Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eirtakon 08 Who's gonna go in cosplay?

Options
  • 13-06-2008 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Just wondering who will be goin to Eirtakon 08 in cosplay or am I gonna be the only weirdo arriving dressed like a ninja!!!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Jonniboy wrote: »
    Just wondering who will be goin to Eirtakon 08 in cosplay or am I gonna be the only weirdo arriving dressed like a ninja!!!:D

If I go, I'll go in Cosplay, but I'm still not sure if I want to go, really need to see if more people my own age are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

i'm staffing and cosplaying, that is if i get it done in time and i haven't even started.....

i'm thinking of going as soi fon from bleach but i have yet to begin so there's the big possibility it will not happen!

but i heard that at the last eirtakon there were loads of cosplayers so you shan't be on your own!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Jonniboy

Cool! Thats good to hear!! Well what age are you Ginger man? Im 24 and Im gonna go cosplay for the laugh!!

Im thinking of going as one or other of the uchiha's from Naruto..

There's a pretty good akatsuki outfit online for about €50 and sharingan contacts for €50 aswell! Maybe kakashi though... Hmmm tough choice!

Other than that I would go as cloud from Final fantasy 8

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭andgoodbye

Well I'm 16 and I'm going as nero from DMC4, and my mate is going as L from Deathbote. Fun :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

There's a pretty good akatsuki outfit online for about €50

Where!!? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

I didn't even realise Ireland had such an event!Could someone post some deatils about it please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Well, Earlier today, a mate of mine and I started building big robot boddies out of all the pizza boxes in my recyling bin. The possibilities of a Gurren-Lagann suit are rising fast!

I didn't even realise Ireland had such an event!Could someone post some deatils about it please?
    Ehm...it's in DCU over the course of the last weekend in november.
    I think it's like 14 euro and you get a tshirt.
    That's about it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

andgoodbye wrote: »
    Ehm...it's in DCU over the course of the last weekend in november.
    I think it's like 14 euro and you get a tshirt.
    That's about it tbh.

Last years t-shirts were not really eirtakon branded. They had no words :p.

The t-shirts are for people who buy the weekend pass and there is a limited supply.

Last years t-shirts were not really eirtakon branded. They had no words :p.

The t-shirts are for people who buy the weekend pass and there is a limited supply.
    How much is the weekend pass?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Ummm, I never knew this existed!!!!! (<-overuse of exclamation) Whyyyy!

Okay, I think this is going to be my first year going. Can anyone tell me what to expect?

Might mock up some random costume and....ooh ooh Domo-Kun! I wonder how easy it would be to get/make a costume for that.

andgoodbye wrote: »
    How much is the weekend pass?
    12 euro last year I think.
    chin_grin wrote: »
    Ummm, I never knew this existed!!!!! (<-overuse of exclamation) Whyyyy!

Okay, I think this is going to be my first year going. Can anyone tell me what to expect?

Might mock up some random costume and....ooh ooh Domo-Kun! I wonder how easy it would be to get/make a costume for that.

Expect a bunch of geeks in weird costumes standing around and watching anime. Its freaking awesome. A celebration of geekdom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Was up at Qcon over the weekend and stunned at the amount of cosplayers! It really is exploding in Ireland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

When the hell did this start!!!

Is it only anime cosplay ar are there any video game cosplayers? Im starting a BF2142 soldier for A-kon in Dallas next year and I might have it ready in time.

If anyone wants to see my pics of a-kon there here
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=26936&l=d185a&id=528599789
    and
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=27069&l=8c683&id=528599789

Its mostly video games costumes as I was at the world record for people in video game costumes and ended up missing the cosplay skits cause I got the timetable mixed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I dressed as Zetsubou Sensei last time... but no one seemed to know who he was.. I was very disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

I hope to this year (missed last year, went the year before that), and I might go in costume. In the last year I've been an airforce piolet, a Roman emperor, a pirate and an SS officer. I've never done anime costumes, but I'm sure I could come up with something....One problem is my hair is far too long to spike unless I use no more nails, something I'm not willing to do.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Other than that I would go as cloud from Final fantasy 8:D

Don't you mean Squall ? :) Well that or Vincent Valentine would be pretty cool costumes from FF, oh yeah and Seifer from FF8 too.

As for Anime etc ? Sasuke is a pretty simple get up, and the classic DBz costume is another idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 clark nova

If I go I will be dressed as rusty venture from the venture brothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

clark nova wrote: »
    If I go I will be dressed as rusty venture from the venture brothers.

Speed suit and all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Due to my current hair style and wardrobe I think I could pull off Kimblee from FMA, so if you see some weirdo come up to you with arms out wishing he could blow you up that will be me ;)

I'm also very tempted to go as Able from Trinity Blood, hmmm it's a hard choice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Mars619

I was thinking of going as Itsuki from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I'm gonna bet everyone's gonna think I'm Kyon, but I'll have a hairstyle change untill then, hopefully. If not, I'll just say I'm going for Itsuki more than Kyon and put on a smile and make sure it never fades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Devoid

There's a convention?! And cosplay?
    Oooo. I'd love to go as Death the Kid. But getting or making a wig with white stripes- Tricky.

Devoid wrote: »
    There's a convention?! And cosplay?
    Oooo. I'd love to go as Death the Kid. But getting or making a wig with white stripes- Tricky.

Pritt stick down a black toupee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Devoid

Pritt stick down a black toupee.

You mean, paste some white cloth or something on? That would look baaad.
    I might try the white acrylic paint on a black wig approach.

Devoid wrote: »
    You mean, paste some white cloth or something on? That would look baaad.
    I might try the white acrylic paint on a black wig approach.

The toupee itself would look bad :P. I was thinking more of just lines of pritt stick. So the hair could still move a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 clark nova

King Mob wrote: »
    Speed suit and all?

Nah I just look like a weedy little science nerd, it will be my excuse for not dressing up

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Emiily

Humm thinking about going as Haku from Naruto... Or going in my kimono but wearing Haku's mask...

I dunno though.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Haku would be a good character to cosplay but you'd really need a friend to dress up as Zabuza for it to be complete...i think anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Emiily

Note the fact that I will look nothing like Haku just the mask xD
    My kimono's pink and black with swans so I dont think its haku's thing...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Wait a con in Ireland? a mate and I have been going to Chicago last 2 years. for ACen.

Where bouts is this thing held?

Advertisement