Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S04E10 - Revelations [***SPOILERS***]

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

User45701 wrote: »
    and stone wall behind them establishing
    Actually it's this part of your post that I'm wondering about, the rest I was able to decipher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

I think what makes this cliffhanger so painstakingly annoying is that there was no dramatic ending, it was all so quiet and calm and now all I can think about is what happens next WHAT HAPPENS NEXT??

It was an absolute stroke of genius for this mid season cliff hanger, when they come back for the final batch of episodes it'll feel like a whole different show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

mgsrocks wrote: »
    For those who think the last scene is not on earth, compare attached pics.

Cool, this pic also seems to reinforce your argument.

Manhattan

Earth or not, they have found a planet that up until a recent nuclear war was a fully fledged civilization. We all know how rare planets like this are in the BSG universe.

Also, as for the "blink and you'll miss it image" at the end of the promo, does this mean that Colonel Sanders is the 5th???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

One other thing, I havent watched the sopranos so I dont know squat about the final episode. However a lot of people have been making suppositions that the final BSG episode may head the same way. Its interesting to note that RDM's blog on June 11th 2007 indicates he was not only a fan of the sopranos, but inspired by the finale. Hopefully this means he is not going to let BSG end on a "hey, he ripped off the sopranos" note, as that would truly suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,849 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

That Pegasus cliffhanger still gave me bumps reading it :) it was a good way to split the season truthfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Talisman

Some info for those debating the likely time scale of the nuclear strike on the city at the end of the episode - the level of residual radiation at Nagasaki and Hiroshima fell to 'normal' background levels in less than 50 years. Judging by the geiger counter, the fist full of dirt that Adama picked up was nowhere near normal levels which would mean the nuclear attack took place relatively recently.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Talisman wrote: »
    Some info for those debating the likely time scale of the nuclear strike on the city at the end of the episode - the level of residual radiation at Nagasaki and Hiroshima fell to 'normal' background levels in less than 50 years. Judging by the geiger counter, the fist full of dirt that Adama picked up was nowhere near normal levels which would mean the nuclear attack took place relatively recently.

Or the editor googled "geiger counter" and used the first sound effect he found :)

I think you are being a little too thorough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭leinsterman

I'm betting Starbuck was the cause of the nuclear attack during her little dissappearing act ... thus fulfilling her "Harbinger of Destruction" role ... and cleansing the way for a new race of Human / Cylon hybrids to begin on the planet ...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I'm betting Starbuck was the cause of the nuclear attack during her little dissappearing act ... thus fulfilling her "Harbinger of Destruction" role ... and cleansing the way for a new race of Human / Cylon hybrids to begin on the planet ...
    That could be a very good shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,550 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Interesting thesis .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Interesting thesis .

Very interesting.

I was hoping they'd say something about the Geiger reading though, suggesting how dangerous the radiation levels were, and giving us an idea of how long it had been since the destruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

jor el wrote: »
    Very interesting.

I was hoping they'd say something about the Geiger reading though, suggesting how dangerous the radiation levels were, and giving us an idea of how long it had been since the destruction.
    Its obviously not too dangerous since they were all walking around unprotected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Well all will be revealed, if in the next episode they're all in decontamination showers we'll probably have a fair idea of how long ago earth was nuked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Don't think it was caused by starbuck. There is plantlife growing up the side of the ruins of the bridge. So it wasn't months ago, it was years or decades ago. Like I said in previous posts, I think its possible the cylons discovered Earth and kobol during their 40 year armistace with the colonies.

Just had a thought...

Anyone remember this Arthur C Clarke short Story

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Star_(short_story)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Remember the time difference when Starbuck went to Earth and returned? It took her weeks, yet for Galactica it was only a matter of hours. Any chance they have travelled through a wormhole or such, to the future? And such the point of the rest of the season will be the find the current time Earth?

Its obviously not too dangerous since they were all walking around unprotected.
    The air isn't iradiated so they would be relatively safe. The problems would arise if they chose to settle there and plant a few vegetables and keep animals on the land. Ingesting food from radioactive soil is one way to wipe out the remaining human population. Animal and plant life around Chernobyl began recovering within a few years and within 15 years it was flourishing more than before the disaster. The problem is that over 20 years on, the incidence of cancers and defects in animals is still quite high and plants are still showing signs of mutation also.

Remember the time difference when Starbuck went to Earth and returned? It took her weeks, yet for Galactica it was only a matter of hours. Any chance they have travelled through a wormhole or such, to the future? And such the point of the rest of the season will be the find the current time Earth?
    You got that the wrong way around. She was gone from the fleet for over three months, but to Starbuck it seemed like a matter of hours/days.

No starbuck already fulfilled her role and brought humanity to its end: which happened on earth apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

You got that the wrong way around. She was gone from the fleet for over three months, but to Starbuck it seemed like a matter of hours/days.

Sorry, just mixed it up a bit :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

does this mean that Colonel Sanders is the 5th???
    Maybe Ensign Sam Anders is getting bumped up the hierarchy a few notches?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    One other thing, I havent watched the sopranos so I dont know squat about the final episode. However a lot of people have been making suppositions that the final BSG episode may head the same way. Its interesting to note that RDM's blog on June 11th 2007 indicates he was not only a fan of the sopranos, but inspired by the finale. Hopefully this means he is not going to let BSG end on a "hey, he ripped off the sopranos" note, as that would truly suck.

I didn't think the end of S4 (part I) would have been the worst ending overall.
    Well, OK, a lot of things left unanswered, but I love the idea that there's been a huge buid up of 3.5 seasons of searching for something, they find it, and it's worthless.

I wonder it they planned it like that in case things went crazy with the writers strike and they never got to make the second part.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

OH EM GEE

• Registered Users Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭✭noodler

If there was a nuclear blast on earth, it would not be walkable on 3 monthes later.

But then Galactica do have anti-radiation meds so that saves that!

She is seen burning, what looks like here own body on the preview for the next half od the series. I.e. here body that dies on earth. Speculation but she is holding what looks like her dog tags in the promo.

I can not wait this long.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

So I wonder how the final five were there already, I see flashbacks coming. There better actually be a cool scene with them all standing in robes on a balcony fully embracing their cylon sides! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

wow. hadnt read anything about this ep before i watched it any was on the edge of my seat! Though it could have been made into a 2 parter or they should have made it a 1.5hr long episode as the 2nd half did seem sightly rushed.

In relation to the teaser for the rest of the season:
    Romo wrote: »
    I watched it again.
    The music from the promo is still playing and the camera has that jerky BSG quality. It's actually a shot of a new KFC product called smokey chipotle crispy chicken. I think it's an attempt at viral marketing. Get people talking. 'KFC in BSG! What's going on? Is it present day?' That sort of thing. There's also the corny rank thing, Colonel Tigh/Colonel Sanders. I know, corny.

I really wished i hadnt watched the teaser for the rest of the season but i hope you are right!! If you are i'd feel a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

The KFC thing -- you really think that has something to do with anything BSG related?

Looked to me like whoever encoded the video just caught a couple of frames from a KFC advert that was on after the show. I find it hard to believe that people are even seriously speculating about some sort of KFC involvement / product placement in the show.

Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,916 ✭✭✭✭Stark

My theory is that the KFC bucket is the final cylon.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

The radiation levels are interesting. their high enough to be picked up by the geiger counters and are clearly not back down to the level of background radiation.

Assuming its earth and its similar to real life earth, whats the Half Life of a nuclear weapon? Whats the radiation situation in Hiroshima now in good ol 2008?

That and yes we have seen both cylon and skinjob on caprica running around just months after planetwide fallout. amazingly, plantlife wasnt affected? Hmm.. but thats a side thought.

True it could have been starbuck. She was gone a while, and it took them even longer to get to Earth after her apparent death.

Im begining to think the death of starbuck and the radiation levels on earth match very nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Was it 3 monthes Starbuck was missing? Clearly ppl could survive as you say cos Helo/Sharon etc were on Caprica in the aftermath.

Im dieing to know how starbuck killed the human race, Im thinking something ala an episode of Enterprise, where the plasma exhausts of the ship leak and then burn into the atmosphere, setting off a chain reaction that kills every settler on the planet.

But then it IS suppossed to be a nuclear war. Maybe there was a war over the space alien? Or the technology contained in the viper?

Were the civilisation she met advanced enough to build her a new viper?

So many questions. This really is torture. Damn you Sci-Fi

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    If there was a nuclear blast on earth, it would not be walkable on 3 monthes later.
    Yes it would. Following a nuclear detonation 80-90% of the residual radiation is released in the first 24 hours. The radiation level falls away quite quickly. There were plenty of survivors on Caprica after the nuclear attack and the resistance had no problems getting about the place.

My one criticism of the final scene is that there is vegetation (ivy I think) and if the cast are standing on the site of a recent nuclear strike then there would be no vegetation as it would have been completely incinerated in the fireball from the blast.

Advertisement