Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eirtakon 08 Who's gonna go in cosplay?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

Thinking of going Asuka, ala Re-Take/EoE, bandages, eyepatch; whole shebang.
    Or just perhaps uniform!Rei.

Other thoughts are Haruhi Suzumiya, or Abiru (SZS).

I'd have liked to go as C.C, but being honest, a green wig would look fierce tacky. I'd prefer to go without a wig, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

What a pity I'm going to Malaga for a free holiday that weekend! Was going to wear my pink maid outfit!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

It is great to see that many people are planning on cosplaying for Eirtakon. Cosplay is getting bigger every year. We also have an Eirtakon Bebo, if interested; http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3454885735

I am on the Eirtakon Committee, who looks after cosplay and Lolita, so if you have any questions about cosplay/lolita events, masquerade and skits feel free to pm me.

*Quote*Thinking of going Asuka, ala Re-Take/EoE, bandages, eyepatch; whole shebang.
    Or just perhaps uniform!Rei.*Quote*

That would be interesting to see. A friend of mine plans to cosplay as EGL Asuka for Eirtakon. I went as EGL Rei for Eirtakon last year and Q-con, my boyfriend cosplayed a Gendo Ikari for Q-con too. It was fun!

*Quote*I'd have liked to go as C.C, but being honest, a green wig would look fierce tacky. I'd prefer to go without a wig, really.*Quote*

I plan as going as C.C for Eirtakon myself in this outfit.
    http://static3.animepaper.net/upload/thumbs/scans/Code-Geass/%5Blarge%5D%5BAnimePaper%5Dscans_Code-Geass_Siesta(0.67)__THISRES__180699.jpg

About the hair I love her hair the way it is bright. I was just going to put on green hairspray but tbh I think it will look terrible. The wig would look a lot better. Then again it could look good, its just for the laugh anyway.:p This will be my first proper costume and my boyfriend is going to help me make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I only found out about this thing a couple months back, is great to see so many people interested in cosplay~
    I might be making an appearence as Vega from Street Fighter as everyone in my house is planning on doing a big Street Fighter group for Halloween... here's hoping that actually materialises!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Sure there was a guy last year dressed as Chobits. He was a really nice guy. He kicked my ass at one of the fighting games. What games were played last year again?

I vaguely remember Smash Bros Melee and Darkstalkers being played in some corner. I was disappointed with the lack of 'special rules' matches of Smash Bros going on.

Will probably be in some stage of costume for the few days. Not a big dresser-up so it'll be something that i can pass off as my own clothes >_>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Rhyme wrote: »
    I vaguely remember Smash Bros Melee and Darkstalkers being played in some corner. I was disappointed with the lack of 'special rules' matches of Smash Bros going on.

Will probably be in some stage of costume for the few days. Not a big dresser-up so it'll be something that i can pass off as my own clothes >_>
    Everyone plays Smash Bros differently. So someone will always be disappointed by a tournament set-up.
    Personally, I prefer a 3 minute KO fest to the 5 man stock I see most people playing.

I thought about going in costume to this up coming one, but I can't really tink of a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

Not a big dresser-up so it'll be something that i can pass off as my own clothes >_>

*Cough* L *Cough*

Ah God bless you Death Note for making cosplay that much easier and less embarassing for everyone... XD

*Cough* L *Cough*

Nah, a friend of mine is going as L already (with a possible Haruhi dance thrown in for free).

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Nah, a friend of mine is going as L already (with a possible Haruhi dance thrown in for free).
    I've played the "Count the Ls" game at every con I've been to since Death Note. I never get only one.

Other variants include the "Count the Kisuke Uruhara Hats" and "Count the Ninja Headbands"

Exravagent cosplays are always more impressive than plain clothes ones. Not to say that pain clothes ones aren't cool too. Zen2nd cosplaying as Kakashi is still one of the coolest cosplays I have seen.

• Advertisement

I've played the "Count the Ls" game at every con I've been to since Death Note. I never get only one.

Heh, true. There were a fair few last year. The friend is teaming up with a Misa and Light though so at least they have the full 'main set'.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

*Cough* L *Cough*

bare feet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

Other variants include the "Count the Kisuke Uruhara Hats" and "Count the Ninja Headbands"

Exravagent cosplays are always more impressive than plain clothes ones. Not to say that pain clothes ones aren't cool too. Zen2nd cosplaying as Kakashi is still one of the coolest cosplays I have seen.

I'm quite happy with how my newest cosplay is turning out :D

heh, took me a while to track down a photo of that costume, but it really is damn impressive! XD
    What ya got cooking this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

Its a secret. :D

Ha! I'll live in suspense for a few monthes then... XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Metal Gear Emz

Well I'm going as Otacon from MGS and my friends are going as Solid Snake and Kelly!

Well I'm going as Otacon from MGS and my friends are going as Solid Snake and Kelly!
    The MGS1/2 or 4 Otacon?

Whichever you're going as, learn the Snake/Otacon handshake from MGS2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMJBhDCqqBc

...might have to improvise on the bits that aren't shown in the video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Metal Gear Emz

The MGS1/2 or 4 Otacon?

Whichever you're going as, learn the Snake/Otacon handshake from MGS2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMJBhDCqqBc

...might have to improvise on the bits that aren't shown in the video.

MGS4 Otacon.He's smexier in it:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

class i never knew there was one in ireland!!

might conisder going, got a viewtiful joe costume im yearning to show off ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 CornBlitz

sweet.. never knew about this and i live just 10mins from DCU.. lol.. gonna go this time for sure.. hoping to have a great time.. not sure if i'll cosplay though..

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Burial

When is this on exactly??

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Burial wrote: »
    When is this on exactly??

November 14th-16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Burial

Thats ages away.... Yet I'll still be too lazy to do cosplay! :D

Anyone have any links for it??

And what will be happening at it? I heard last year was just a place to sell anime/magna.. If it's like that, I don't think I'll go...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Burial wrote: »
    Thats ages away.... Yet I'll still be too lazy to do cosplay! :D

Anyone have any links for it??

And what will be happening at it? I heard last year was just a place to sell anime/magna.. If it's like that, I don't think I'll go...

Nah. There's multiple screenings running in different rooms over the weekend. It's a great way to catch up on some gems that you may have missed during the year.

Sure there's dealers hall too though... but it's pretty neat some of the merchandise they have. I love my Make Out Tactics wallet I got there last year.

But the cosplay is a huge part of it... walking around and seeing the amount of effort people have put into their costumes is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Hagakure_irl

Decided last night I;m dressing up for Halloween as Chris Redfield so I'm gonna go to the convention as him too!

Advertisement