Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COD 5 in WW2-What do you think?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Lets just have a WWI game and be done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 racer25

TomCo wrote: »
    Lets just have a WWI game and be done with it.

Airstrike with a Fokker.... :D

Like the idea of the WWII in island settings, but is the whole genre is danger of becoming stale. I played 2142 it was quite reasonable. Perks of Drones and shields would not be bad - How about Callof Duty 6 - Judgement Day themed around Terminator?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭A_SN

Meh, WWII... it's like all there is to war is what the Battlefield series did, i.e. WWII, Vietname, Iraq 2003, and the distant future.

You know what would own? An invasion of Iran in 2010, something like that. Something fictuous but not far from what could be or could have been, kind of like that recent strategy game that was about Seattle, WA being invaded by Russians in 1988. Or also they could do something about a completely different conflict, I mean, conflicts of all kinds in all eras and areas are dime a dozen really, a shame they would only focus on the big American conflicts of the last 70 years..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭motherfunker

I'd love to see a IRA v's British army game. Battle of the Bogside, defending Free Derry corner, evading SAS squads. Training level in Lybia.
    Play as Republican, loyalsit or brisish army.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭A_SN

I agree motherfunker. That's different types of wars, with different kinds of battles, that can have interesting aspects other than big American army vs big German army and so on.. I'd particularly love a small war game with a local frontline (probably as in battles involving the IRA) which would all take place on one single big map, i.e. 100 square miles of wherever the events took place, and have the whole thing based on this, being up to you to choose strategy and all of that..

Actually I guess that would be comparable to what many MMORPGs are, just except more like a war FPS.

• Advertisement
Advertisement