Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep your doors locked!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

stan1979 wrote: »
    morning folks,

cheers for the invite out drinking, unfortunately heading away for a few days hols this friday with the mrs family. should be entertaining. might catch ya on the next session down the town. not sure which garden you mean, but there is always an oul fella out there working on a garden so maybe thats it.
    have to say i am well impressed with "porto" as my mates have christened it even if there is a few heads about. same shi* different town.

whats the job situation like in the area? the mrs is thinking of looking for a job nearby instead of town

stan

Depends what she wants to do.. tbh, Portlaoise would have better job opportunities, but as i said, it depends on what she wants to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Depends on what she does really Stan.....I'm sure there are always jobs around but I'm guessing it'd be more for things like shop assistants than brain surgery:D!

She might be better off looking in Portlaoise or Tullamore maybe if she really is a brain surgeon!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

the leinster express always has jobs advertised in that locally you should check that out. ;)

steve_o wrote: »
    depends What She Wants To Do.. Tbh, Portlaoise Would Have Better Job Opportunities, But As I Said, It Depends On What She Wants To Do.

Snap!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭stan1979

she is currently working in an opticans in town so think there is a few down the town that might be an option, i will have her have a look at the leinster express. cheers for the tips folks

stan

• Advertisement

she is currently working in an opticans in town so think there is a few down the town that might be an option, i will have her have a look at the leinster express. cheers for the tips folks

stan

Does she work in Eye Style??

na,

place on suffolk street

na,

place on suffolk street

Suffolk st??? In Portarlington?? Never heard of it!!

Town as in Dublin.........

city centre , "the big smoke":)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,374 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Town as in Dublin.........

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH.......

I hate it when dubs call Dublin "town" even though they live 50miles away..... Its alright if your in Sandyford or Tallaght... but when in Port....

;):)

29 years living near town gonna take a more than a few weeks before i can call it anything else ;)

Ah but you see in Laois, Town is Portlaoise and Port is Portarlington... so town can't be Dublin aswell... Dublin is just Dublin... :pac:

sorry stevo,
    just cant bring myself to say "goin to dublin for the day" its always been town for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

Steve_o wrote: »
    Ah but you see in Laois, Town is Portlaoise and Port is Portarlington... so town can't be Dublin aswell... Dublin is just Dublin... :pac:
    thats right! culchie power all the way!

Ah Jesus! I've only just got used to not calling Dublin 'town' and actually calling Portarlington town!!!! Portlaoise can't be town too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah Jesus! I've only just got used to not calling Dublin 'town' and actually calling Portarlington town!!!! Portlaoise can't be town too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Portarlington has never been refered to as town unless "I'm just poppin into town"... Portarlington is Port....Portlaoise is town. Its the way of things in culchie land, has been for eons....:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ports best

or else portarlington is called the ' real town' jus to drive the portlaoise heads mad, we used to say that years ago when the senior championship was goin on when we were actually good, but i dont think many people say it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

:confused: you lot have me head in a spin! lol!

we will explain all fri night undecided before you get drunk the way you will remember ok;)

• Advertisement

lol! what if Im already twisted when I get there?(seeing as a certain somebody has painted me to be a little alco) ;)

then maybe we might just get you some help:D

undecided wrote: »
    lol! what if Im already twisted when I get there?(seeing as a certain somebody has painted me to be a little alco) ;)

**Think the phrase 'little alco' is a bit understated....I have seen your off licence sorry, grocery bill!!** ;)

undecided wrote: »

Oh God, is this one of those "start drinking when you get up in the morning - Go to the pub hammered at 5pm, drink til 1am, go to the hotel, get turned away at the door for being too fu**** and then wonder down the street for a feed" sort of sessions...??

Oh God, is this one of those start drinking when you get up in the morning - Go to the pub hammered at 5pm, drink til 1am, go to the hotel, get turned away at the door for being too fu**** and then wonder down the street for a feed sort of sessions...

God no Steve_o....we weren't lucky enough to get turned away from the hotel LOL!!!

Ha, in any case, i'm gonna take it easy on friday, strangers generally don't appreciate the antics of "Drunk Steve"... it can get messy, very messy!

lol! Thats me! Is mise GUILTY!!!!!!!!

Curvy you just jealous coz I have a fully stocked bar at the ready when I want it!

jeez some women get so bitchy when jealous!;)

stevo we could have to keep the two ladies apart fri night,,, im on the lucozade:p

Oh Dear, I learned once not to get in between 2 drunken ladies, it ends badly!!! I'll just do what i always do in times of pub trouble... down the pint and leg it!!! PS. how old (if ye dont mind) is everyone goin to this shin dig?? I just don't wanna be the odd one out age wise!!!

• Advertisement

Lol we 2 pussy cats really!

Age range is from mid 20 to late 30s or thereabouts didnt ask indivdually!

Advertisement