Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eirtakon 08 Who's gonna go in cosplay?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Wait a con in Ireland? a mate and I have been going to Chicago last 2 years. for ACen.

Where bouts is this thing held?
    Dublin City University, in November. It'll be in the Hub if you know the layout of DCU.

EirtaKon is in now in it's fourth year, and seeing as this is being organised by the same team who ran the most succesful EirtaKon to date; EirtaKon 2007 MKII, it promises to be great fun.

Don't expect it to be as big as an American con or an Expo, though there has been over 400 attendees, which, proportionally speaking, is excellent for a country this size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Chronostearsxx

My friend and I really want to go this year, but transportation is acting the fickle bitch...... hmmm anybody have any ideas were only in kildare so i must sound a bit babbyish compared to someone coming from like galway or sumtin but still haha

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

My friend and I really want to go this year, but transportation is acting the fickle bitch...... hmmm anybody have any ideas were only in kildare so i must sound a bit babbyish compared to someone coming from like galway or sumtin but still haha

Well DCU is well serviced by bus routes. You just need to get to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Get a taxi to Maynooth. Bus to Dublin cith centre. Bus to DCU. You are there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Theres a bus service from Naas as well if you're around there. It drops you at the quays and you can easily get a bus to DCU from there.

• Advertisement

Cool thanks for all the help! ^^

Yep Naas is pretty close, Im also on the Dublin Edenderry bus route just once i get near Dublin i get ah a bit lost....heh

Cool thanks for all the help! ^^

Yep Naas is pretty close, Im also on the Dublin Edenderry bus route just once i get near Dublin i get ah a bit lost....heh

Walk up to people in Dublin and ask them. Old people usually have the most knowledge.

Im to shy to walk up to randomers! Ive never gone farther on the bus than the half-penny brige!! ive been to like temple bar but thats it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Old people in Dublin are mostly very friendly. Im from Monaghan but living in Dublin for college and the old people are always happy to give me directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I'll be going but won't be cosplaying, cos thats for ******s.

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »
    0/10

Cosplaying is quite as popular pasttime, with a lot of people putting a lot of time and effort into their costumes. Think what you will, but if you ever attend a large American or English convention or Expo, you'll find a large proportion of attendees costumed. There'll probably even be a few you won't notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Burial

You know, cosplaying is like bringing a jersey to support your team in a match. You'd get on better with your teams supporters. In fact, its like calling people who wear a jersey to a match to support their team "******s". You'd look like an idiot. If you arrive in normal clothes. No one is going to care, you may have just as much fun, but people will appreciate the fact that you tried to make an effort anyway. And it shows you actually like what you saw, and may be easier to meet people. Though I probably wouldn't go in cosplay, it's still quite a good idea and an idea that is not only for ******s but for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Moneymaker wrote: »

What on earth is your problem with them? [0o]

Bah why bother feeding the troll...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

Any idea when this is on in November???

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

14th - 16th nov

14th - 16th nov

Cool thanks man. Think I will goto that. Is there tickets or is it just free admission????

Usually tickets cost a reasonable amount.

There might be info at http://www.eirtakon.com/

Usually tickets cost a reasonable amount.

There might be info at http://www.eirtakon.com/

Thanks man

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

owlwink wrote: »
    Cool thanks man.

but i is a girl :(

but i is a girl :(

Thanks woman :D that better ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

owlwink wrote: »
    Thanks woman :D now make me lunch! that better ???
    Fixed ;)

Anyway, decided to go as Spike from Cowboy Bebop :)

Bah! If I was going in cosplay, It would've been Spike. Ah well. No cosplay for me. I will however be staring angrily at you during the event. (If I go)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Burial wrote: »
    Bah! If I was going in cosplay, It would've been Spike. Ah well. No cosplay for me. I will however be staring angrily at you during the event. (If I go)
    If you want to go as spike I can go as Vicious?

Fixed ;)

Anyway, decided to go as Spike from Cowboy Bebop :)

Wooo, sammich time. No mustard on mine thanks.

Damn I wanted to go as Vicious :eek:

Nah you go as Spike. If I was going in cosplay, he'd be it. I thought I was being original. The thought of showing up the same as someone else has put me off going in cosplay... Still might though. Looks like I'll have to look around and watch more anime to find my new character! ;)

Burial wrote: »
    Nah you go as Spike. If I was going in cosplay, he'd be it. I thought I was being original. The thought of showing up the same as someone else has put me off going in cosplay... Still might though. Looks like I'll have to look around and watch more anime to find my new character! ;)

You should go as Brock from Pokemon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Awwwww ... me is getting all excited about this :D Was thinking of being a Chobit .. or Lucy from Elfen Lied.. Hope there wont be many of my kind :D

Yuugib wrote: »
    Awwwww ... me is getting all excited about this :D Was thinking of being a Chobit .. or Lucy from Elfen Lied.. Hope there wont be many of my kind :D

Sure there was a guy last year dressed as Chobits. He was a really nice guy. He kicked my ass at one of the fighting games. What games were played last year again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Unfortunately this will be my first year :(
    But I'll be happy to hear as well what was happening last year :D

Advertisement