Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep your doors locked!

Options
  • 06-06-2008 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

5 burgleries in town last night. all of them happened with the familys in the house and it looked to be all planned, so heads up folks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

:eek: No way where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ports best

tanx stevoman for the warning... where did they happen man

Id want to go and find out how to use my alarm so!:o been here since july haven tried it yet! either that or train the dog to bite and not lick! lol

tut tut tut undecided get that alarm goin..:eek:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Nasty, I've heard of this type of burglary before. Their generally after particular items. Cars, motor bikes etc.

When ya lock the door make sure to remove the key from it. And leave your keys down stair. If they want you motor they go to what ever means necessary. Let em have it i say. Items can be replaced, lives can't

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

where was this stevoman??? WTF??? i read something in the papers a few weeks back but not again!!! port is beginning to scare me now!!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Ruby-J wrote: »
    where was this stevoman??? WTF??? i read something in the papers a few weeks back but not again!!! port is beginning to scare me now!!!

Ah it's not all that bad. Bad news always comes first. Their is good news too. Reminds me of any time i meet my Ma.

ME: Any news?
    MA: ***** ***** died
    ME: Any good news?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 nightcaller32

*hahah... my names so appropriate right now*

But your right guys there has been so many break ins lately, one of my neighbors got done a while ago and he woke up about 2ish to find a guy standing at the end of his bed and told him to stay where he was and that they were going to take what they wanted so there was no point in getting hurt over a few pieces of household items......... ahahah the neck on these guys, in fairness where i live in port most of the people around me are guards or farmers and they all own guns....... but kikel says when you lock your doors never leave the key in them and never leave your key where it can be seen from any of your windows, plus if you see anyone hanging around the area make it known that you've seen them....... and just for a heads up the whole leaving a light on when going out doesn't work unless you rotate the lights over a period of time, they'll usually case a house for a week or so first to see when your there and if your out what lights you leave on, house alarms are good as a deterant but if you should really look into safes for your valuables...

Anyways just a thought........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

*hahah... my names so appropriate right now*

But your right guys there has been so many break ins lately, one of my neighbors got done a while ago and he woke up about 2ish to find a guy standing at the end of his bed and told him to stay where he was and that they were going to take what they wanted so there was no point in getting hurt over a few pieces of household items......... ahahah the neck on these guys, in fairness where i live in port most of the people around me are guards or farmers and they all own guns....... but kikel says when you lock your doors never leave the key in them and never leave your key where it can be seen from any of your windows, plus if you see anyone hanging around the area make it known that you've seen them....... and just for a heads up the whole leaving a light on when going out doesn't work unless you rotate the lights over a period of time, they'll usually case a house for a week or so first to see when your there and if your out what lights you leave on, house alarms are good as a deterant but if you should really look into safes for your valuables...

Anyways just a thought........

Nothin like the security of a fire arm combined with an alarm...

/nods off stroking shotgun....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

sorry folks, just gettig back to ye now. there where 2 in wilton lawns and one in saint michaels park and two on sandy lane. all hit the same area. real professional job! scummers, imagine some of those people had kids!

i thought i was dangerous sleeping with my shotgun under my bed, i think i'l keep it there from now on!!!!

• Advertisement

pure scum bags that do that stevoman.. thank you for the warning as well

stevoman wrote: »
    sorry folks, just gettig back to ye now. there where 2 in wilton lawns and one in saint michaels park and two on sandy lane. all hit the same area. real professional job! scummers, imagine some of those people had kids!

i thought i was dangerous sleeping with my shotgun under my bed, i think i'l keep it there from now on!!!!

Oh dear, i grew up on Sandy Lane, tbh i'm not surprised, it was always gettin burgled when I was young, my dad's car was stolen once and we were burgled once... St. Michaels Park used to be a hotspot for burglaries aswell, obviously still is...

Steve_o wrote: »
    Oh dear, i grew up on Sandy Lane, tbh i'm not surprised, it was always gettin burgled when I was young, my dad's car was stolen once and we were burgled once... St. Michaels Park used to be a hotspot for burglaries aswell, obviously still is...

id say its the easy access for wardropes field!!!!

stevoman wrote: »
    id say its the easy access for wardropes field!!!!

Probably, Port really has gone to the dogs, it was always bad, but nowadays its just a sh***ole....So many scumbags, Its a shame really, cause Port has a lovely history and heritage...

Steve_o wrote: »
    Probably, Port really has gone to the dogs, it was always bad, but nowadays its just a sh***ole....So many scumbags, Its a shame really, cause Port has a lovely history and heritage...
    I know, wel it suppose we have to move with the times. we could have dont it a lot better though. the county council are just as big scumbags. if it was planned better it owuld be grand, but like every society, its always the filth that take advantage and leave the good folks to pick up the pieces

and it really is a nice little town, theres to many scum bags in it now

ports best wrote: »
    and it really is a nice little town, theres to many scum bags in it now

well its as bad as the rest. its just such change. i see the halting site is closed. i hear they are getting an estate on ballymorris road, by the train bridge they are gonna build there.

is that goin to be just for the travellers from the halting site stevoman,

Im not sure to be honest. its all pie in the sky kinda.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭stan1979

hi folks,
    have just moved into lansdowne on the ballymorris road and the last thing i wanted to hear was about a halting site goin in beside/near it,
    i know someone said it was pie n the sky stuff, but cant wait to see the mrs reaction when i tell her later.

stan

• Advertisement

stan1979 wrote: »
    hi folks,
    have just moved into lansdowne on the ballymorris road and the last thing i wanted to hear was about a halting site goin in beside/near it,
    i know someone said it was pie n the sky stuff, but cant wait to see the mrs reaction when i tell her later.

stan

Most of the travellers in that halting site were ok, bar the ones involved in the murder a few yrs back... shouldn't have too much to worry about imo..

hi folks,

stan

The halting site is already at the top of ballymorris road, but its shut shop now, its and estate they are building for the travellers on the land on the left beside the train bridge on ballymorris road as your heading out of town. In fairness it mightnt be that bad, they have lovely houses in mountmellick on the port road and keep them better then a lot of settled people. some of the houses are very nicely done.

dont get me wrong, aint got nothing against them at all and if i came across that i did, i apologise straight away. some travellers broke into my mates home a few years ago and they were from a local halting site. just goin from my experience thats all.

stan

lansdowne looks like a nice spot stan. a friend of mine is moveing there to i think, them travellers from the halting site tend to stick to them selves, they might not bother ya that much

dont get me wrong, aint got nothing against them at all and if i came across that i did, i apologise straight away. some travellers broke into my mates home a few years ago and they were from a local halting site. just goin from my experience thats all.

stan
    dont worry stan i dont think your anti traveller or anything;)

i just wouldnt get too worried over it yet so i wouldnt as i said its all pie in the sky so god only knows what the plans are for sure. either way its shouldnt effect you much. landsdowne looks like a nice estate.

if you not from town welcome! and if ya are from town congrats on the purchase!

cheers stevo,

moved down from celbridge a few weeks ago, have to say portarlington seems to be a grand ol town and well impreesed with lansdowne although its still near empty and no signs of many people buying the houses. to be honest havent noticed the scumbag elementmuch around the town bar the few little hoods outside the east end hotel on the b/h sunday

stan

welcome to town stan your welcome to come drinkin with us on this friday if you want, theres a thread about it on here have a read and see what ya think

Hi stan
    welcome to port! Port isnt that bad just a few bad eggs trying to ruin it for decent people-lets just hope the garda start getting the finger out sooner ratheer than later! Landowne is nice estate considered buying there myself at the start. +1 on the drinks fri night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Hey Stan, welcome to Port and the boards! Lansdowne is lovely ~ isn't there a house the front road there with a fab garden??

Come drinking Friday!! Bring the Mrs!

• Advertisement

morning folks,

cheers for the invite out drinking, unfortunately heading away for a few days hols this friday with the mrs family. should be entertaining. might catch ya on the next session down the town. not sure which garden you mean, but there is always an oul fella out there working on a garden so maybe thats it.
    have to say i am well impressed with "porto" as my mates have christened it even if there is a few heads about. same shi* different town.

whats the job situation like in the area? the mrs is thinking of looking for a job nearby instead of town

stan

Advertisement