Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Independent/Times Exam Diaries (Should be ashamed!)

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

It always amuses me that when someone is being ciriticised online and someone comes on to defend them, while there could be scope for defending their friend in a reasonable manner, often they just either make a complete fool of themselves, are completely unconvincing and/or seem completely oblivious to the valid reasons people were criticising their friend in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Kgirl wrote: »
    Its not her fault that she isn't a typical lc student!

Well who's fault is it then? She couldn't apply herself the first time. Or the second time. (After going to the premier grinds school in the republic)
    She isn't worthy of breathing the same air as me or anyone else for that matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 TomTucker

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    It always amuses me that when someone is being ciriticised online and someone comes on to defend them, while there could be scope for defending their friend in a reasonable manner, often they just either make a complete fool of themselves, are completely unconvincing and/or seem completely oblivious to the valid reasons people were criticising their friend in the first place.

It always saddens me when dicks are oblivious to feelings in their quests of ignorance and malice.

And to ZorbaTehZ, why are you commenting on her if you know nothing about laura brady or her previous leaving certs? If you had read her articles you would know that this year is her first in the institute. I'd also like to say that the last sentence in your post serves only to demonstrate that you are the one who is problematic to this world. It is exactly your kind of attitude is responsible for the evil in the world. You shouldn't be such an uncaring person

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

please calm it down a little. No more insulting posts or there will be bannings

I feel that you are very late in moderating this post. Have you read all 29 pages?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭fated2pretend

TomTucker wrote: »
    I feel that you are very late in moderating this post. Have you read all 29 pages?

No-one's said anything that 's really needed moderating yet! People have either been supporting or criticising Laura/The Irish Times by expressing their opinions on a public forum. There weren't any death-threats or anything like that; the 'worst' it came to was someone hoping she'd fail, which is:
    (a) a natural response when you see someone being cocky enough to say "that's 200 points under my pillow." I wouldn't say that to my best friend, even if I did think it was true
    and (b) hardly likely to affect her results, unless some people on here are seriously skilled at voodoo :D

I do agree that it's gone on far too long; she hasn't even had an article published in the last week, and the LC is over for most people now. Let's just move on and forget about it

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭A-Bit-Dodge

For the love of Zeus, how many times can one person misuse the word Bigot in a thread??:rolleyes:

fated2pretend, I love your name, and I love them :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

For the love of Zeus, how many times can one person misuse the word Bigot in a thread??:rolleyes:

....and define it.
    And STILL misuse it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭fated2pretend

MGMT FTW :D

How was bigot misused?

• Advertisement

Wooot!!! A certain festival, second weekend of July, crazy dancing shall ensue...:D

TomTucker wrote: »
    How was bigot misused?

Kgirl repeatedly confused sexism and bigotry after defining it...

I don't think she did, i think the male diarist analogy was nothing to do with different sexes, but more about how some posters were criticizing brady on her personal lifestyle. But thats just how i took it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Kgirl wrote: »
    Another thing- people are so outraged that she talked about her shoes and bed and that she liked material things, why? If we had a male diarist who wrote about football and sports and went to watch a match before english as his way of relaxing, would people be in uproar then?? I don't think so. Bigotry seems rife round these parts...

When the argument doesn't go your way, you assume it's sexism? Wow, however personally if I had to read an arrogant male in the Irish Times in the LC section I would feel the same way I would feel about the current writer Laura Brady. I think it's a legitimate objection when people start saying they have 200 under the pillow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cf19er

"I think it's a legitimate objection when people start saying they have 200 under the pillow."? I think you meant, "I think there can be a legitimate objection to people claiming they have 200 points under their pillow" or some such because what you said was that it IS a legitimate objection to say you have 200 points under the pillow.
    I'm off to browse your 4,155 other posts for grammatical errors!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

cf19er wrote: »
    I'm off to browse your 4,155 other posts for grammatical errors!:p

This is a classic argument of someone who doesnt like the way the conversation goes. Talk about the content of the post, not the way its said.

Laura Brady, I personally dont care how she is, Doesnt effect me

turgon wrote: »
    True. Lay off guys. Laura, I love you.

If your indifferent to someone u love, i hope i never get on your bad side!

And my grammar correcting post was just a laugh, i of course know what Jakkass was saying, i jus thought i'd clear it up for new comers to d post, with no ill intent meant, as i tried to donate with my happy-go-lucky :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

New comers to the post. Or new comers to boards.ie altogether cf19er!!!!!!!!!

Dont spread my secret, our romance is more fiery than the accusations of the boardies.

Both!
    And i'm not sure you even know the lady in question? Is it perhaps her pariah status that has you interested in her??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Laura Brady will be a cool in-joke for the Class Of 2008 people.

Laura Brady + Rain during the leaving cert (first time) + the words VOTE, YES and NO + the euro championships we weren't in +Derek Mahon are the things you'll remember about early summer 2008 when you look back in years to come.

It's been fun.

as for what I think about Laura, as of today- I care more about the rats up the laneway. Whatever folks, let's leave it. The Irish Times is rubbish now anyway- wouldn't wipe meeeeeee arse with it anymore. Ireland.com, read Frank McNally- sorted.

To all the other bloggers, writers and everyone on here who came on day after day to talk about the paper they just suffered through- GO RAIBH MÍLE MAITH AGAIBH. Much appreciated.

"And so, the end is near...."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

PrivateEye wrote: »

Laura Brady + Rain during the leaving cert (first time) + the words VOTE, YES and NO + the euro championships we weren't in +Derek Mahon are the things you'll remember about early summer 2008 when you look back in years to come.

It's been fun.

as for what I think about Laura, as of today- I care more about the rats up the laneway. Whatever folks, let's leave it. The Irish Times is rubbish now anyway- wouldn't wipe meeeeeee arse with it anymore. Ireland.com, read Frank McNally- sorted.

To all the other bloggers, writers and everyone on here who came on day after day to talk about the paper they just suffered through- GO RAIBH MÍLE MAITH AGAIBH. Much appreciated.

here here, well said young chap:rolleyes:

Awww!!! I was hoping that the end of this thread would be that all our differences would be resolved and we'd learn to except each other and live in a world of peace and harmony......aaah well!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

PrivateEye wrote: »

It's been fun.

Awww, that was a great post! Laura Brady, the in joke for the class of 2008...classic!

Yeah, while I didn't really post on boardsuring the exams, but it was great to just come on here, relax for an hour or so before doing some more study and make yourself feel better by seeing that other people found it hard too!

So strange to be finished now....!

We've gone a bit off-topic here, but I think it's only right that this should be in the Laura Brady thread, the girl who I will always think of you when I look back at the Leaving and just laugh at how much she amused me! Ah it was good while it lasted guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

This is as good of a conclusion as we are ever going to get. This thread has gone off the rails and now that the LC is finished, I think it can safely retire!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement