And if rumour is true and Consensia moles read this site....THEN SHAME ON YOU CONSENSIA!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

I better get started on my business plan!
    Asinesnoc recruitment it is then.

Moles beware, you may be made redundant in the near future, so less reading the forums and more paper work processing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭ciaran2008

I had my AC yesterday evening! I have to say I found it alot harder than I had expected! I am positive I have failed it! I didnt even work on the competencies i.e tem working etc at each stage. I just tried to resolve the problems so for problem solving: pass but as for the rest of the competencies failed!

Congrats to all those who have recieved the pass letters to date and good luck to those waiting to do the AC/awaiting results.

oh yea. .

The worst part was at the end when I was sure I had failed and they then give you a DVD which just makes the PSNI look like an even mre appealing job. .

But to be honest it has just made me more determined for uture campaigns :D

ciaran2008 wrote: »
    oh yea. .

The worst part was at the end when I was sure I had failed and they then give you a DVD which just makes the PSNI look like an even mre appealing job. .

But to be honest it has just made me more determined for uture campaigns :D

OOh a dvd.....exciting

I'm sure you've done better than you think, just wait for the post......:P

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

I had my AC yesterday evening! I have to say I found it alot harder than I had expected! I am positive I have failed it! I didnt even work on the competencies i.e tem working etc at each stage. I just tried to resolve the problems so for problem solving: pass but as for the rest of the competencies failed!

Congrats to all those who have recieved the pass letters to date and good luck to those waiting to do the AC/awaiting results.

Hi Ciaran

I think it's impossible to know how you have done at the a/c. I came out thinking I'd done OK and didn't find it half as intimidating as I was expecting - but every day since I've thought of things I should have said and didn't and I've gone from feeling quite confident to thinking I've failed. On the other hand I came out of the IST convinced I'd failed only to find I'd passed so who knows!!?? At least you are feeling positive about the job itself :)
    MBC x (I'm not watching the dvd until I find out how I've done at the a/c - I don't want to torture myself needlessly :rolleyes:)

Hi Ciaran

MBC x (I'm not watching the dvd until I find out how I've done at the a/c - I don't want to torture myself needlessly :rolleyes:)

lol! Good idea. . too late for me though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭conor123

if its the same DVD as last year then its crap to be honest:
    cheap jobie that was knocked together in two minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

it appears that only those with high scores seem to be being sent Vetting.

Oh how I really wish that was the case :)

To be honest though I think it's pretty random who receives vetting forms and when. Although I see your point that It would be logical only to send them to the 'big hitters', I haven't seen much logic elsewhere in the process lol.

MrFug wrote: »
    Oh how I really wish that was the case :)

To be honest though I think it's pretty random who receives vetting forms and when. Although I see your point that It would be logical only to send them to the 'big hitters', I haven't seen much logic elsewhere in the process lol.

A guy from consensia will explain to you on the day of your AC the reason why people recieve vetting etc before pass results. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 --thepirate--

Hi all:)

Well done to all that have passed the A/C nad are on to the next stage of this nerve wrecking process:D
    I have my A/C tomorrow:eek:Yes nerves kicking in now but not worried.Just going to be myself and take it from there.Hopefully my best is good enough and if not at least ive gave it my all.
    Neways just one quick question/concern i have.

What should I wear?

I know previous post people have said to wear a suit but i dont know would I honestly be comfortable in one.Was thinking of wearing nice pair of pants,shirt and tie.Basically a suit bar the jacket:)
    Would this be ok?:confused:

Thanks all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

Hi thepirate

Yes I think that sounds smart enough and considering the temperature it's prob alot more sensible. Besides they would prob think you just slipped your jacket off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 --thepirate--

Thanks for that Alanbelfast:)Will just go with that and see how i get on.Not overly excited about the thoughts of role plays:DBut hey,all we can do is or best.
    Good luck all:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 gaz1234

Hi everyone, i'm new on here....great site. I completed my AC on 11th July and got vetting forms on thursday but no letter from consensia as yet. I was just wondering does everyone who gets vetting forms get called for a medical???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

What DVD ? I never got a DVD!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

gaz1234 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, i'm new on here....great site. I completed my AC on 11th July and got vetting forms on thursday but no letter from consensia as yet. I was just wondering does everyone who gets vetting forms get called for a medical???

They did last year, but there seems to be some confusion as to whether it's working the same this time.:confused:

What DVD ? I never got a DVD!!:mad:

When you hand in your nametag at the end of the day and take your mobile back the consensia lady gives out some sheet and a DVD. I never watched it though so can't comment on what you've missed out on. :)

A guy from consensia will explain to you on the day of your AC the reason why people recieve vetting etc before pass results. .

Hi ciaran, what do you mean by this comment?:rolleyes:
    Did some one explain why you would get a vetting form before pass results?:confused:
    +
    Does anyone know what consensia would say if you rang them to ask why people are getting vetting forms before results? Just a thought.:D

Gee-22, well volunteered!
    Go for it, see what answer they give you.
    Would be great to have a proper answer to why the random vetting forms are going out.
    But you gotta share it!

Gee-22, well volunteered!
    Go for it, see what answer they give you.
    Would be great to have a proper answer to why the random vetting forms are going out.
    But you gotta share it!

Ok, since you dared me.....
    I will make the call in the morning.
    Stay tuned for the result.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 frank1

On the letter with the vetting it says something like..vetting is commenced on successful completion of the A/C....so what I am taking from that is that everyone who gets the vetting has passed the A/C and shouldnt worry whether its 14 or 42 days before they receive the pass/fail letter from consensia.

In regards to those who havent received vetting forms before the end of the 6 weeks, havent a clue! Maybe because there are hundreds and hundreds of applications to process, that maybe the odd one here and there has been misplaced, so maybe a quick phonecall to vetting might put your minds at rest...

frank1 wrote: »
    On the letter with the vetting it says something like..vetting is commenced on successful completion of the A/C....so what I am taking from that is that everyone who gets the vetting has passed the A/C and shouldnt worry whether its 14 or 42 days before they receive the pass/fail letter from consensia.

Not necessarily. Yes it says that vetting is commenced on successful completion of the A/C, however receiving and returning vetting forms doesn't mean that the PSNI will commence processing them. I think they are just getting all forms in early to expediate the next stage. The consensia guy at the A/C said something similar to this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement